Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,428 members, 7,836,719 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

5 Things To Consider When Planning A Multicultural Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 5 Things To Consider When Planning A Multicultural Wedding (266 Views)

5 Things To Consider When Planning A Multicultural Wedding / Africa Multicultural World Foundation Feeds Over 100 Almajaris, Gives Gifts / I'm Planning A 40 Guest (max) Traditional Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Things To Consider When Planning A Multicultural Wedding by michaeladewale2: 6:11pm On May 13, 2020
I remember when Andrew and I were getting married. He is from East Africa, Uganda to be precise and I was from West African, Ghana. We wanted a unique wedding where our cultures will be presented and a way to introduce both families to the different cultures. Our budget did not allow us to have our exotic meals to be represented but we did incorporate traditional dancers to showcase the culture. We also had a traditional wedding ceremony before the white wedding as a way to respect my culture and his. I am sharing this story to encourage you as you go through your wedding planning journey to have a focus of trying to weave a piece of both cultures in the wedding as a sign of your union and respect for each other’s cultures. Here are tips to consider when planning your wedding:

1. Communication

Both of you must over communicate during this time to ensure that you capture both of your visions and desires for the wedding. Take you time to also learn more about your cultures and select what you will like to incorporate into the wedding.

2. Respect and Honor Each Other’s Culture

Your culture is very different from your partner’s culture, so please respect it and in every way you can honor their culture if you can. How do you respect it? Listen more to how they do things and listen with interest and be eager to know more about it. Ask questions, show interest and a desire to learn more about it. A wedding is a marriage ceremony for both family and their heritage so you are in for the long hall; embrace it now.

3. Have Elements of Each Culture in the Wedding

This is one my favorite part of the wedding planning process! I advise couples to consider having both cultures represented during the ceremony or the reception time. There are tons of ways you can showcase the union of the two cultures, from dan

4. Get Help:

This tip here is to encourage you to hire a planner who will provide you with an experience. Multicultural weddings are special events and you need a professional to think out the box and guide you with the way everything will flow and the best way to tell your story on that day. You see a planner will approach this a knowledgeable background from planning a unique wedding experience. Also, each cultural wedding is as detailed as a typical white wedding; however we here we can technically was that we have two big wedding merging into one. So please make room in the budget to hire a professional to help plan this event with you and for you. It is such a delegate time

5. Food and Entertainment

Food and Entertainment is the delicate part of the entire planning because food and music bring people together. If you want to make an impact in the presentation of your union as a multicultural couple, this area will be the opportunity to do so. I normally suggest buffet style or a preselected menu. You can’t go wrong with either style of serving food at cultural events. Your guests will have the chance to taste the dishes from each culture and that should be your goal really if showing off your union and cultures is a priority for you. I always employ my couples not to shy away from their cultural dishes being served at the wedding. I am aware that some venues do not allow outside caterers and if that is the case, please adhere to the rules. You can always package a last night take-away snack of desserts for the guest on their way out; if your venue allows that. Do not be afraid to ask! Or better still go with a venue which will allow it.

I hope the above tips will guide you as you plan for your big day. We are a phone call away if you need further assistance and unique with making your dream wedding a reality. Multicultural weddings are one of the most fun and detailed weddings out there. Have fun planning it!

https://jokayevents.com/2020/05/01/5-things-to-consider-when-planning-a-multicultural-wedding/
Re: 5 Things To Consider When Planning A Multicultural Wedding by nony43(m): 6:51am On May 14, 2020
Communication is the main thing, so that one doesn't misunderstand another

(1) (Reply)

Fastest Way To Make Money Online / Free Stuff Request Form on FreeStuffsNg.com / Notice The Three Types Of Epididymitis And Find Suitable Treatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.