Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,218 members, 7,822,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:42 AM

Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address (34440 Views)

“Supreme Court Order” Versus “Presidential Address”: Which One Supersedes? / Adesina: Obasanjo Contributed To Nigeria’s Crisis, Should Mind His Utterances / Tinubu Finally Reacts To Suspension Of Onnoghen, Reveals What Obasanjo Would Hav (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by mukhaila: 5:18pm On May 15, 2020
Omooba77:
The Special Adviser to the President on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, has faulted those demanding that the President, Maj.Gen Muhammadu Buhari (retd.), addresses Nigerians on the COVID-19 pandemic.

Adesina said this in an article titled, ‘If you can’t take blows brother, don’t throw blows’, which was posted on his Facebook page.

He said if it were former President Olusegun Obasanjo that was still in power, he would have insulted those calling on him to address them.

Adesina was reacting to the criticisms he received from a large section of Nigerians over his outing during a programme on 95.1 Nigeria Info FM Abuja.

Many Nigerians slammed Adesina for saying the fact that they voted for Buhari didn’t give them the right to order him around.

Source: https://www.femiadesina.com/if-you-cant-take-blows-brother-dont-throw-blows/

Apparently, Adesina needs to see a psychiatrist. He seems to be losing his marbles.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by bkool7(m): 5:24pm On May 15, 2020
festacman:
1. Femi Adesina's mention of Obasanjo's name is unnecessary, unprofessional and likely to generate avoidable controversy.

2. The truth is GIFT OF THE GAB is not Pres. Buhari's forte. It is only a big fool who would open up his flanks for unnecessary attacks by displaying his weaknesses rather then amplifying his strengths. That's the simple reason why Paul of defunct Psquare group would dance less and sing more in their heyday.

3. Having sworn to uphold the constitution of Federal Republic of Nigeria, there is no where it is specified in the constitution the mode through the president should communicate to Nigerians. It is left to the president to decide. So Pres. Buhari has committed no constitutional breach by adopting address rather than interactive chat.

4. If eloquence during presidential chats is a key criteria for excellent leadership, then the past leaders wouldn't have left Nigeria as degenerated and violated inspite of our oil-rich status.

5. Most young Nigerians are too emotional and often do shadow-chasing, overlooking the substance. Suave and smooth talking leaders excite us and they smartly use our feel-good state to ride on us as they smile to foreign banks.

I don't think Trump is as eloquent as Obama but he still speaks and interacts with Americans more often. Admitted he makes lots of blunders and enemies by doing so but NOBODY can accuse him of not speaking and interacting with the people that gave him the job.
Buhari doesn't have much to talk about because doing so will expose the emptiness and lies of his govt.
For example, they said we won't pay electricity bill for April but we got the bill's. If he's asked such question, what do you want him to say?

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by slowice(m): 5:30pm On May 15, 2020
Is this cow in anyway comparing Obj to the dullard of aso rock? Really?

They ve all gone nuts

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by creepsyme(f): 5:33pm On May 15, 2020
The arrogance of our leaders towards the masses is unprecedented, they control the masses like robbot, when questions are thrown to them on vague issues all they do is throw tantrums, i wonder when our leaders will become accountable to the masses.
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by AdaOgwashi: 6:05pm On May 15, 2020
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Ostrogoth(m): 6:05pm On May 15, 2020
wax101:
It's obvious that Femi Adesina has lost his senses. So Apc has now started shifting their blame games from GEJ to OBJ.
OBJ is not a saint but trust me, he is 1000% better than that lifeless illiterate vegetable we have in Aso-Rock in terms of leadership.
THE FACT THAT FEMI IS NOW ATTACKING OBJ HIS ELDER & KINSMAN INORDER TO DEFEND HIS FULANI PAYMASTERS IS THE HIGHEST OF HIS MADNESS.
Kinsman radarada WO? Shey they curse you Igbo people with this kinsman nonsense you like shouting up and down as if you don't kill each other for land and even money? We don't do kinsmen here, we are all mutually exclusive of everyone except our immediate family members. If someone messes up according to our PERSONAL point of view, we clear them straight, all this kinsman nonsense is inexistent to us in yorubaland.
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by SirBunky85(m): 6:22pm On May 15, 2020
wax101:
It's obvious that Femi Adesina has lost his senses. So Apc has now started shifting their blame games from GEJ to OBJ.
OBJ is not a saint but trust me, he is 1000% better than that lifeless illiterate vegetable we have in Aso-Rock in terms of leadership.
THE FACT THAT FEMI IS NOW ATTACKING OBJ HIS ELDER & KINSMAN INORDER TO DEFEND HIS FULANI PAYMASTERS IS THE HIGHEST OF HIS MADNESS.
what was objs legacies from 1999-2007 other dan his "Do or Die"politics?

