Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:46 AM

Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter (45350 Views)

Gloria Okolie: Court Grants Bail To ‘ESN Operative’s Girlfriend’ Detained By IRT / Lagos #EndSARS Panel Awards N10m To Kolade Johnson’s Family / Faisal Abdulrasheed, Maina’s Son Pulled A Pistol Against DSS - EFCC Agents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by PropertyBuying(f): 6:55pm On May 14, 2020
dazzlingd:
10m is small, money for lawyer and the rest....
They know how they do their calculations.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Agboriotejoye(m): 6:56pm On May 14, 2020
DaBullIT, Stalwart, .
With all what you said here: https://www.nairaland.com/5627591/why-anthony-okolie-arrested-dss#85738837
Have you guys not been cursed so?
The Bible says that cursed is he who stands in the way of the wicked to perverse the course of justice. You guys had better go pray for curses to not manifest in you all.

2 Likes

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nobody: 6:58pm On May 14, 2020
Coldie:
Nigerians can lie shamelessly, even the so called DSS. Lieing that the man used the girls sim to commit fraud.

This is how police would arrest u and pin a gun in ur possession and tell people u are an armed robber

Imagine the bare face lies.

If it were to be true, MTN would have provided the call history sharp sharp for DSS.

The overzealous Zombies DSS wanted to use d guy to shine but God and judiciary have shamed them
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by luluosas(m): 7:06pm On May 14, 2020
Congratulations to Anthony. From prison to a millionaire
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by CaptainFM1: 7:14pm On May 14, 2020
Why is Channels news, NTA, AIT, the dailies and other mainstream media not covering this news?

Is this not news worthy enough? I guess they are all fake media.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by emmaella: 7:18pm On May 14, 2020
Racoon:
This is what many of them especially security agencies-Army, DSS, in particular dont ever remember.Karma will always come visiting.
All are waste of time and desipation of energy though it's good to fight injustice but they will never pay even if the supreme court orders it. You see many garnishee against security agencies are never paid and nothing will happen. It could only be paid if one top oga will be given a cut from it. That way they will comply e.g from the 10m we take 3or 4m if you agree the deal is sealed. Shekinah.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by WeneDiali: 7:21pm On May 14, 2020
Journalists should keep this case in the front burner until the DSS pays up.

Impunity is too much in the zoo..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by galadima77(m): 7:22pm On May 14, 2020
Somebody should tell NCDC to stop sending me unsolicited messages please. Nobody knew my number while sharing palliatives, so abeg leave me alone for your SMS.

On the topic: I hope they pay him ASAP else na stunts
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Throwback: 7:27pm On May 14, 2020
This case should be investigated further for the truth as per the abuse by the DSS, the Presidency, Hanan Buhari on the one hand, and about a possible fraudulence by the SIM card user.

We have tried so hard to have a functioning democracy with the rights of the citizenry guaranteed, but some useless bastards just love to abuse their office and encroach on the rights of others to exist.

Shame on the lying DSS who could not prove their claim that a lawful Nigerian citizen was using the SIM card he validly bought to defraud Nigerians.

MTN no send DSS message and had every right to reassign the dormant line, Hanan also claimed she no send DSS message as she never filed any complaint, so who is that idiotic bastard at DSS that sent himself a message he could not defend?

Do they just roam about aimlessly looking for who to intimidate, or they are trying to cover the tracks of someone who actually reported a crime that a whole useless DSS could not properly investigate and have solid facts to lock up a possible fraudster?

Someone at DSS needs to be fired and criminally prosecuted.

I hate injustice, worse still, I hate incompetence.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by risos(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2020
Oya let us wait for appeal court and supreme court.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by ZIAZI(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2020
MTN should not be allowed to go unhurt in all this. I do not know the rationale, but y give out an existing number which a person must have registered to another person? I am certain she bought that sim and registered it accordingly. Can't another number be created for subsequent customers? I bought a 9mobile sim which I use for browsing alone but funny enuf, d day I called someone with it, she told me Truecaller identified the number with a different name! I just had to keep my SIM PACK safe to avoid "Do u know me?"
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Pius247(m): 7:28pm On May 14, 2020
Sometimes, the judiciary is the hope for the common man in Nigeria.

