Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,880 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State (20093 Views)

Breaking News!! Ijaw Republic Gatherings In Yenagoa, Warri Ph, Lagos.(Photos). / U.S. Laments Govt’s Inaction On Religious Extremism, Considers Special Envoy / Gov. Umahi Lifts Embargo On Employment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by WaffenSS(m): 8:13pm On May 15, 2020
They'll gather to pray against the virus

The prayer won't work

They'll end up being infected

Then they'll pray more to be healed

Some will naturally recover and think their prayers worked

Stupidity sometimes loops around

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by ojun50(m): 8:14pm On May 15, 2020
OK, wetin to year wht Lagos state government has to say this night
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Staphylococcus: 8:14pm On May 15, 2020
This is uncalled for.

Why must the governor take such action.

This is babaric

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Yampotatocarrot(m): 8:15pm On May 15, 2020
Seun:
I want to open up every aspect of the economy, but I feel that religious gatherings, parties, night clubs, etc should be the last part of the economy to be opened up because the risk/reward ratio is so high.

I think the only aspects of the economy that haven't opened up are those relating to interstate movement. Others have opened although on partial grounds.

They have to relax the ban on Interstate movement considering the fact that some economic activities require travelling from one place to another?

Also I'll rightly argue that there isn't any basis for ban on religious activities if markets are opened. This is because unlike markets, most religious organizations only have activities for just 2/3 days per week and just few hours
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by MrBanner(m): 8:15pm On May 15, 2020
Banned
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by UncleAboki: 8:16pm On May 15, 2020
worship centres are opening....next up, marriages should be conducted upandan

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by MaxLStone77(m): 8:18pm On May 15, 2020
Sure way to go... miracle centers activated
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Ezmans: 8:18pm On May 15, 2020
Nonso92:
Crusade will soon start.
The topic am expecting from nigerian Enterprise pastors is THE COVID19 IN YOUR LIFE ill BE NO MORE or NO MORE ENEMY ISOLATION IN YOUR LIFE watch out

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Nobody: 8:19pm On May 15, 2020
Nice one Omahi .

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by FlordFlorez(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2020
Would that be a good decision? Lets hope.
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by bid4rich(m): 8:20pm On May 15, 2020
Staphylococcus:

What has prayer done for Nigeria in the last 45 years

You would have been better off with prayers than present status

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by YoungAncient1: 8:21pm On May 15, 2020
Good move! Even Ebola that was far more deadly wasn't feared this much.

1 Like

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by rakumi(m): 8:21pm On May 15, 2020
This is literally telling your people, if you die you die... Bad governance
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by EjaikreTheViper(f): 8:22pm On May 15, 2020
IshakMO:
please this is real and isn't a lie. Please help me if you can

so the best way for u to sort out the financial issues in ur home is to run to ur mama?
some men are really weaklings.
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by nwamabo247(m): 8:24pm On May 15, 2020
nice one but they should maintain safy tips
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by rakumi(m): 8:25pm On May 15, 2020
YoungAncient1:
Good move! Even Ebola that was far more deadly wasn't feared this much.

I'm sure the 31st case comes to mind right? But y'all want to ignore that and kill yourselves just because your man of God said so.
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by IMASTEX: 8:25pm On May 15, 2020
clevvermind:
It is a good move. Let prayer start in full.

BranddesignerH:
Good one. We need prayer as much as we need palliatives

Religion & Christianity are two different things. It is only a religious minded person that wouldn't seek God in truth & spirit, but rather waiting for the large gatherings to entertain themselves and call it Christianity. If you pray less, didn't pray or doubt your faith/believe/fellowship with God then you were never a Christian.
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Reference(m): 8:26pm On May 15, 2020
Seun:
I want to open up every aspect of the economy, but I feel that religious gatherings, parties, night clubs, etc should be the last part of the economy to be opened up because the risk/reward ratio is so high.

Seun abeg let people just do what they want to do. The batttle is lost. We don't have the social cohesion to tackle this pandemic the way of the restriction. The moment the Italian came in it was over. Every other thing since then had been a waste of time.

Nigerians will get infected in large numbers despite anything the government does. The fabric of the nation is weak. Our hope lies in the weak mortality numbers and the resilience we Nigerians have due to our tradition of vaccine cocktails at birth. That's all.
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by akinegba1: 8:27pm On May 15, 2020
How many people are even in a backward worthless useless state as Ebonyi? Others are talk, Ebonyi is also talking
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Mizwisdom(f): 8:29pm On May 15, 2020
Seun:
I want to open up every sector of the economy, but I feel that religious gatherings, parties, night clubs, etc should be the last part of the economy to be opened up because the risk/benefit ratio is so high. I hope the Ebonyi churches and mosques follow the guidelines and that they are effective enough.

Mr. Seun don't be an agent of darkness grin I pray you will change your ways
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Staphylococcus: 8:29pm On May 15, 2020
bid4rich:

You would have been better off with prayers than present status

Fiction

They have been praying since 1960 with nothing to show for it.

Doing same thing and expecting different result.

Keep praying.

2 Likes

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by EgunMogaji2: 8:31pm On May 15, 2020
It’ll end in hot tears.

You can practice your religion in your house.

Good luck.

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by Gosanzy: 8:31pm On May 15, 2020
Coronavirus84:
Kudos to Engr David Nwaeze Umahi for dis privilege. May the lord Almighty God continue to give you more wisdom to continue to rule Ebonyi state positively. Am a Yoruba guy and I reside in Abakaliki town, Engr Dave have really impressed me so much both before and during the corona virus period. Thanks so much Engr Dave

Hmmm! Yoruba guy? thank God o, I thought Yoruba people don't reside in other places.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by grandstar(m): 8:33pm On May 15, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Hmm....Odikwa risky.

Odikwa extremely risky
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by abasfx: 8:33pm On May 15, 2020
This are getting back to normal.

Don't miss forex trading signal next week and ACCOUNT management

Contact

08064851525 WhatsApp
08113916719 calls
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:34pm On May 15, 2020
Very good

Interstate travel should be next
Re: Governor Umahi Lifts Ban On Religious Gatherings In Ebonyi State by TruthSpeaker: 8:34pm On May 15, 2020
Churches will now become COVID-19 distribution center if care is not taken. I didn’t say mosque because the state is a predominantly Cristian state

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police Arrest Zaria ‘Boko-Haram’ Killer / I’m Under Pressure Over Buhari’s Cabinet - Joda / Dino Melaye's Assassination Attempt: Police Arrest Seven Suspects

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.