Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,125 members, 7,829,008 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:23 PM

I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady (1497 Views)

"Police Stopped Me On Ketu Bridge & Asked For Their Share Of The 50k Cash On Me" / Lady Steals A 2-month-old Baby Because She Doesn’t Have A Boy [Photo] / Abayomi Shogunle Defends SARS: "I Traveled On Road For 3hrs & No one Stopped Me" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by Handsomecole(m): 6:54am On May 13, 2020
Lagos

A 22-year-old lady, Funmilola Adisa, has confessed to drowning her one year and six months old baby because it stood in her way to become a lawyer.

According to Adisa she drowned the baby in a bucket of water, in her apartment, located at the Gowon Estate, Lagos State.

She said: “I killed my baby because she deprived me of realising my dream of becoming a lawyer. I drowned her inside a bucket filled with water on Monday. Thereafter, I reported myself at the Gowon Estate Police Station. The police did not come immediately but when they did, they found the dead baby inside the bucket.”

Adisa, who is now in police custody, explained that she was impregnated by a boy who attended the same Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) classes with her. When she told him that she was pregnant for him, he asked her to go for an abortion, but her father wouldn’t have any of that.

She said: “I passed my JAMB and was offered admission to study Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, but I had to defer the admission because of the baby. I wanted to take her to the orphanage home at first, when it became difficult to take care of her. I live with my sister who has no job and I am also not working. I felt there was no use keeping her since I could not take care of her. I killed her because I was frustrated but most importantly, because she stood in the way of actualising my dream of becoming a lawyer.”

The suspect was taken to the Lagos State Police Command headquarters, Ikeja, yesterday, from where the Commissioner of Police, Hakeem Odumosu, directed that she should be transferred to the State Criminal Investigations and Intelligence Department (SCIID), Panti, Yaba.

Adisa’s elder sister, who did not want her name mentioned, said she was shocked to hear that her younger sister committed such an act.

She added: “I suspected she was gradually developing a mental problem. Our mother had the same mental problem before she died. We live in the same apartment but have our separate bedrooms. I didn’t know when she drowned the baby, until the police arrived.”

https://premiumreportersonline.com/2020/05/13/i-killed-my-baby-because-it-stopped-me-from-becoming-a-lawyer-says-22-year-old-lady/

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by Jumlek2411: 7:01am On May 13, 2020
Wonders shall never end, how can a mother kill her baby? She should have taken her to an orphanage
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by kingvick09(m): 7:06am On May 13, 2020
wicked World
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by ikorodureporta: 7:06am On May 13, 2020
What of d dk that produced juice??
Na dis type dey lead to everlasting barrenness
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by tayebest(m): 7:06am On May 13, 2020
Omo ale angry
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by JAOS(m): 7:13am On May 13, 2020
wicked woman

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by bigiyaro(m): 7:17am On May 13, 2020
you see the set of eyes and determined mouth, these are features of a cold blooded killers, seeing her face set like...she has no regrets.
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by gRESEARCHER: 7:17am On May 13, 2020
I'm not surprised.
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by phr33man(m): 7:18am On May 13, 2020
lipsrsealed

Mogbe
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by agadez007(m): 7:22am On May 13, 2020
Funmilola Adisa

Omoluabi
Great that she didn't mine it's skull
cool
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by InlandTaipan84(m): 7:29am On May 13, 2020
U mind the bitch... She didn't know when she was doing in the other room ��
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by Justiceleague1: 10:06am On May 13, 2020
Yesterday a zb created a thread of a woman who sold her baby. That's bad but between selling and killing an innocent baby, which one is worse!??

Funny thing was, tribalists turned that thread into something else simply cos the woman was Igbo but they are seeing this but are keeping mute.

See how she narrated how she killed the poor baby in a very painful way!!!!
Evil generation.
Xerox miracle1991
Helinues melezenawii
Prindebola201 tissaia
Sunshineg5 and co

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by helinues: 10:13am On May 13, 2020
Justiceleague1:
Yesterday a zb created a thread of a woman who sold her baby. That's bad but between selling and killing an innocent baby, which one is worse!??

Funny thing was, tribalists turned that thread into something else simply cos the woman was Igbo but they are seeing this but are keeping mute.

See how she narrated how she killed the poor baby in a very painful way!!!!
Evil generation.