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by SirBunky85(m): 6:24pm On May 15, 2020
Omooba77:
Mr. Femi Adesina forgets the future and he keep on insulting everybody. Time as they say is a good judge
most of u are just hypocrites,you keep insulting pmb and expect his spokesman to fold his arms abi?even your saviour-Donald Trump always insults anyone who attacks him

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by SirBunky85(m): 6:26pm On May 15, 2020
Neef2018:
The femi adeshina I knew at Lagos Business School isn't this reckless with words. I hope you remember that there was once a man called Doyin Okupe, Reno Omokri and Reuben Abati...they are today in the dustbin of Nigeria political history. There is life after political appointment oh!
dustbin of history yet they are all living and enjoying better lives dan u and ur ilks
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by SirBunky85(m): 6:28pm On May 15, 2020
Omooba77:

OBJ started almost all these that has become our reference point.
He started the media chat, grant interviews at any time or place.
GEJ was not found wanting in this aspect, but our Over Pious one has NOTHING to offer
everyone has his own style of leadership.you can't force one to adopt other peoples approach just to suit u hypocrites
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by SirBunky85(m): 6:31pm On May 15, 2020
Gandollar:
This Femi continues to insult his elders even unprovoked. He's lucky Obj don't have time for minions like him.

The so called omoluabis lol..
just see this hypocrite,can u count how many times u and ur fellow hypocrites insulted pmb?u derive joy insulting pmb but quick to frown at adesinas jab

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by kenny160: 6:35pm On May 15, 2020
sLentlover7778:
So we are suppose to give Buhari some accolades just because he address us after much persuasion..

I thought Buhari led government are done with blaming games..

grin grin grin
attention diverted successfully also the blame game no dey pay again
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by ofwest47(m): 6:38pm On May 15, 2020
Let them continue with their hate speeches the more they hate the more the more Buhari deliver
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Enyimbamercedes: 6:40pm On May 15, 2020
Old man struggling to protect his daily bread!

This man is a disgrace to his family; writing a column where he basically heaps praise on himself!!

Eye service! We know he is crapping his pants trying to impress the new COS and hoping he won’t remember the article he wrote about him.
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Murketeer: 6:43pm On May 15, 2020
sLentlover7778:
So we are suppose to give Buhari some accolades just because he address us after much persuasion..

I thought Buhari led government are done with blaming games..

grin grin grin
Lol ...they skipped Jonathan to OBJ this time

2 Likes

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by YaxxVille(m): 6:44pm On May 15, 2020
Well fellow Nigerians the ball is in our court, As he rightly said "another election is due in 2023. you better use your head or something more worse will befall us.
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by sLentlover7778(m): 6:46pm On May 15, 2020
Hope they won't blame Nnamdi Azikiwe.

grin grin grin

Murketeer:

Lol ...they skipped Jonathan to OBJ this time

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 6:53pm On May 15, 2020
Beautiful write up!!

Bro Femi I love this!.

The headline is mischievous but it was an enjoyable read. He raised alot of salient points.

I Love PMB
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 6:54pm On May 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:
Old man struggling to protect his daily bread!

This man is a disgrace to his family; writing a column where he basically heaps praise on himself!!

Eye service! We know he is crapping his pants trying to impress the new COS and hoping he won’t remember the article he wrote about him.
When you become a presidential spokesperson call your principal a mad man.
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 6:57pm On May 15, 2020
SIRTee15:

Come it off and be real....
Buhari has no leadership or management strength that qualifies him to be the president of a heterogeneous nation like nigeria....
His narrow mindedness, nepotism, cronyism, rigidity, disdain for rule of law n below par intelligence has resulted in a deeply divided Nigeria fractured along ethnic lines....
Nigerian had never been this tribal conscious since the civil war....
Thanks to buhari.....
If Femi Adeshina abuse you now u will start crying...
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 7:00pm On May 15, 2020
Nigeriabiafra80:
During obasanjo death rumors
He came out and said
“I dey kampe”
That was live
He wasn’t media shy
Adesina is a renown confusionist
Obasanjo threw insults n jibes too. Unless you are too young to remember
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Gandollar(f): 7:00pm On May 15, 2020
Goldenheart:
Buhari is a shy introvert who doesn't like crowds wink
Lies! Your presidiot is dense upstairs.
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 7:02pm On May 15, 2020
ideabuilder:
It's true. During Obasanjo time, he doesn't need any spokesperson. He personally and savagely replied anybody that insulted him.

