Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,974 members, 7,817,868 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 PM

Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. (1000 Views)

The Challenges Of Blended Families - Connet19ja / Thread For Families With Multi-purpose Intentional Living. / Axa Mansard Brings Insurance Closer To Families With Mobile App (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:51pm On May 15, 2020
If you feel comfortable sharing, please feel free. kiss

Sometimes you meet your soulmate after 1 or several marriages. It is NEVER easy to succeed under such circumstances.

When single, divorced and widow(er)d people with children hook up together to form newly-blended families, a lot of work and sacrifices have to be made by all involved. How do they do it? undecided

Types of blended families are:

1. Single blends: One spouse OR PARTNER has a child or more children prior to getting married or remarried to form a new family by having/adopting a child or children.

2. Double blends aka THE BRADY BUNCH MODEL, as the name denotes has a family set up with both spouses or PARTNERS forming another family with children from previous relationships or marriages. They may then go on to have more children or leave the “matter” as it is. grin

This set-up has lead to some most-toxic and dysfunctional family situations with domestic, sexual and physical abuse rearing their ugly heads.

Some families have managed to overcome and i can’t help but celebrate them. These families exist all over the world and successful models are mostly found in OYINBO land.

I will try to find some “BLACK” families, so wish me luck! wink
Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 6:51pm On May 15, 2020
https://www.oprahmag.com/life/relationships-love/a25924942/goldie-hawn-kurt-russell-marriage/

She was 21, he was 16 when they first met. Now she is 73, he is 68! cool

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:00pm On May 15, 2020
Lisa Benet (aka Denise Huxtable in (COSBY SHOW) and Jason Mamoa(aka KARL DROGO in GOT). cool

1 Like

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:04pm On May 15, 2020
Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith. kiss

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by wisdomiskey(m): 7:06pm On May 15, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
Jada Pinkett-Smith and Will Smith. kiss

Remove Jada & Will from this list... there's nothing "healthy" about their situationship!

4 Likes

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:12pm On May 15, 2020
wisdomiskey:

Remove Jada & Will from this list... there's nothing "healthy" about their situationship!

Why is that? undecided
Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by SweetCunt97(f): 7:19pm On May 15, 2020
Oyibo state of mind different from ours. I simply admire how simple they are.
Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:28pm On May 15, 2020
The other side of the blended family spectrum that I really have also loved to celebrate with some reservations:

The Kardashian-Jenner House of Family Commotion.

Oh boy! grin

Disi wan na POWER BLENDER o! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:30pm On May 15, 2020
Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:40pm On May 15, 2020
Kevin and Eniko Hart. cool

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:47pm On May 15, 2020
Eddie Murphy and Paige Butcher. cool

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:49pm On May 15, 2020
Demi Moore and Bruce Willis. cool

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:53pm On May 15, 2020
J-Lo and A-Rod! kiss

1 Like

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:55pm On May 15, 2020
Madonna! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 7:58pm On May 15, 2020
Alivia Keys and Swizz Beatz! kiss

1 Like

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:00pm On May 15, 2020
Steve and Majorie Harvey! cool

1 Like

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by sisisioge: 8:01pm On May 15, 2020
Wawu! This is nice...all that matters is happiness. So long as they are able to make it work....Awesome!
Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:01pm On May 15, 2020
T n’ T! cool

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:02pm On May 15, 2020
sisisioge:
Wawu! This is nice...all that matters is happiness. So long as they are able to make it work....Awesome!

Yes o!
There is HOPE! grin
Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:04pm On May 15, 2020
Kate Capshaw and Steven Spielburg! kiss

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:09pm On May 15, 2020
Diana Ross! grin

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by eyinjuege: 8:17pm On May 15, 2020
Russell Wilson and Ciara with their children.

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 8:22pm On May 15, 2020
eyinjuege:
Russell Wilson and Ciara with their children.

Was just about to post this.
Thanhs. grin
Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by MagpieMonishaa: 8:33pm On May 15, 2020
I have seen a program on which Alicia and her hubby's ex were giving an interview together. I absolutely admired their interaction and how they related to one another. Pure maturity.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 10:23pm On May 15, 2020
Taking it a step further!
YES O!

GAY PEOPLE HAVE FAMILIES! kiss

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by Miarose: 10:27pm On May 15, 2020
@OP,

It all about love. Have you not seen that Nigerians are incapable of true love? If there is no gain, then no love. Save your strength.. wickedness will not allow them understand.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 10:28pm On May 15, 2020
Donald Trump! grin

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by Palehair: 12:49am On May 16, 2020
KanwuliaExtra:
Taking it a step further!
YES O!

GAY PEOPLE HAVE FAMILIES! kiss
Finally, some gay visibility. Thank you for acknowledging them. You could've just swept them aside and make this a straight family page but you went out of the norm to put in a non-traditional family setting. You will receive a lot of hate for it but at least thanks for the diversity

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by doitforyou(f): 12:50am On May 16, 2020
Miarose:
@OP,

It all about love. Have you not seen that Nigerians are incapable of true love? If there is no gain, then no love. Save your strength.. wickedness will not allow them understand.
This.

3 Likes

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by GboyegaD(m): 12:57am On May 16, 2020
Miarose:
@OP,

I don't think this is true though.

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:10am On May 16, 2020
Palehair:

Finally, some gay visibility. Thank you for acknowledging them. You could've just swept them aside and make this a straight family page but you went out of the norm to put in a non-traditional family setting. You will receive a lot of hate for it but at least thanks for the diversity

Thank you.
Trust me. I will not receive a lot of hate.
BIGOTS know to stay away from my threads.
Or, dem go hiarrrram!

I will celebrate ALL family types. Still looking for more to celebrate.cool

2 Likes

Re: Celebrating HEALTHY Blended-families With Or Without Marriage. by KanwuliaExtra: 3:13am On May 16, 2020
Miarose:
@OP,

You forget social media and NL has a wider audience than Nigerians or Africans? grin

The wicked don’t click on my thread o! cheesy

I will keep CASTING and BINDING dem ke! grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nollywood Actress Destiny Etiko's Father Is Dead! The World Is Wicked She Lament / Will You Permit Your Wife To Spend This Much On This? / Mixed Reactions As A Kind Man Allows Children To Watch Tv In His Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.