Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,223 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 AM

Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. (1006 Views)

Ekiti Kete- Make 1.5m - 2m Annually on Real estate / Earn Monthly Income on Real Investment, Run from Ponzis / Waoh! Return on Real Estate Investment @ Ibeju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Nobody: 10:27pm On May 15, 2020
Going into real estate when you are still struggling or still an upcoming business man is a mistake you will regrete later.
Let me explain

You have just 50 million and you use it to buy land build a 10 units of 2 bedroom flat and rent out, do you know it may take you over 10 years to even recover your initial capital of 50 million?
Which means 10% annual return. If you are a person who is so logical and reads number like they are alphabet then we know 10% annual return is a bad number.

Taking mortage loan to build an estate is even more better which is self explanatory for those who knows how the mortage industry works.

Sometimes we love to follow the crowd in society, everyone is shouting real estate, real estate and then the herd mentality of rushing to that direction comes in. It pains me to see someone who use to be very rich then all of a sudden began to struggle because he has use a big chunk of his wealth to build houses and rent out which sometimes delay in payment of rent will even scatter the returns you expected.

Before you rush to use that money and invest in real estate you better analyze things deeply as not to fall into the rat race.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by IMO01: 1:16am On May 16, 2020
tommyken:
Going into real estate when you are still struggling or still an upcoming business man is a mistake you will regrete later.
Let me explain

You have just 50 million and you use it to buy land build a 10 units of 2 bedroom flat and rent out, do you know it may take you over 10 years to even recover your initial capital of 50 million?
Which means 10% annual return. If you are a person who is so logical and reads number like they are alphabet then we know 10% annual return is a bad number.

Taking mortage loan to build an estate is even more better which is self explanatory for those who knows how the mortage industry works.

Sometimes we love to follow the crowd in society, everyone is shouting real estate, real estate and then the herd mentality of rushing to that direction comes in. It pains me to see someone who use to be very rich then all of a sudden began to struggle because he has use a big chunk of his wealth to build houses and rent out which sometimes delay in payment of rent will even scatter the returns you expected.

Before you rush to use that money and invest in real estate you better analyze things deeply as not to fall into the rat race.

But Its d safest kind of investment to me with constant cash flow
Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Nobody: 2:22am On May 16, 2020
IMO01:

But Its d safest kind of investment to me with constant cash flow
Being too safe is why I dont even fancy it. Maybe its due to my risk taking nature.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by MrMcJay(m): 5:26am On May 16, 2020
You are talking about property rentals alone. That is merely a part of real estate and not the whole thing. There are many ways to make serious money from real estate. The most prominent ones are buying land and flipping as well as building houses and selling them for profit.

There are those who buy acres in locations where the government wants to build roads and they divide the land into plots and sell. There are those who buy land in areas with good amenities, build duplexes on them and sell for a handsome profit. There are those who provide certain services and get valuable land in return. Real Estate is much more than building houses for rentals.

However, I agree with you that anyone with a thriving business doesn't need to dip his hand into his capital and go pour it in building a house for rent.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Nobody: 5:47am On May 16, 2020
tommyken:

Being too safe is why I dont even fancy it. Maybe its due to my risk taking nature.
And I was thinking you had some sense dude.

Never knew it's one of those bet9ja investment type of guy or ponzi lover type of guy.

Keep walking dude.
Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Nobody: 8:39am On May 16, 2020
Bonatheripper:

And I was thinking you had some sense dude.

Never knew it's one of those bet9ja investment type of guy or ponzi lover type of guy.

Keep walking dude.
You are truely a dingbat, how did a kid have access to investment section in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Nobody: 8:40am On May 16, 2020
MrMcJay:
You are talking about property rentals alone. That is merely a part of real estate and not the whole thing. There are many ways to make serious money from real estate. The most prominent ones are buying land and flipping as well as building houses and selling them for profit.

There are those who buy acres in locations where the government wants to build roads and they divide the land into plots and sell. There are those who buy land in areas with good amenities, build duplexes on them and sell for a handsome profit. There are those who provide certain services and get valuable land in return. Real Estate is much more than building houses for rentals.

However, I agree with you that anyone with a thriving business doesn't need to dip his hand into his capital and go pour it in building a house for rent.
Thanks, I love your input.
Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by asitis752: 9:02am On May 16, 2020
This is what I was discussing with a friend yesterday. How will I go and invest 50million into real estate when I can build a filling station or hotel and be earning money daily? Majority that I have seen investing in real estate are the corrupt politicians and civil servants have embezzled in their offices. One captain in the Nigeria army is even building one powerful structure in my area to sale after completion and there's a rumour around that the captain is one of the soldiers involve in oil bunkering in niger delta

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Nobody: 10:46am On May 16, 2020
asitis752:
This is what I was discussing with a friend yesterday. How will I go and invest 50million into real estate when I can build a filling station or hotel and be earning money daily? Majority that I have seen investing in real estate are the corrupt politicians and civil servants have embezzled in their offices. One captain in the Nigeria army is even building one powerful structure in my area to sale after completion and there's a rumour around that the captain is one of the soldiers involve in oil bunkering in niger delta
Am happy someone is getting the logic am coming from.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by edoman2016: 9:46am On May 24, 2020
tommyken:
Let me explain

Sincerely, real estate is overrated in Nigeria. Terrible tenants that owe and delay rents. Most landlords are not making profit from their rental houses.

1 Like

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Bossjakande: 9:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
edoman2016:

Sincerely, real estate is overrated in Nigeria. Terrible tenants that owe and delay rents. Most landlords are not making profit from their rental houses.
guy how far did u add oge to dat group and did u chat wit her.
Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by Kobicove(m): 9:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
tommyken:
Let me explain

What you have said is very true unfortunately most Nigerians do not reason this way

2 Likes

Re: Why I Dont Believe The Hype On Real Estate Investment. by edoman2016: 6:13am On Jul 18, 2020
Bossjakande:
guy how far did u add oge to dat group and did u chat wit her.
Are you referring to sisisioge? Isn't such things supposed to be private assuming it does happened?

(1) (Reply)

Is Ximafx Real? / Earn Money Working Online / Questions For Stock Brokers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.