The reply he gave Eldris Remedy Jagajaga was Epic.

"How can someone say that his country is jagajaga? Na your father be jagajaga! Na your mother be jagajaga!"

Hahahahaha!...OBJ!

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 7:03pm On May 15, 2020
nnamdibig:
There would be no need because he was addressing Nigerians and was having media chats so there would no need to demand that he should talk to Nigerians.
You are too young to understand
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Enyimbamercedes: 7:03pm On May 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

When you become a presidential spokesperson call your principal a mad man.

If he is mad, I’d call him mad! If he is senile, I’d call him senile. If he is incompetent, I’d call him incompetent!!

Simple
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by ernieboy(m): 7:07pm On May 15, 2020
SirBunky85:
what was objs legacies from 1999-2007 other dan his "Do or Die"politics?
the revolution in the Telecom sector that has given u the opportunity to type this trash is one of obj's legacies, how about the debt cancellation? that is another legacy, need I say more? what is the legacy of buhari after about 5 years of being in aso rock?
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 7:07pm On May 15, 2020
Stillthebest:
kiss

I don't like insulting leaders but don't know what to do with these incompetent backward unceremonious people especially this Femi.

His mouth stinks and his word's stench can cause uproar in a market place like Oyigbo market.

Has he seen anyone to remind him how efficient , up-to-date, brash in all aspects and how prompt Obj was?

Obj would even not wait for people to talk before he would address us.

He is that pragmatic. The man even loved be heard always. He loved the press alot.

Did Femi remember that Obj started the town Hall monthly meetings where major stations of the TVs and Radios would transmit it live, where all the the FEC especially the ministers and sometimes Govs would meet and give us updates on the goings. He would fondly call them by their portfolios. E.g Agric.

Some state govs like Olagunsoye Oyinlola, Fayose In the South even borrowed same lieqves in their respective states.

Femi has no more wisdom required of a leader left in him. He is blinded and tired. Suffering from work's pressure hallucinations!

If Femi insult you back now u will start crying.
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Okoroawusa: 7:08pm On May 15, 2020
Enyimbamercedes:

If he is mad, I’d call him mad! If he is senile, I’d call him senile. If he is incompetent, I’d call him incompetent!!

Simple
Hahahahaha!

I know you are joking
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Goldenheart(m): 7:08pm On May 15, 2020
Gandollar:
Lies! Your presidiot is dense upstairs.

He needs us now more than ever, Let's pray for him grin

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by wax101: 7:14pm On May 15, 2020
Ostrogoth:

Kinsman radarada WO? Shey they curse you Igbo people with this kinsman nonsense you like shouting up and down as if you don't kill each other for land and even money? We don't do kinsmen here, we are all mutually exclusive of everyone except our immediate family members. If someone messes up according to our PERSONAL point of view, we clear them straight, all this kinsman nonsense is inexistent to us in yorubaland.

U don't need to explain much. I already know that kinsman nonsense is nonexistent in Yoruba land. That is why you always betray & sell yourselves to your enemies to slaughter. A common Yoruba trait & more common amongst Yoruba Muslims. Afonja comes to my mind.

1 Like

Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by Stillthebest: 7:22pm On May 15, 2020
Okoroawusa:

If Femi insult you back now u will start crying.

Same way your father cried when he discovered you he just had a mumu as a son!
Re: Femi Adesina: Obasanjo Would Have Insulted Those Demanding Presidential Address by tete7000(m): 7:32pm On May 15, 2020
Na small small madness dey start. This one is already running mad

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Group Calls For Facebook Ban In Nigeria (video) / Wike Makes A State Broadcast On The Tribunal Judgment (Video) / IPOB Women Packed In Police Cell In Imo After Arrest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.