Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,454 members, 7,826,740 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 07:26 PM

Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? - Culture (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? (75962 Views)

Abiama: An Aro Innovation Or An Ancient Pre-Aro Igbo Name for God? / BongoMusic.NG ( Download any Igbo Music) on bongomusic.ng / Who Knows Any Yoruba Name That Starts With ''Q''? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by FlordFlorez(m): 5:28am On May 16, 2020
OlawaleBammie:

Yoruba dont have C in her alphabets oga
just as Igbo doesn't have P in her alphabets.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by sirjomore(m): 6:03am On May 16, 2020
Paulinus, check Google or dictionary for the meaning
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by obisunny1(m): 6:12am On May 16, 2020
Puta
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Binismaeel: 6:15am On May 16, 2020
Loris576:
Who knows any igbo name that starts with Letter 'P' and the meaning
I need am
Pls lets move this to the front page
Pacoro
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by LordHiffy(m): 7:19am On May 16, 2020
Papa Nkechi
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by anambraamaka: 7:52am On May 16, 2020
Paulinuis
Pohlo
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by francisduru: 8:21am On May 16, 2020
Peterokwute
Pikotanu
Papanukwu
Puonaesomchi
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Sugar019: 8:48am On May 16, 2020
Pussychuku

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by kene005yahooc(m): 9:05am On May 16, 2020
Puruiche -different
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by spotty232(m): 9:25am On May 16, 2020
in the Igbo alphabet there is no "p" what we have is "kp" so you can't see a name with "p"
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Johnrayban: 9:39am On May 16, 2020
[color=#006600][/color] cheesy pahose
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Eaglesence: 9:41am On May 16, 2020
Paul Wan mama grin
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by addicted268(f): 9:52am On May 16, 2020
Yuneehk:

LOL! I like this one. No be small pia gbo. Doesn't seem like it's someone's name, though. You're just messing around.

Ya,I'm just messing around grin

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Sunky200: 9:55am On May 16, 2020
MahatmaGhandi:
You can as well tell me a Yoruba name that starts with z and one hausa name that starts with V

Yorùbá don't have C, Q and Z in its alphabet
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Trez007(m): 10:09am On May 16, 2020
Plomise grin grin
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Benbelor(m): 10:35am On May 16, 2020
[s]
atiku4President:

You are a liar. What of Perikoma
[/s]

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by normaman(m): 10:48am On May 16, 2020
Puruiche.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Lydiahandmade(f): 11:06am On May 16, 2020
Parachimelu
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by rafcrown(m): 11:26am On May 16, 2020
Pelebe ori.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by zela(m): 12:37pm On May 16, 2020
I don't if its still relevant... But I have a student whose name is Pulife here in Enugu.
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Fedxwan(m): 2:06pm On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Non. What about Yoruba's name that starts with C?

"C" is not in the yourba alphabets so you won't get any smiley
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by darleenje: 3:46pm On May 16, 2020
atiku4President:

You are a liar. What of Perikoma

What's the meaning?
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by darleenje: 3:52pm On May 16, 2020
zela:
I don't if its still relevant... But I have a student whose name is Pulife here in Enugu.

tongue
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by goriade: 4:11pm On May 16, 2020
Paulinus
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Merrykid: 4:33pm On May 16, 2020
Pawpaw.
Panda
Pangolo
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Octopusssy(f): 8:11pm On May 16, 2020
Acuna91:

Exactly there is no alphabet p in Igbo language, what we have is kp for p. Also kw for w.

Kwikwi
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Kfed4ril(m): 8:22pm On May 16, 2020
femi4:
We don't have "C" in yoruba. We use "S" or "K" for its sound

There’s also no Z in Yoruba
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by AreaFada2: 8:37pm On May 16, 2020
FlordFlorez:
Non. What about Yoruba's name that starts with C?

There is o. Maybe not core Yoruba but a sub-dialect. Alaichani/Alaisani (Chani), Echemilukan/Esemilukan (Chemi). Both versions are acceptable. An old sub-dialect many may not understand now but I know very elderly people, over 90 years bearing these names.

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by elchapoo: 11:08pm On May 16, 2020
Panyechukwukwuekene.
Panyechukwu
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by GreenCap: 1:14pm On May 17, 2020
Loris576:
Who knows any igbo name that starts with Letter 'P' and the meaning
I need am
Pls lets move this to the front page

Para_ure (M) means Take pride

UreChi (F) is God's Pride
Urenna (F) is Father's pride

Biaraure (F) means Came in pride, or
Nwabiaraure (F) meaning a Child (she) born with pride

Paraure is a rare Surname in Igbo land. You hardly find it as a first_name.

God bless your concept. Amazing!

UNESCO predicts that Igbo Language maybe extinct in *the year of jubilee* if nothing is done about it?
*50 years time

I see someone doing something. That's great

1 Like

Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Loris576(m): 3:44pm On May 17, 2020
GreenCap:

Para_ure (M) means Take pride

UreChi (F) is God's Pride
Urenna (F) is Father's pride

Biaraure (F) means Came in pride, or
Nwabiaraure (F) meaning a Child (she) born with pride

Paraure is a rare Surname in Igbo land. You hardly find it as a first_name.

God bless your concept. Amazing!

UNESCO predicts that Igbo Language maybe extinct in *the year of jubilee* if nothing is done about it?
*50 years time

I see someone doing something. That's great
Ok sir
But i am not actually an igbo sha
Re: Who Knows Any Igbo Name That Starts With Letter P? by Nobody: 4:12pm On May 17, 2020
All the people saying there is no p in igbo alphabets should go back to school especially igbos among them.
The rest are forgiven.

We have P then KP.
E.g. P, pùo na ùzò, pata nrì.
KP, kpòta ya na ebe a.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Emmanuella Ropo "I Am Not Ooni Ogunwusi's New Wife" / Princess Inikpi Buried Alive, Sacrificed For Survival Of The Igala Nation. Video / Ezelekhae Ewuare: The Crown Prince Of Benin Kingdom Unveiled In Edo (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.