Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,673 members, 7,827,470 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:27 PM

Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer (16092 Views)

Lagos Governor Flagbearer (Opinion) / UPP Rules-out Soludo As Flagbearer For Anambra Guber Poll / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Mobinga: 3:46pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nuhu Ribadu has been nominated by a voice vote at ACN primaries. The other candidates withdrew.

Ribadu v Jonathan v Buhari
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jan 14, 2011
so what was all the rumour peddling of 'ribadu dumped' that some misguided operation duplicity liars kept spamming the boards with ?
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by naso2(m): 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2011
very good. we can now talk of a political debate. GEJ ALL THE WAY
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Donmeca(m): 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2011
He's welcome but as far as it gets, he's still a political neophyte.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Nobody: 5:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
Donmeca:

He's welcome but as far as it gets, he's still a political neophyte.

tell that to mr inexperienced
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by luvinhubby(m): 5:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
The ACN convention looked childish and immature compared to PDP`s and apparently, ACN has no party internal democracy which rubbishes it`s claim of being progressive minded.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by seanet02: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2011
[s]
luvinhubby:

The ACN convention looked childish and immature compared to PDP`s and apparently, ACN has no party internal democracy which rubbishes it`s claim of being progressive minded.
[/s]
Stop spewing garbage here
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by luvinhubby(m): 5:51pm On Jan 14, 2011
seanet02:

[s][/s]
Stop spewing garbage here
And how is that garbage
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by violent(m): 5:52pm On Jan 14, 2011
luvinhubby:

And how is that garbage

and how is it not a garbage?. . .a garbage is simply what it is, a garbage!
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Gbawe: 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
luvinhubby:

Sorry if the ACN , by virtue of not being a party bloated with a large number of indolent misrulers regressing Nigeria ,  was not able to put on a grand affair costing billions (in inducement alone ) to impress you like the "biggest Party in Africa" did . Ribadu who does not have a penny to give anyone emerges unanimous choice of a Party , relatively small in comparison with the PDP, without any slander and threaths flying around amongst the candidates and you are here talking ? Not everything has to be "Owanbe" style. Sincere Leadership , not money-gulping events , is what Nigeria need .
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by luvinhubby(m): 5:57pm On Jan 14, 2011
And numbers is the name of the game in politics.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by luvinhubby(m): 5:59pm On Jan 14, 2011
Uncultured vituperations are signs defective upbringing, can someone second?
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Donmeca(m): 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
oyb:

I will but let me first tell u that structures matter in politics both for the politician and the political party. You cannot compare PDP and ACN in terms of party structures nationwide. . .PDP is by far more grassroot-oriented than ACN; has more national spread and membership than ACN and GEJ has been in politics longer than Nuhu coupled with the fact that both GEJ and PDP are the incumbent.

Ribadu is known by elites, how many of them will com and work for him, register, vote and stay behind to guard their votes - fighting when d need arises? GEJ and PDP have foot soldiers that can go the extra mile.

How many people picked interest in the ACN primaries but  I can tell u the old and young in most cities and villages in naija stayed glued to their TV sets, keeping vigil cos of PDP primaries. . .even ACN members  grin. That's acknowledgment. The name ACN is not known by folks in some states but mention PDP anywhere and a 3 year old kid wud chorus POWER! People may not like d party but they know it exists and formidably too. That may explain y they went for GEJ; to silence those preaching generational CHANGE.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Gbawe: 6:05pm On Jan 14, 2011
luvinhubby:

And numbers is the name of the game in politics.

Are the crooks at the PDP who gathered , yesterday , to choose between GEJ and Atiku more in number than the Nigerian people of which 70% ( as a representative ratio) in a poll rejected the PDP because of how it is a Party that cannot take Nigeria forward? Game of number my foot !!! As if the many rescinded elections the PDP rigged is not proof that rigging replaces number for the "biggest pilferers party in Africa " .
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Sagamite(m): 6:16pm On Jan 14, 2011
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by fstranger1: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
Sagamite:

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usfiAsWR4qU[/flash]

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-12195509

Nothing good comes from morons!

WTF?
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Becomrichn: 6:21pm On Jan 14, 2011
Nuhu Ribadu is not strong enough to win. they are all playing games.
what it mean is PDP would win. that what they are using Nuhu Ribadu for. how many northern politician would support Nuhu Ribadu, PDP knows that.  

the moment northern politician hear nuhu ribadu they would run away from ACN.  That is PDP plan.  And the ACN fall mugu to PDP plan.  

Even look at this, how would Nuhu win. Is nuhu going to win Yorubaland. No.  So what have ACN  got from this.?? I am confused.??

