Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,483 members, 7,823,117 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

What Comes To You Mind When You Hear Of The Following Nigerian Industrialist? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Comes To You Mind When You Hear Of The Following Nigerian Industrialist? (514 Views)

What Immediately Comes To Your Mind When You Get Money? / Success Story Of Billionaire Industrialist Who Started As A Photographer / Success Story Of Billionaire Industrialist: Samuel Adedoyin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Comes To You Mind When You Hear Of The Following Nigerian Industrialist? by degamonn: 7:10am On May 14, 2020
What comes to your mind when you hear of the following names?
1. Aliko Dangote
2. Mike Adenuga
3. Abdul Samad Rabiu
4. Otedola
5. Folorunsho Alakija
6. Ifanyi Uba
7. Innocent Chukwuma
8. Emeka Offor and
9. The likes
Whenever I hear or think about these names, my prayer is that if only God can grant me the wisdom and business acumen to attain just 25% of Dangote or Abdul Samad’s wealth I will be contented. But the question is ‘at over 40 years, isn’t that too tall an ambition’?
Whenever I hear
1. Senator this
2. Hon. This
3. His Excellency
4. And the likes,

What comes to mind is “They are the percentage few that are always sharing the larger percentage of our collective wealth”. This set of people, as far as they are concern, politics is the only viable business option. They move to and fro from the House of Representative to the Senate, From Senate to Governorship, from Governorship back to the Senate or act as God father to their successor or even when they are out the system, they still indirectly chair and direct every affair of the state with huge monthly remittances going into their accounts to the detriment of the citizen. But that does not make them wealthy.

This class of people, I do not really blame them because they are only taking advantage of an ill system where those whose work you cannot even verify are meant to be handsomely rewarded than those who are directly engaged in productive activities. Their one month take home pay can pay 50 graduates and yet they complain of low pay. They for kuku kari the whole wealth of the contry put for one man poket now.
One thing is for sure, such a system cannot last forever. So, the early we think of engaging in productive operation, the better for us as a country.

(1) (Reply)

Generate More Than 300$ Monthly Just Writing / Strategies of Organization: The Nigerian Perspective / Nigerian Banks To Minimize Debit Card Spending Abroad As FX Crisis Intensifies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.