Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,324 members, 7,811,955 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive (870 Views)

Babajide Sanwo-Olu - My COVID-19 Experience / I Tested Positive For Coronavirus - Salihu Umar, FIRS Employee / I Tested Positive To Hepatitis C (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 3:55pm On May 15, 2020
Dear Nairalanders, please don't mind my grammatical errors. Let me first remind you that Covid 19 is Real and out there lurking at the corners seeking its next victim.
Due to the nature of my job, I travel around the country working as a technical personnel.
It was in the course of one of my travels that I contacted the virus. I returned to Abuja about three weeks ago and started feeling sick.
It started with malaria-like symptoms. I went to a pharmacy and got medications for malaria. The fever was still there after completing the malaria treatment. Two days later I developed serious dry cough which disturbed me for about 3 days. The cough disappeared after taking some cough medications...
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by suzzyboss(m): 3:56pm On May 15, 2020
Ah
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 3:59pm On May 15, 2020
Cotd.
The second day after the cough had disappeared, I lost my sense of taste and smell. I could neither smell nor taste anything. I went online to check what could have caused it, there I saw deficiency in Zinc. I was still living in denial hoping it was a deficiency I was having despite the fact that I eat balanced diet.
I called a friend of mine to inform her of the development. She screamed saying those looks like covid 19 symptoms.
Then I stated having serious difficulty breathing. That was when I believed it was truly covid 19...

1 Like

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by June15(m): 4:05pm On May 15, 2020
Again.. APC is at work again.
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:08pm On May 15, 2020
Cotd.
I called the NCDC toll free number. I was asked a series of questions about my address, my travel history and other questions. I was told to isolate in a room away from my family till they will come pick me up.
After testing positive comes the isolation part.
I isolated and a series of drugs were prescribed for me. Thanks to medical siblings I have.
I was place on 500mg Azithromycin BD.... 200mg Hydroxychloroquine daily... 1000mg Vitamin C BD..... Steam inhalation with Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric and onion twice daily... 6mg Mectizan tablet to be taken once, Ventolin inhaler... strepsil honey and lemon...200mg Zinc tablets once daily... I was also advised to eat a lot of fruits; carrots, avocado pear, lemon etc.
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:09pm On May 15, 2020
I don't belong to any political party. I pray this ignorance will not lead u to an early grave
June15:

2 Likes

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:11pm On May 15, 2020
Here are the drugs I was taking

1 Like

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by Acidosis(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2020
June15:

True, Governor Seyi Makinde of APC at work again.
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:13pm On May 15, 2020
My call to the ncdc

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:15pm On May 15, 2020
Steaming with Garlic, ginger, turmeric and onion

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by Lorazepam(f): 4:20pm On May 15, 2020
Hope you're now negative?
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:23pm On May 15, 2020
The symptoms started disappearing on day 4 of medications. I was able to taste salt and sugar and I could smell substances but will seem like the smell is coming from far away.
I felt very good on the 6th day of treatment and I put a call across to the FCT collection centre. They sent me an sms with a number instructing me to come for another test. I met a lot of people waiting to be tested..my number was 0903.
After waiting for 5hours, I was tested.
The result will be ready in 3 days. I will update this thread as soon as the result comes in.

Below is the sms from fct collection centre
FCT collection centre
People waiting for testing
The testing lab

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:25pm On May 15, 2020
People waiting to be tested
Test centre

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:26pm On May 15, 2020
Please stay safe folks. Covid 19 is Real. Its out there.
Thank you
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by chillex8(m): 4:34pm On May 15, 2020
Only you took all these medications shocked
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by Votewisely2019: 4:35pm On May 15, 2020
Good info from OP.
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by June15(m): 4:40pm On May 15, 2020
yommitte00:
I don't belong to any political party. I pray this ignorance will not lead u to an early grave

You should be the telling ur boss u who gv u this write up that enough of this jargons

1 Like

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:42pm On May 15, 2020
June15:

You should be the telling ur boss u who gv u this write up that enough of this jargons

Silence is the best answer....... Take a second to read the trash you just spilled from your gutter mouth

1 Like

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by June15(m): 4:46pm On May 15, 2020
yommitte00:

Silence is the best answer....... Take a second to read the trash you just spilled from your gutter mouth

O de ni e oooo.. seriously as in I don't know wat to say sef..