Can they learn from the lesson of Atiku 2007

Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Akhenaten: 6:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ribadu is definitely not strong enough to tackle PDP.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by fstranger1: 6:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
Akhenaten:

I bet he is strong enough to tackle you in the bedroom!No?
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by jason123: 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
luvinhubby:

Who is this slowpoke for God sake . Obviously, the PDP convention would look "mature" since THE CANDIDATES ARE EITHER THE EX- VICE PRESIDENT OR THE CURRENT PRESIDENT undecided. Bros, you do not know what you are saying. Infact I have a question for you:
HOW DID GJ HAVE 10 MILLION NAIRA TO PAY PDP TO CONTEST THE PRIMARIES?  . .  food for thought!
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Sagamite(m): 6:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
violent:

and how is it not a garbage?. . .a garbage is simply what it is, a garbage!

grin grin grin grin grin

Thank you.

He is someone that wants to be relevant by picking holes at all cost.

GARBAGE!

fstranger1:

Nothing good comes  from morons!

WTF?

Obviously.

Hence nothing good has come from a reetard like you.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Akhenaten: 6:33pm On Jan 14, 2011
fstranger1:

Was this even warranted? You sound like such an uncouth bush animal. Maybe due to your upbringing.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by idiopathic: 6:34pm On Jan 14, 2011
Those asking for experience are in my opinion very naive. You cannot gather experience in naija politics without being tainted and becoming a member of the establishment.
Take for example, if Ribadu has been a senator he would have accepted their illegal 'jumbo pay', which would compromise his stance on corruption and other unfair dealings at the legislature.
Tell me what we benfitted from OBJ, IBB, ANENIH, AKALA, ODILI, experience. All we need is someone who is courageous, patriotic and has a sense of fairness which Mallam Ribadu posssesses.

In my entire adult life, RIBADU remains the only guy who has made the most impact on corruption, which we universally agree is the bane of niger's problems. In a normal society, we should not even be having this debate as RIBADU would have dwarfed Jonathan. Nigeria is a country that has lost it's moral compass, which would make RIBADU's task an uphill one.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Sagamite(m): 6:35pm On Jan 14, 2011
fstranger1:

Reetard. I thought I told you to keep you homosexual fantansies to yourself?
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Donmeca(m): 6:36pm On Jan 14, 2011
Akhenaten:

Pls tell Gbawe and Oyb so they can fine tune their game plan. . .make the guy no go fall hand like his brother. GEJ seems determined to send all Adamawa politicians to an early political siberia.  grin grin
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by jason123: 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2011
@ Gbawe

I think Buhari would do. Ribadu is not yet politically mature to be the president! UP ACN!!!! cool
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Kobojunkie: 6:37pm On Jan 14, 2011
oyb:

Well, at least Mr Inexperienced currently HOLDS THE SEAT, and from last night's experience, knows how to play the game some to keep the hold on longer!! Ribadu is a complete neophyte here, and there seems no way he can counter the PDP political engine as it. Tinubu cannot pull that magic off, no matter the BULLYING tactics he comes up with!!! lol
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Sagamite(m): 6:39pm On Jan 14, 2011
jason123:

@ Gbawe

I think Buhari would do. Ribadu is not yet politically mature to be the president! UP ACN!!!! cool

Ribadu is smart enough to be president. Buhari can kiss dust!
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by ekubear1: 6:43pm On Jan 14, 2011
Yeah, the ACN/CPC alliance would have been strong enough to give the PDP a run for their money. But Ribadu and Buhari separately will lose, and lose massively to GEJ.

Probably for the best though. ACN looks to be just as crooked as the PDP, in certain ways. Maybe a relative outsider like GEJ will be able to change things for the better.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Sagamite(m): 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
All in all, they are all not bad candidates. The only negatives I have are:

Buhari - I can never trust or approve of a man that blatantly told Northerners not to vote for a Xtian.

Jonathan - Dull and uninspiring in every situation I have seen him. Does not come across as sharp or strong minded.

Ribadu - I have no negative against him. He is a smart, inspiring, dedicated, passionate, uncompromising and progressive perseverer.
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by ekubear1: 6:44pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ribadu, smart? What evidence is there for this?
Re: Ribadu Is Acn Flagbearer by Kobojunkie: 6:45pm On Jan 14, 2011
^^ roflmao!! grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Al-mustapha Statement On Abacha"s Death In His Prison Notes / Breaking: Lagos Deputy Gov-elect Hamzat Loses Dad / NIMC Disowns Fake Twitter Account

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.