Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,574 members, 7,823,495 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:53 AM

Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee (1277 Views)

Abusive Appointments At Federal Character Commission - Vanguard Editorial / James Kolo Is Dead! Kwara Federal Character Commission Nominee Dies / Lagos, Federal Govt Sign Agreement To End Waterways Dispute (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by nairavsdollars(f): 7:51am On May 15, 2020
* I'm Alive, Not Dead, Nominee Cries Out

The presidency on Wednesday said it would investigate the circumstances that led to the removal of Alhaji Bolaji Miftah Are, a commis­sioner-nominee from Lagos State in the board of the Fed­eral Character Commission (FCC).

The development, our cor­respondent gathered, was al­ready causing ripples in the presidency as it appears that President Muhammadu Bu­hari was misled in taking the decision.

Are, whose name was among 37 FCC nominees published by the presidency on April 28, was replaced by Wasiu Kayode Bawallah.

In the original list released by the presidency and sighted by our correspondent, Are’s name was number 25 on the list.

Findings by our corre­spondent showed that Are was nominated for the po­sition by former governor of Lagos State, Akinwunmi Ambode.

However, some leaders of the party in Lagos, who still has political scores to settle with Ambode due to the fall-out of the 2019 governorship election, allegedly presented false documents to presiden­cy officials, claiming that the nominee was dead.

A civil society organisa­tion, Justice for Progress and Development (JPD), had Thursday petitioned Presi­dent Muhammadu Buhari and Senate President, Ahmad Lawan, over a fraud allegedly perpetrated by some leaders of the All Progressives Con­gress (APC) in Lagos in the list sent by the president to the Senate for confirmation.

In the petition dated Thursday, May 14, spokes­person of the group, Chief Martin Oru-Benson, said while President Buhari an­nounced the name of Are Miftah Bolaji as the commis­sioner for Lagos State under the Federal Character Com­mission, some chieftains of the APC in Lagos went through the backdoor and replaced his name with Wa­siu Kayode.

According to the group, the APC leaders, led by a former Minister of State for Defence, took advantage of the uproar that trailed the nomination of late Tobias Chukwuemeka, a deceased nominee from Ebonyi State, to claim that Are was also dead.

“Based on the false infor­mation provided, President Buhari erroneously append­ed his signature and has al­ready written to the Senate seeking confirmation of four new nominees to replace the four earlier appointed from their respective states – in­cluding Wasiu Kayode,” the group said.

According to the group, “As a staunch APC member and loyal supporter of Pres­ident Muhammadu Buhari, who vigorously worked for his emergence as president both in 2015 and 2019, the only offence committed by Are, according to these leaders, was not because of incompetence but due to the fact that he was nominated for the position by former Lagos State governor, Akin­wunmi Ambode.”

While calling on the presi­dency and the Senate to thor­oughly investigate the matter and ensure justice was done, the group said: “What these APC leaders did was to ob­tain the signature of Mr. President fraudulently that the original nominee, Miftah Bolaji Are, is dead. The man is not dead, he is still much alive.

“The question we are asking now is, why was he replaced? Is it that he is not qualified? Is it that he is not from Lagos, or he was not properly nominated?

“Those are the three ques­tions we are asking Mr. Pres­ident and the Senate Presi­dent to investigate.”

Speaking with our cor­respondent, Are debunked the report that he was dead, saying it was still surprising to him why his name was re­moved.

“I am alive, not dead. I am still puzzled as to why my name was removed on the list. I was just told that my name has been removed and that they will get back to me.

“I thought it was a joke but on getting to Abuja, I re­alised that the information was true.

“I called the coordinator, the liaison officer between the presidency and the Sen­ate and he told me that there is an issue and he will get back to me.

“Till now, he has not gotten back to me. The next I heard was that another name was read as the nominee from Lagos,” he said.

When contacted, a senior presidency official, who spoke on condition of ano­nymity, said while a petition was yet to be received, the matter would be investigated and those involved would be brought to justice.

“We haven’t received any petition. I can confirm the name of the first nominee on the list, but I can’t say why he was replaced. The matter will be inves­tigated and if the allegation is true, the perpetrators will be brought to book,” he said.
https://www.independent.ng/presidency-probes-death-of-lagos-fed-character-commission-nominee/

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by BranddesignerH: 7:53am On May 15, 2020
Misplaced priority
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by GamalNasser: 7:56am On May 15, 2020
That man in bourdillon is dangerous

1 Like

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Tissaia(f): 7:57am On May 15, 2020
Developers and fake news

1 Like

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Racoon(m): 8:04am On May 15, 2020
The development, our cor­respondent gathered, was al­ready causing ripples in the presidency as it appears that President Muhammadu Bu­hari was misled in taking the decision.
He appoints incompetent & dead people into positions they make blame for him.Now the presidency is making another blame covering game for a clueless president.Pls stop abusing the sensitivity of Nigerians. angry

cc: Sarrki, Seunmsg, ,
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Racoon(m): 8:08am On May 15, 2020
[s]
Tissaia:
Developers and fake news
[/s]

1 Like

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by bolaayenimo: 8:10am On May 15, 2020
How far with your COVID-19 test

Tissaia:
Developers and fake news

1 Like

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by PositiveDirect: 8:15am On May 15, 2020
sad
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Gaddafiyusf(m): 8:55am On May 15, 2020
Politics is really a dirty game. Betrayal reigns supreme
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by vedaxcool(m): 9:04am On May 15, 2020
[s]
Racoon:
He appoints incompetent & dead people into positions they make blame for him.Now the presidency is making another blame covering game for a clueless president.Pls stop abusing the sensitivity of Nigerians. angry

[/s]

No one really care of the sensivitities of hateful PDP bigots who see competence as how much you can loot and share, bankrupt the country while having high oil prices.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by bolaayenimo: 9:13am On May 15, 2020
So surprising our politicians don't learn with the COVID-19 stuff. Where is Abba Kyari today?

Gaddafiyusf:
Politics is really a dirty game. Betrayal reigns supreme
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Eriggs: 2:00pm On May 15, 2020
[s]
Racoon:

[/s]
Trash from a Wailer . loser

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Eriggs: 2:00pm On May 15, 2020
Racoon:
trash from a wailer. loser

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by WeneDiali: 2:02pm On May 15, 2020
Tinubu forged that death certificate.

He should be arrested immediately nothing will happen.
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Racoon(m): 2:16pm On May 15, 2020
Eriggs:
trash from a wailer. loser

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by Eriggs: 4:11pm On May 15, 2020
pained loser of 2 different occasions.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by bolaayenimo: 5:15pm On May 15, 2020
Who can arrest a national leader of a ruling party Its like saying arrest the president

WeneDiali:
Tinubu forged that death certificate.

He should be arrested immediately nothing will happen.
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by nairavsdollars(f): 6:41am On May 19, 2020
Keep deceiving yourself

bolaayenimo:
Who can arrest a national leader of a ruling party Its like saying arrest the president

Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by helinues: 6:48am On May 19, 2020
See how idle the presidency are..

What's their business with this now?
Re: Presidency Probes ‘Death’ Of Lagos Federal Character Commission Nominee by helinues: 6:49am On May 19, 2020
Racoon:

cc: Sar.rki, Seun.msg, Manna.bbqgrills,

Wail on as wailing is now a profession

(1) (Reply)

Afenifere Rubbishes UNPO, Says It Can't Give Any Nation Independence / Akwa Ibom Isolation Centre: Beyond What Was Promised / Nigeria: It's Turn Of Igbo Presidency In 2023, Says Yakasai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.