2 Likes

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:50pm On May 15, 2020
June15:

O de ni e oooo.. seriously as in I don't know wat to say sef..
Iyalaya e ni ode. Omo oshi.... Oloriburuku... Alaiye bake..... Ofo ni wa shey. Must you jump on my thread? Can't you ignore this thread? Loser
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:51pm On May 15, 2020
yommitte00:

Iyalaya e ni ode. Omo oshi.... Oloriburuku... Alaiye baje..... Ofo ni wa shey. Must you jump on my thread? Can't you ignore this thread? Loser
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by KingSatan: 4:51pm On May 15, 2020
This is the latest trend in Abuja.

You all should continue this madness untill the real Coronavirus hits you hard.

They start by posting on their social media platforms. Something like, "I just tested positive for the coronavirus, please keep me in your prayers".

Few days later, you see something like;

"How I survived Coronavirus"

"Coronaslayer"

"I beat and Defeated Covid19"

Show me your photo in the Isolation center (Not a private hospital) or shut up for life!

Should I talk about the struggle for Palliative giveaways by your mushroom Ngo's littered everywhere?

Since Abba Kyari Died, why did you all stop doing it?

No one takes Abuja protests serious because all you do is sing, dance and make noise. No objective.

Nonsense!

2 Likes

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by June15(m): 4:52pm On May 15, 2020
yommitte00:

Iyalaya e ni ode. Omo oshi.... Oloriburuku... Alaiye bake..... Ofo ni wa shey. Must you jump on my thread? Can't you ignore this thread? Loser

See your life in path... Grow up kid

1 Like

Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by scarwiz(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2020
eyah
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by yommitte00(m): 4:55pm On May 15, 2020
June15:

See your life in path... Grow up kid
I will sir.. Mr grown up
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by Sunkyphil(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2020
covid is real many still dont believe it is
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by June15(m): 4:57pm On May 15, 2020
yommitte00:

I will sir.. Mr grown up

Yomexx the blogger.. I salute u
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by June15(m): 5:02pm On May 15, 2020
Sunkyphil:
covid is real many still dont believe it is

Nobody says it's not real, it totally real.. but here in Nigeria, it already gone and government are using it to make money, which is not suppose to be. Ask makinde, Bello, dokpesi, people in north especially in Kano, no be has it. The claimed death are, stress, heat, malaria, heart burn etc. And when people go for test, all declared positive
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by lilbarracuda(m): 5:22pm On May 15, 2020
Even covid dey shock with the way people dey claim am anyhow
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by Nobody: 6:02pm On May 15, 2020
yommitte00:

Please ignore
Re: My Covid 19 Experience - How I Tested Positive by DeckeyLyrical(m): 4:27pm On Jan 04, 2021
yommitte00:
Cotd.
I called the NCDC toll free number. I was asked a series of questions about my address, my travel history and other questions. I was told to isolate in a room away from my family till they will come pick me up.
After testing positive comes the isolation part.
I isolated and a series of drugs were prescribed for me. Thanks to medical siblings I have.
I was place on 500mg Azithromycin BD.... 200mg Hydroxychloroquine daily... 1000mg Vitamin C BD..... Steam inhalation with Garlic, Ginger, Turmeric and onion twice daily... 6mg Mectizan tablet to be taken once, Ventolin inhaler... strepsil honey and lemon...200mg Zinc tablets once daily... I was also advised to eat a lot of fruits; carrots, avocado pear, lemon etc.

Please did they give you the test result? I mean like a sheet of paper containing the test.

Did you pay to be tested? The number I saw online has not been going.

Can I talk to you on watsapp?

(1) (Reply)

How Ayurvedic Immunity Medicine Helps? / Pharmacy Business In Nigeria / How To Tell You Are Under Spiritual Cobweb Attack

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.