Congratulations.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Throwback: 7:29pm On May 14, 2020
ZIAZI:
MTN should not be allowed to go unhurt in all this. I do not know the rationale, but y give out an existing number which a person must have registered to another person? I am certain she bought that sim and registered it accordingly. Can't another number be created for subsequent customers? I bought a 9mobile sim which I use for browsing alone but funny enuf, d day I called someone with it, she told me Truecaller identified the number with a different name! I just had to keep my SIM PACK safe to avoid "Do u know me?"

Dormant numbers are always reassigned by all networks.

I presume it is the practice everywhere.

The issue here is that upon realizing from call he had been receiving, that the line formerly belonged to Hanan Buhari, the new user was alleged to have proceeded to use the line to perpetrate identity fraud by posing as the old user to defraud unsuspecting callers of the old users.

However, it seems even the DSS is not immune from the uselessness that is typical of every government institution in Nigeria.

They simply were unable to work according to the law as regards the human right of an accused. Also, they could not prove the fraud for which they claim to have made the arrest.

The Judge should have awarded nothing less than the Naira equivalent of $1m, and such red money after being paid, should have been deducted over 5 years from the salaries of the DSS team that handled the matter, as a reminder that their stupidity is very costly.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nobody: 7:29pm On May 14, 2020
galadima77:
Somebody should tell NCDC to stop sending me unsolicited messages please. Nobody knew my number while sharing palliatives, so abeg leave me alone for your SMS.

On the topic: I hope they pay him ASAP else na stunts

Make we sue NCDC for constituting nuisance, SMS terrorism and stalking.

Falana or Agbakoba here we come

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nairalandmonika: 7:33pm On May 14, 2020
Rudewhitelondon:
How did it get his hands on that Sim. The telecommunication company is definitely the perpetrator here.
Stop asking foolish questions, if u don't use ur sim after six months the Telecom company can recycle and resell ur sim.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by otomatic(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2020
Ishilove:
So who will compel the DSS to pay up?

philip0906:

That is where the problem is...He might not see shi shi, till maybe an executive order is made for him to be paid

No need for executive order. If they don't pay up or appeal, head back to court and secure a garnishee order to serve on their bankers.

I think apart from knowing our rights, we also need to know how to defend them.
Abeg where the lawyers in the house. Make dem chuck mouth so we can learn
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Ohizman73(m): 7:39pm On May 14, 2020
Even though the said man got some respite there was the influence of powers to be on case. The DSS was made a scapegoat to cover up the presidency.the DSS of course did not act without directive from the presidency to arrest the man.So am surprised with the claim by the presidents daughter that she never made any accusation concerning the cloning of her phone.Then also the counterclaim by the DSS that the man was arrested for using the phone line to defraud people, if he was doing that why did they not provide the evidence. It is sad that mtn also were not held liable. Because they out to have reconfigured the line since they recycled the line. They are also a critical party to the case in providing transcripts of conversations of the man using the line for fraud as allerged by the DSS. The case is a serious one as God was on his side if not he would have rot in jail for no justification other than he bought a controversial line. Thank God he had the receipt as he bought from an authorised telecoms dealer.that assisted him in putting up a defence what if he had misplaced the receipt or bought the line from a hawker as many of us.so many people are rooting in jail as they were victims of circumstances.God help us

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by FEGNO: 7:50pm On May 14, 2020
Will he ever be paid?
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nairalandmonika: 7:50pm On May 14, 2020
Throwback:

Dormant numbers are always reassigned by all networks.

I presume it is the practice everywhere.

The issue here is that upon realizing from call he had been receiving, that the line formerly belonged to Hanan Buhari, the new user was alleged to have proceeded to use the line to perpetrate identity fraud by posing as the old user to defraud unsuspecting callers of the old users.

However, it seems even the DSS is not immune from the uselessness that is typical of every government institution in Nigeria.

They simply were unable to work according to the law as regards the human right of an accused. Also, they could not prove the fraud for which they claim to have made the arrest.

