Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,771 members, 7,955,944 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:18 PM

What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court (657 Views)

Dr. Olufunmilayo Sues Bola Aseyan, Demands £10,000 For Damages / Boy Rapes 6-Year-Old Girl In Agege Lagos, Damages Her Private Part (Photos) / Lagos Building Collapse: Woman Commits Suicide After Losing Two Children (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by chipsypop(m): 5:56pm On May 14, 2020
I've come across many stories where the NPF, NA, NCS, DSS and many other government organizations have been asked by a law court to pay their victims for damages, for violating their Human Rights and other things that they are fond of.

If such an organization refuses to pay the victim, what should be the victim's next step.

Lalasticlala
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by Nobody: 6:04pm On May 14, 2020
Go back to court and request for ur outcome
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by wickyyolo: 6:05pm On May 14, 2020
chipsypop:
I've come across many stories where the NPF, NA, NCS, DSS and many other government organizations have been asked by a law court to pay their victims for damages, for violating their Human Rights and other things that they are fond of.

If such an organization refuses to pay the victim, what should be the victim's next step.

Lalasticlala

From my experience they usually pay if they don’t appeal.
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by MrBrownJay1(m): 6:20pm On May 14, 2020
sue them again for non payment na...
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by NwaNimo1(m): 6:48pm On May 14, 2020
Nothing.....
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by elpochas: 7:12pm On May 14, 2020
God bless you OP.I wanted to ask this question.pls we need contributions from people that know the law.
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by chynergy1(m): 7:37pm On May 14, 2020
nice question
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by FlordFlorez(m): 7:49pm On May 14, 2020
Mehn, i'm imagining myself to be Okolie. He is on the verge to collect 50m from DSS and 500m from Hanan buhari & MTN. I would become a billionnaire in naire within 5months.
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by chipsypop(m): 8:29pm On May 14, 2020
Pls those that have been in such situation should contribute.
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by segeting(m): 12:37am On May 16, 2020
Please more contribution from our NL lawyer and people that have such experience
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by feeloscar(m): 12:38pm On May 16, 2020
Ever heard of GARNISHEE ORDER?
Re: What Happens When An Organization Fails To Pay For Damages After Losing In Court by UnclePati: 3:21pm On May 16, 2020
Exactly.....
Garnishee order is issued Authorizing the bank to debit the organisation's account following the verdict of the court and credit same to the court account or to the other party to the case.

feeloscar:
Ever heard of GARNISHEE ORDER?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Real Reason Why Femi Stabbed His Wife To Death And Commited Suicide / See The Guy Who Kidnapped And Killed 5 Young Girls In Akinyele Ibadan Oyo State / Lekki Tollgate Killing: Revealed: Nigerian Soldiers Involved In Lekki Massacre T

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.