Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Intel Is Making 28W Ice Lake Chips Exclusive To Apple's Macbook Pro - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Intel Is Making 28W Ice Lake Chips Exclusive To Apple's Macbook Pro (464 Views)

✈✳✅ All Our Available American Used (CORE I7) Laptops From HP To Apple Mac's / ✈✳✅ALL AMERICAN USED APPLE MACBOOK PRO & AIR / Get Direct UK Used Apple Macbook Pro At Cheap Rate With Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Intel Is Making 28W Ice Lake Chips Exclusive To Apple's Macbook Pro by Sgaryjnr(f): 12:54pm On May 13, 2020
Laptop manufacturers haven’t used Intel’s 8th generation 28 W CPUs in their designs, so Intel appears to have decided that Apple is the only company that will be able to use the newer 28 W, 10th-gen Ice Lake parts. The same is true for its 10 W, Ice Lake Y CPUs.

Widespread reports indicate that Apple has been working on ARM-based CPUs for its Macs for years now, presumably to reduce its dependence on Intel chips that don’t seem to get a lot faster with every new generation.

However, that doesn't mean its relationship with Intel is suffering, and in fact it looks like it might be getting stronger. As spotted by the folks over at Notebookcheck, some chips from Intel's 10th-gen Ice Lake lineup have been marked as exclusive for Apple products.

Take the Core i7-1068G7, which is supposed to be the most powerful part in the whole lineup. Recently, Intel quietly removed the chip from their online database and added the Core i7-1068NG7. To further complicate things, the silicon giant did the same thing with the Core i5-1038G7, which has been superseded by the i5-1038NG7.

READ MORE THROUGH THE LINK BELOW

https://cutzwaps.tech/intel-is-making-28w-ice-lake-chips-exclusive-to-apples-macbook-pro/

(1) (Reply)

The Worst That Could Happen When Buying A Laptop Online / Please Is A Laptop With Windows 7 OS Okay For Someone Who Is Into Online Deals? / Hp All In One Computer Bonanza Sale ( ALL SOLD ).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.