Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,389 members, 7,836,563 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:56 AM

Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa (46507 Views)

Buhari Presides Over Virtual FEC Meeting. Ibrahim Gambari In Attendance / Garba Shehu Reacts To Ibrahim Gambari's Appointment As Chief Of Staff / General Buhari And Ibrahim Gambari In 1984 (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by bencarson007(m): 11:53am On May 13, 2020
To think a man who was minister 36 years ago is still in the corridors of power...i weak

3 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Nobody: 11:53am On May 13, 2020
The rich getting richer.

In Naija, old people are the leaders of tomorrow. The aged are replacements.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Nobody: 11:53am On May 13, 2020
Wow

Check my signature to get your high quality dog food
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Emax911: 11:53am On May 13, 2020
nice
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by AbidexFIRE: 11:53am On May 13, 2020
I hope he learn from Abba kyari's death,
The Corona that nab him is still very much around ooo
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by OBUKOMENA: 11:53am On May 13, 2020
F
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Amarabae(f): 11:54am On May 13, 2020
another Fulani appointee from the land of conquered ilorin

2 Likes

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by joshepade(m): 11:55am On May 13, 2020
Abba Kyari has become history.
Even if he worked hard and tirelessly, he has been replaced in less than a month... Such is life
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by fergie001: 11:55am On May 13, 2020
Sunshineg5:
Are you sure Monguno is in charge?

I think Gambari is even closer to Buhari than Monguno
Its based on your ?
Monguno is the one that seem to be clapping.
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by CelestineNelson: 11:55am On May 13, 2020
75 years old baba.,..
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Drizzy5001(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2020
Ok
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Marshalemmy(m): 11:56am On May 13, 2020
Flyingngel:
let him go and eat his own portion of yam.
This man has been eating his portion for so long a time. This is what is called "recycle"
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by soft101: 11:56am On May 13, 2020
The man should thread with caution because Coro is still very much alive.

We wish him all the best.
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by CyberWolf: 11:56am On May 13, 2020
This man is probably another ABBA kyari or worse..

Amb. Dapo Fafowora wrote:

I know Ibrahim Gambari quite well. I was the one who in 1981 brought him to the UN at his request as a member of the Nigerian delegation. He was then a senior lecturer at the ABU. In fact, the late Prof Audu, who was then Foreign Minister actually advised me against inviting him to the UN. But he had strong academic credentials which impressed me. He had obtained his first degree in political science from the LSE, and a doctorate from Colombia University in New York. We were looking for strong delegates to the UN General Assembly and I considered him the kind of delegates we were looking for.

So, I invited him as one of our delegates to the UN General Assembly. He was at the UN in New York with me. I gave him and his wife my city apartment which I was not using free for 3 months plus a car. I liked him and I was not seeking any favours from him.

After 3 months he returned home and sent me a note thanking me for giving him the first opportunity to visit the UN as a delegate and giving him his first experience at multilateral diplomacy.

However, he sent President Shagari a secret and private note that while he was at the UN, he observed that I had not been attending the meeting of Islamic states at the UN. President Shagari sent the note to Prof Audu who forwarded it to me in New York. He didn’t even ask me for any comments on Gambari’s secret memo as Prof Audu fully understood that Nigeria had traditionally not been attending meetings if the Islamic states as we were not then a member of the Group.

Gambari asked for a private meeting with President Shagari which Prof Audu advised against. I was shocked that someone I had helped so much turned round to betray me so blatantly. I did not tell him I knew about the secret letter he had sent to the UN.

When Shagari was overthrown by Buhari Gambari became Foreign Minister. When career ambassadors were being suddenly retired I was at first not on the list. But Gambari, now FM and Rafindadi, the head of the NSO who had worked under me in London and was now head of the NSO worked together to secure my retirement. In fact, when I called him from New York to confirm from him news about my retirement he first denied it.

Thereafter, he no longer took my calls. In fact, I remained at my post in New York for another 3 months during which the MFA tried to reverse the decision to retire me. I had done absolutely nothing wrong in my entire career in the diplomatic service and only got into trouble for helping a young academic who turned against me to fulfil his own personal ambition. Since then, he and I have only met twice in very difficult circumstances. First at a dinner by a mutual friend in New York several years after my retirement. He could barely look directly at me. He was clearly embarrassed.

