Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,771 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:03 PM

- - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / - (2283 Views)

The Infographic Map Of Kano Emirates, Emir Sanusi Got Smallest Land Mass / Akwa Ibom, Rivers Top States With High Unemployment Rate In 2018 3rd Quarter–nbs / Onitsha Should Be Carved Out Of Anambra State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

- by Nobody: 9:17pm On May 14, 2020
-

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: - by helinues: 9:21pm On May 14, 2020
shocked

1 Like

Re: - by adontcare(f): 9:22pm On May 14, 2020
grin
Re: - by ThatFairGuy: 9:32pm On May 14, 2020
Imagine how State map wan be

1 Like

Re: - by AiteeAitee: 9:34pm On May 14, 2020
New state?
That means we will now have an extra spot for another corrupt governor to loot funds and trample on the masses?

6 Likes

Re: - by Igboid: 9:35pm On May 14, 2020
This would almost landlock old Akwa Ibom and deprive her of up to 95percent of her current offshore oil derivation.
Hmm!
Is this same as the proposed Oil Rivers state. I didn't think Oro nation were part of the proposed Oil Rivers state.
Oil Rivers state was supposed to involve amalgamation of all non Igboid part of current Rivers state and Ibeno/Eastern Obolo.

OP, your source is dodgy.

3 Likes

Re: - by slimfit1(m): 9:51pm On May 14, 2020
Ridiculous when states are supposed to be merging.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by Nobody: 10:02pm On May 14, 2020
This plan fit cause war o grin grin grin
Re: - by Asuito7(m): 10:06pm On May 14, 2020
Who will carve it out?
Who are the people in support of this?
And why Akwa Ibom whereas you have big states like Niger and Cross River?
Re: - by qwertyboss(m): 10:08pm On May 14, 2020
AiteeAitee:
New state?
That means we will now have an extra spot for another corrupt governor to loot funds and trample on the masses?
No, more state to decentralize power
Re: - by AiteeAitee: 10:16pm On May 14, 2020
qwertyboss:

No, more state to decentralize power

Sir, decentralization is a good thing but we musn't forget that this is Nigeria. Our politicians will only see it as another way to enrich themselves.

A new cabinet will be formed. New buildings and cars for the owners of the new offices. New budget. All these will cost a fortune.

1 Like

Re: - by AiteeAitee: 10:35pm On May 14, 2020
New state?
Re: - by horsepower102: 10:57pm On May 14, 2020
Igboid:
This would almost landlock old Akwa Ibom and deprive her of up to 95percent of her current offshore oil derivation.
Hmm!
Is this same as the proposed Oil Rivers state. I didn't think Oro nation were part of the proposed Oil Rivers state.
Oil Rivers state was supposed to involve amalgamation of all non Igboid part of current Rivers state and Ibeno/Eastern Obolo.

OP, your source is dodgy.

Oil rivers state was proposed specifically for rivers state.

From what I can deduce from the picture above, this one is called Atlantic state. I need to do more research on this.
Re: - by FlordFlorez(m): 11:12pm On May 14, 2020
Is this credible?
Re: - by Nobody: 11:14pm On May 14, 2020
I like the name "Atlantic State "
Re: - by Igboid: 11:15pm On May 14, 2020
horsepower102:

From what I can deduce from the picture above, this one is called Atlantic state. I need to do more research on this.

No. Oil Rivers included Ibeno and Eastern Obolo. It didn't have Oro LGAs.
Re: - by bennyxt: 11:16pm On May 14, 2020
Afonjas at it again...dividing easterners!

Re: - by Nobody: 11:19pm On May 14, 2020
horsepower102:

change of plans i guess . Ogoni did not agree to be part of oil rivers state ,they want their own independence.
Re: - by Dedetwo(m): 11:39pm On May 14, 2020
ThatFairGuy:
Imagine how State map wan be

Very empty!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: - by yuswrld20(m): 12:55am On May 15, 2020
i tire 4 nigerians ooo
Re: - by orble: 12:57am On May 15, 2020
This MAN IS VERY VERY MAD. He's a foolish andoni man...
Create ur state leave akwa ibom out of it.
Re: - by ThatFairGuy: 4:31am On May 15, 2020
bennyxt:
Afonja again. Afonja matter no go kill you o cheesy
Re: - by Mobi47(m): 1:57pm On May 15, 2020
this must not be allowed. they want to disintegrate the Eastern region More, they know what they are doing. this is totally not necessary.
Re: - by Nobody: 8:24pm On May 15, 2020
-
Re: - by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 17, 2020
horsepower102:

Igboid:

No. Oil Rivers included Ibeno and Eastern Obolo. It didn't have Oro LGAs.

I think Ogoni want their own state and did not want to be part of oil rivers state . meanwhile I think Oron and Ibeno won't mind getting out of Akwa ibom where they are marginalized to pitch tent with the other minority groups from rivers state .
Re: - by dyfaze: 10:15pm On May 17, 2020
bennyxt:

No be only Atlantic state, Na Atlantic Country grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Food Shortage, Poverty In Yoruba Land, Our Worry – Osibogun, Yoruba Ko / Falana Is Your Lawyer, Invite Falz His Son For Protest Instead Of Burna Boy / Video. DJ Switch At The Hospital. She Said Nothing About Dead People.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.