Helinues melezenawii
Prindebola201 tissaia
Sunshineg5 and co

Don't ever mentioned me in this kind of thread.

I made my opinion on yesterday thread and moved on.

Are you still stucked with yesterday events?
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by Nobody: 10:16am On May 13, 2020
Imagine chicken brain So she opened your legs to get you pregnant? I dislike people who don't like taking responsibility for their actions but would rather look for someone to blame for their stupid actions.

Very wicked.

You will pay dearly cos the child is innocent.
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by Justiceleague1: 10:50am On May 13, 2020
helinues:

Shattap ya mouth there,who are you warning?!

All of you were making mockery of the poor woman just cos she's Igbo but have all lost your voice here.
You and your generation might be in her shoes tomorrow.

Mentioned indeed.

So much for educated people

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by gasparpisciotta: 12:08pm On May 13, 2020
She will be admitted to Kirikiri maximum prison
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by 24SEVEN: 1:22pm On May 13, 2020
helinues:

We want your 'candid' opinion on todays event.

2 Likes

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by helinues: 1:23pm On May 13, 2020
24SEVEN:

We want your 'candid' opinions on todays event.

And am I Minister of NL affairs? undecided
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by helinues: 1:24pm On May 13, 2020
Justiceleague1:

Shattap ya mouth there,who are you warning?!

All of you were making mockery of the poor woman just cos she's Igbo but have all lost your voice here.
You and your generation might be in her shoes tomorrow.

Mentioned indeed.

So much for educated people

No worry, make I serve you plenty bucket.. Only if you could fill a bucket... grin grin
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by 24SEVEN: 1:27pm On May 13, 2020
helinues:

And am I Minister of NL affairs? undecided

You did not remember that you aren't a minister of NL affairs when you made your opinion on the Igbo woman who sold her baby. Now a Yoruba woman has killed hers and you now realized you aren't a minister?? Is that how it works?

1 Like

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by helinues: 1:33pm On May 13, 2020
24SEVEN:

You did not remember that you aren't a minister of NL affairs when you made your opinion on the Igbo woman who sold her baby. Now a Yoruba woman has killed hers and you now realized you aren't a minister?? Is that how it works?

Choi, so na by force to comments on a particular thread.

My friend are you that idle?
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by 24SEVEN: 1:40pm On May 13, 2020
helinues:

Choi, so na by force to comments on a particular thread.

My friend are you that idle?

If not that I love Yoruba women, I would have written unprintable things to balance what you wrote yesterday. But im a nice guy.
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by helinues: 1:55pm On May 13, 2020
24SEVEN:

If not that I love Yoruba women, I would have written unprintable things to balance what you wrote yesterday. But im a nice guy.

Stop saying you are a nice guy.. You are simply an ethnic bigotry..

Attached below was my comments...

Hian!

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by 24SEVEN: 5:38pm On May 13, 2020
helinues:

Stop saying you are a nice guy.. You are simply an ethnic bigotry..
Attached below was my comments...
Hian!
Pity me small na.. How can only me be ethnic bigotry.. Pot calling Kettle black.
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by dahnimoh(m): 6:11pm On May 13, 2020
Wonders .

WHAT a painful way to die

Rip to the innocent baby

Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by irunoko(m): 6:15pm On May 13, 2020
Barry the law cheesy grin

Shotiwadi lawyer bayi? grin grin cheesy
Re: I Killed My Baby Because It Stopped Me From Becoming A Lawyer Says 22 Years Lady by Kobojunkie: 6:20pm On May 13, 2020
Handsomecole:
Lagos
She said: “I passed my JAMB and was offered admission to study Law at the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, but I had to defer the admission because of the baby. I wanted to take her to the orphanage home at first, when it became difficult to take care of her. I live with my sister who has no job and I am also not working. I felt there was no use keeping her since I could not take care of her. I killed her because I was frustrated but most importantly, because she stood in the way of actualising my dream of becoming a lawyer.”
And there we have it, she knew the right thing to do. But chose otherwise

(1) (Reply)

Photos And Lifestyle Of Bitcoin Lord, The Instagram Big Boy Arrested By EFCC / Suspected Kidnapper / Ritualist Caught In Ado Ekiti (pics) (Video) / Female Prison Guard Who Trafficks Drugs Exposed By Boyfriend On Tiktok

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.