Then when Buhari won the elections in 2015 I headed a team that was set up to prepare a paper for him on our Foreign Policy. Subsequently, Alhaji Joda asked him to join the team. Last year, he suddenly called me to ask if I would kindly represent him at a public lecture he had agreed to chair. I told him I could not and that he should look for someone younger. He immediately hung up on me.

Now, ha may be the kind of person Buhari is looking for to succeed Abba Kyari as COS. They are very much alike but Gambari is more subtle and even more dangerous and will substitute the national interests for his own personal interests. I have no doubt about that. What I have written in this long piece is just some of my personal experience and encounter with him.

Everything I have written here is in my memoirs ‘Lest I Forget ‘which he has seen and read. It is nothing new. But I think it important that the character of our top govt officials should be revealed and not covered up. We have, as a nation, paid dearly for supporting appointments to high office that are often detrimental to our nation. Enough is enough and this has to stop.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by blowjohn(m): 11:57am On May 13, 2020
Ubykcee:
Welcome on board undecided let the normal business begins. Work hard and make your boss proud. Forget about the critics and focus.
Ur not worried about his age abi?
A 75 year old who was minister in the 80s appointed again 30 years after

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by nairavsdollars(f): 11:58am On May 13, 2020
The man has resumed yet Buhari's government has not announced his appointment. Na wa oooo
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by jericco1(m): 11:58am On May 13, 2020
He is too old to be COS to the president

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Bluffly: 11:59am On May 13, 2020
Buhari pensioners
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Sunshineg5(m): 11:59am On May 13, 2020
fergie001:

Its based on your ?
Monguno is the one that seem to be clapping.
Ok I get you now

I thought you suggested Monguno is the new head of the cabal.

Hmmmm, the same Monguno who wrote letters against Kayari.

At least now who know the truth about the cabal, We will know if Kayari was the only terrible person as the media painted it.
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Emax911: 12:00pm On May 13, 2020
[b][/b][/color][color=#006600]
hmm
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by enemyofprogress: 12:02pm On May 13, 2020
Tissaia:
Let's not run faster than our shadow.
na who dey follow you run before?

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by foolbuster: 12:04pm On May 13, 2020
naptu2:
You can also see a video of his arrival in this link

https://twitter.com/SaharaReporters/status/1260521206207348736

All the sycophants in that video are africa's biggest problem.
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by emmaitive(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2020
Corona virus where are thou
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by emmaitive(m): 12:04pm On May 13, 2020
Corona virus where are thou grin
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by olazy6(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2020
Appointment from the cabals
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by Nobody: 12:05pm On May 13, 2020
Administration of older men. So susceptible to corona grin grin Corona generation grin
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by bakkunm: 12:05pm On May 13, 2020
Old man in old villa,congrats
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by humilitypays(m): 12:05pm On May 13, 2020
When foreigners, especially those from the western world see all these images, they will believe that Nigeria is a Muslim country filled with unqualified old men deceiving themselves.

No wonder they now screen every Nigerian at point of entry to their countries as Muslim terrorist angry angry

Just take a look at how people around Nigeria's presidency look unkempt, haggard and dull, sorry to well meaning Nigerians being represented by these set of people just because Nigeria have more number of mad people than sane people who keep voting fellow mad people into power angry angry angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by HeavenlyHolines(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2020
Congratulations sir. I don't have prob with u oo but come 2023,anyone who is related to any leader from 1960 till date who has not impacted something meaningful to Nigeria and Nigerians either brothers or sisters or children schooling abroad or uncle or friends or anyone shouldn't be voted. All of them are the same. They r just recruiting themselves over n over again. We can't be using FORTRAN when other r using JAVA and we can't be using Analog when others r using Digital and we can't be in 2020 when some countries are seeing 2030. Shalom
Re: Ibrahim Gambari Arrives Presidential Villa by salbis(m): 12:06pm On May 13, 2020
See as vultures don dey gather around him.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Go Home And Stop Your Hopeless Agitation’, Igbokwe Tells Nnamdi Kanu / ISWAP Takes Over Chibok Girls, Leah Sharibu From Shekau's Faction / N5bn Found In Army General’s Daughter’s Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.