The Judge should have awarded nothing less than the Naira equivalent of $1m, and such red money after being paid, should have been deducted over 5 years from the salaries of the DSS team that handled the matter, as a reminder that their stupidity is very costly.
U are still trying to defend rubbish, even DSS could not prove that he did identity fraud but u just assume he did it.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Okoroawusa: 7:53pm On May 14, 2020
Good judgement.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Throwback: 7:54pm On May 14, 2020
Ohizman73:
Even though the said man got some respite there was the influence of powers to be on case. The DSS was made a scapegoat to cover up the presidency.the DSS of course did not act without directive from the presidency to arrest the man.So am surprised with the claim by the presidents daughter that she never made any accusation concerning the cloning of her phone.Then also the counterclaim by the DSS that the man was arrested for using the phone line to defraud people, if he was doing that why did they not provide the evidence. It is sad that mtn also were not held liable. Because they out to have reconfigured the line since they recycled the line. They are also a critical party to the case in providing transcripts of conversations of the man using the line for fraud as allerged by the DSS. The case is a serious one as God was on his side if not he would have rot in jail for no justification other than he bought a controversial line. Thank God he had the receipt as he bought from an authorised telecoms dealer.that assisted him in putting up a defence what if he had misplaced the receipt or bought the line from a hawker as many of us.so many people are rooting in jail as they were victims of circumstances.God help us

Such a case and the subsequent cover-up, can ruin a Presidency in countries like America and the West.

I trust America and their independent Special Investigator in a case like this that is remotely linked to the Presidency.

Unlike this case were affidavits are being sworn by different parties that are contradicting each other, thereby indicating someone has already committed perjury in this matter. In the US, the chronology of events would have been established already.

By now, the DSS and the Presidency would have started pissing their pants, while everyone would have started snitching on everyone to find themselves a soft landing.

Eventually, what will incriminate anyone of status was not the initial matter being investigated, but the attempted cover-up to prevent a proper investigation.

In a twinkle of an eye, someone is resigning, someone is committing "suicide", someone is being impeached or resigning or announcing that they won't be contesting for a new upcoming term.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Throwback: 7:56pm On May 14, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

U are still trying to defend rubbish, even DSS could not prove that he did identity fraud but u just assume he did it.

Exactly what I said.

I am very open to any possibility in a case like this. Justice doesn't always mean innocence.

Sometimes the innocent get a wrong and bad judgement, just as the guilty also get favourable judgements too.

The victim is a victim in this case because he had rights that were not regarded by the DSS, who still could not prove anything.

1 Like

Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:03pm On May 14, 2020
Observer1:

Wake us up when he collect the cheque.
Ok no problem with that.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by melviniyke2002(m): 8:04pm On May 14, 2020
D court shd gv Dss time frame to pay d money or else face d wrath of d court...
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nairalandmonika: 8:05pm On May 14, 2020
Throwback:

Exactly what I said.

I am very open to any possibility in a case like this. Justice doesn't always mean innocence.

Sometimes the innocent get a wrong and bad judgement, just as the guilty also get favourable judgements too.

The victim is a victim in this case because he had rights that were not regarded by the DSS, who still could not prove anything.

What if the case had gone in favor of DSS, would u be saying the guilty also get favorable judgement.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:06pm On May 14, 2020
Mjpem23:

1 kobo DSS no go pay him
Ok no wahala
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by chachanga: 8:06pm On May 14, 2020
Opexzy:
One day something will happen and it bring hope to the people... Another day another thing will happen and it will leave all hopes in shades...

Good thing the young man got justice. Hope the DSS will pay up...

If they don't, his lawyer should simply sue them again or they get a bench warrant to summon one principal officer or another responsible for those activities, they'll seat up then.

At least, that team that handled his unlawful arrest, harassment and detention, that team has a leader.

Let the court issue a bench warrant through the Nigerian Police Force for the fellow, the office would start scrambling on how to pay.
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by DeNovo: 8:12pm On May 14, 2020
Racoon:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/sim-card-court-awards-n10m-against-dss-absolves-buharis-daughter/%3famp=1

To collect the money now na I'm be the koko. It will require pushing the proverbial camel through the needle!
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by mytime24(f): 8:14pm On May 14, 2020
10m is too small
Re: Anthony Okolie: Court Awards N10m Against DSS, Absolves Buhari’s Daughter by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 14, 2020
Nairalandmonika:

Stop asking foolish questions, if u don't use ur sim after six months the Telecom company can recycle and resell ur sim.

You are the foolish one here ekpa mogbo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Protest In Ibadan over Economic Hardship, food inflation & high cost of living / Bola Tinubu: I Won’t Retire From Politics Until I am President Of Nigeria / Ambode Receives APC Membership Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.