Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,304 members, 7,836,320 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Where Did We Go Wrong? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Where Did We Go Wrong? (242 Views)

I Saw This Fuel Price List From My Parents Register. Who Did We Offend / Wait A Minute, How Did We Descend This Low - By Dele Momodu / Buhari: People Call Me "Baba Go Slow" Those Going Fast, Where Did They Go? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Did We Go Wrong? by sarris(m): 4:20pm On May 14, 2020
This question has been on my mind over and over again; where did we as a nation got it wrong, till we have degenerated to this abysmal state. Look at the invitation, this was when Nigeria was highly respected in the world, our leaders were held in high esteem. How did we get to this point?

Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? by bid4rich(m): 4:38pm On May 14, 2020
The main question now is "How Can Britain Help Nigeria"?

There was little or no politics then but now, it is 101% of politics. Politics without humanity
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? by donbachi(m): 4:43pm On May 14, 2020
Corrupt manners corrupts good manners.
Re: Where Did We Go Wrong? by budaatum: 4:54pm On May 14, 2020
sarris:
This question has been on my mind over and over again; where did we as a nation got it wrong, till we have degenerated to this abysmal state. Look at the invitation, this was when Nigeria was highly respected in the world, our leaders were held in high esteem. How did we get to this point?
So, if I call a meeting today titled How Can We Help Britain, you'd be here in the future sometime asking where we went wrong?

We went wrong by thinking we had learnt enough and could now teach our masters who designed our system without us knowing how it worked, as evidenced in it falling apart once we got in charge of it.

As to the person who said "There was little or no politics then but now, it is 101% of politics", please go and read some history and you'd see there was always politics. Just that the problems we solved then with politics were different to what we attempt to solve now, with politics.

(1) (Reply)

From The Look Of Things, Do You Think Lagos State Should Impose Another Lockdown / Governor Udom Emmanuel And The Future Beyond Crude Oil / North Leading South

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.