Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,893 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:56 AM

Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client (584 Views)

Computer Repair Services.. Windows Installation For Akure Peoples / clean Thin Client For Sale / Linux Or Windows ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client by hyelhira: 6:05pm On May 14, 2020
Hello People!

I bought this thin client about two weeks before the lockdown. The seller provided a .exe file and promised that it could work on Windows 10. I started trying to install about 4 weeks ago and I have tried all tricks in my books to no avail.

I will like to install this on a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. If you have a working .deb file and installation instructions, please let me know.

Thank you.

Re: Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client by clintz(m): 6:42pm On May 14, 2020
If I get you right, you want to install Ubuntu 18.04 on these thin client ?
Re: Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client by hyelhira: 7:10pm On May 14, 2020
clintz:
If I get you right, you want to install Ubuntu 18.04 on these thin client ?

If possible, yes. This means that I need to flash the thin client and use them as stand-alone systems.

But the usual way is that the thin clients work off a 'server'. In this case, I have a Dell Latitude E6340 that is to serve as the server - I can either install Windows 10 or Ubuntu 18.04 on it. So I need the driver to run the thin client run off the server.
Re: Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client by clintz(m): 8:44pm On May 14, 2020
I see you are aware of what a thin client is and that it has no hdd so you have to connect to a server network to use it. You’re going to probable use it as a terminal for your server. Have you searched online for the driver?
Re: Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client by hyelhira: 9:56pm On May 14, 2020
clintz:
I see you are aware of what a thin client is and that it has no hdd so you have to connect to a server network to use it. You’re going to probable use it as a terminal for your server. Have you searched online for the driver?

Yes, I have. The seller gave me a driver (.exe file) but it isn't working and installation instruction is non-existent. Wondering if I can contact a person who has the driver for Ubuntu here...
Re: Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client by clintz(m): 10:30am On May 15, 2020
What is the name of the manufacturer
Re: Linux Or Windows Installation Files And Instructions Required For Thin Client by hyelhira: 6:41pm On May 15, 2020
clintz:
What is the name of the manufacturer

Nettc

(1) (Reply)

SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! 2 Weeks Used Huawei Y9 Prime For Sale / Please Is There An App Lyk Playstore For Pc / Mint Lenovo Carbon For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.