Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,474 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:10 AM

My Ordeal With UBA - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / My Ordeal With UBA (655 Views)

My Experience With UBA Bank As A New Customer / My Ordeal With My Worker Today. / Fraudulent Transfer From My Account With UBA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ordeal With UBA by tenderjunkie: 11:41pm On May 12, 2020
Good day nairalanders.

I sent money to a friend in Benue state since last month, and on the 20th of April, he tried withdrawing it via POS. Unfortunately, the transaction failed but his UBA account was debited.

Mind you, he stays in a remote part of Benue where he has to travel for about an hour before he can get to a bank and he also doesn't use an internet enabled phone.

After a failed visit to the bank, I decided to help him get the issue resolved via email with the bank as I bank with UBA also.

I sent UBA a mail explaining the situation on ground on the 21st of April. They replied and sent me a form that my friend had to fill. I was able to get it across to my friend, he filled it and sent it back, and I forwarded it to UBA.

I got a reply that the issue will be resolved on or before the 11th of May. That seemed like a lot of time to wait, but at least there was a definite date.

Beginning on 10th of May, I started sending UBA reminder mails. 11th of May came and they didn't respond. I sent several mails and didn't get a response. I even started a new thread of mail, still no response.
I went on twitter and sent tweets to their official handle, yet not one single response.

I don't know how difficult it is reversing a failed transaction that UBA has completely decided to ignore. My friend will have to attempt visiting the bank again on Thursday and he'll be spending nothing less than 3000 naira. That's money he should have used to do something much better. Not forgetting the money wasted on his first visit to the bank. Even if he goes on Thursday, what's the assurance he'll get it resolved?

To say I'm highly disappointed in UBA is an understatement!

1 Like

Re: My Ordeal With UBA by Flocky: 12:01am On May 13, 2020
tenderjunkie:
Good day nairalanders.

I sent money to a friend in Benue state since last month, and on the 20th of April, he tried withdrawing it via POS. Unfortunately, the transaction failed but his UBA account was debited.

Mind you, he stays in a remote part of Benue where he has to travel for about an hour before he can get to a bank and he also doesn't use an internet enabled phone.

After a failed visit to the bank, I decided to help him get the issue resolved via email with the bank as I bank with UBA also.

I sent UBA a mail explaining the situation on ground on the 21st of April. They replied and sent me a form that my friend had to fill. I was able to get it across to my friend, he filled it and sent it back, and I forwarded it to UBA.

I got a reply that the issue will be resolved on or before the 11th of May. That seemed like a lot of time to wait, but at least there was a definite date.

Beginning on 10th of May, I started sending UBA reminder mails. 11th of May came and they didn't respond. I sent several mails and didn't get a response. I even started a new thread of mail, still no response.
I went on twitter and sent tweets to their official handle, yet not one single response.

I don't know how difficult it is reversing a failed transaction that UBA has completely decided to ignore. My friend will have to attempt visiting the bank again on Thursday and he'll be spending nothing less than 3000 naira. That's money he should have used to do something much better. Not forgetting the money wasted on his first visit to the bank. Even if he goes on Thursday, what's the assurance he'll get it resolved?

To say I'm highly disappointed in UBA is an understatement!

I'm sorry about this sir. Your friend necessarily do not need to visit the bank.

Can u please chat me on 081 55 0916o8 (WhatsApp).
Re: My Ordeal With UBA by seunlayi(m): 3:43am On May 13, 2020
Uba is wicked
Re: My Ordeal With UBA by edunwanna: 8:28am On May 13, 2020
Very wicked aswear.

And na so dem go dey sub-charge like say na u and dem work ur money.
Re: My Ordeal With UBA by olamidarsenal(m): 9:03am On May 13, 2020
Tell your friend to call UBA toll free number.
They will respond to him.
Re: My Ordeal With UBA by tenderjunkie: 10:14am On May 13, 2020
olamidarsenal:
Tell your friend to call UBA toll free number.
They will respond to him.
Toll free? I have wasted over 1k calling their number. Couldn't get hold of any representative

(1) (Reply)

Post COVID-19 Business Idea: Concept Note On The Production Of Poundo Potato / Advice! Which Is More Lucratiue? Plumbing, Paint, Wood Or Electrical Materials / How Much Do You Think I Should Sell This Pap I Made By My Self?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.