Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,996 members, 7,825,081 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho (515 Views)

AFCON: Wabali Bobo Is Better Than Francis Uzoho,” Gernot Rohr / Facts About Nigeria's Goalkeeper, Francis Uzoho With Pictures. / Francis Uzoho's Age Questioned By South African Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho by bestofnollywood: 2:11pm On May 13, 2020
By Femi Abimbola

Super Eagles goalie Francis Uzoho, has revealed that he got his first invitation to the camp of the Super Eagles after he made his debut with Deportivo La Corona in the spanish top flight.
He said that he wasn’t expecting to be drafted to the senior national team of Nigeria so soon as he was still very young and learning the ropes in Spain.

Uzoho disclosed that manning the goal post as Super Eagles no 1 was the greatest surprise to him as that has always being his dream.

Speaking on a Lagos based radio show, he revealed that he used to be picking balls for other Super Eagles goalies, Daniel Akpeyi and Ikechukwu Ezenwa at Heartland football club in owerri.

According to him, their relationships date back to their years at Heartland and meeting at the national team was a big re-union.

On his long term injury lay off from football activities, he revealed that he is recovering very fast and could meet up whenever normalcy returns to the world in the post COVID era.

Asked about playing against Messi and his team mates in Argentina at the worldcup in 2018, he revealed that it was one of his happiest days of his life.

On the controversy surrounding his age, Uzoho revealed that his looks is confusing people into believing he is older than he claims.

He explained that he worked hard to develop his physique in order to get his stamina and strength to be a good goalie.

He added that his physique was one of the things that attracted scouts from Deportivo when his then football club Aspire academy went on a tour in Spain.

Uzoho revealed that Vincent Enyeama, David De Gea, Jon Oblak and Manuel Nueur are his role models.

Credit:

http://applesbite.com/i-didnt-lie-about-my-age-francis-uzoho/

Re: I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho by WINDSOW(m): 8:42pm On May 13, 2020
And u are still lying angry

2 Likes

Re: I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho by Kenneth10110(m): 9:28pm On May 13, 2020
Dey whine yourself
Re: I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho by OTayobami(m): 11:41pm On May 13, 2020
Someone help me ask him what he was doing in the U17 WC in 2013
Re: I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho by lankka: 12:03am On May 14, 2020
make una leave de guy alone...
NA UR AGE?
Re: I Didn't Lie About My Age - Francis Uzoho by PureGoldh(m): 8:19am On May 14, 2020
Issoryt

(1) (Reply)

Red Card Vs Penalty Kick; As A Manager Which Would You Pick ... / Which Would Be Suitable Club For Leo Messi If He Leaves FC Barcelona? / PSG Says Good Bye To Thiago Silva

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.