Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,672 members, 7,820,357 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:34 PM

Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? (2168 Views)

Excuse Me How Do I Prepare Irish Potatoes / Missy B Help! How Do I Cook Potatoes? / ~ Love Potatoes? Learn Or Share Recipes ~ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by DisGuy: 12:10am On Jan 15, 2011
So early in the week i told mumsie to get me potatoes from the supermarket. I was actually craving mashed potatoes but i'm not sure if they are the right ones for mash potato. Now I'm stuck with 24 nice looking potatoes that will probably start brown next week

So Ye [i]cooksmith[/i]s, can you recommend quick recipe with potatoes > I don't like just boiled potatoes unless you can also recommend good sauce (quick and easy sauce)

Helppppppp
Re: Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by kieryn(f): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2011
Chop them up and fry them. Add sausage and you can eat for breakfast.

Put it in the oven and bake it. Wrap it in aluminum foil and cook in the oven for an hour. When it is soft open it up and add your topping. Like meat, cheese, butter, etc,

FYI: Any potato is good for mash potatoes. Just peel it if you do not like the skin I usually peel mines after i boil them makes em easier. Boil it than mash it add milk, butter, and salt. You can also add garlic and chives or cheese depending on your preference.
Re: Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by MissyB3(f): 11:39pm On Jan 16, 2011
Re: Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by meyri: 1:31am On Jan 17, 2011
Sauce for potatoes: you need onions tomato paste cornbeef oil water salt. First heat some oil in a saucepan the oil should cover the bottom of the pot then add a can of tomato paste and choponions. Cook the paste until it starts spreading then add seasoning salt pepper maggi or tomatoes if you like. Then add cornbeef mix everything together. Then add water start with one cup if too thick add more water until you get the consistency you like then let it boil on medium heat. Stir and check frequently to make sure it doesnt stick to the pot. After about 20 minutes it should be done. I eat with fried or boiled potatoes.
Re: Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by CrazyMan(m): 1:43am On Jan 17, 2011
Boil them and it with palm oil or beans
Re: Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by DisGuy: 2:27am On Jan 17, 2011
Thanks people

I was really trying to avoid the oven route but hey i guess i'll do that one of these days, thanks missy b

Thank goodness for microwave, I rinsed one big potato, I stab the thing a couple of times with a fork
then put its in for 5mins each side and voilĂ 

cut it open added salt and butter wink
Re: Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by xxcarolxx(f): 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2011
Potato cakes, 175g mashed potatoes, 12g butter, 225g plain flour, 1 beaten egg, 25g grated cheddar cheese optional, 1 teaspoon salt 60 mls of milk, sift the flour with the salt into mixing bowl, rub in the butter until flour and butter are combined, add the mashed potato and milk to form a soft dough, cut out 10 rounds with pastry cutter place on a floured baking tray and cook for 15-20 mins or fry till brown on both sides, If ye wish ye can add crushed garlic, cooked diced bacon, finely grated onion, or mixed herbs to your mixture,
Re: Potatoes: What Can You Do With Them? by eldido(f): 11:14pm On Jan 23, 2011
LOADS! There is so much you can do with potatoes.

One of my favourite potato recipe's in roast potato:

1 - Peel and chop the potatoes into chunks
2 - sprinkle with salt
3 - add some oil and some garlic and any herbs
4 - bake in the oven (about 45 minutes in ordinary ovens - or about 30 minutes in a halogen oven) until crispy on the outside and fluffy and soft on the inside.

5 - Enjoy!

I also love mashed potato too :-)

E

(1) (Reply)

Fruit Salad / How To Prepare Sweet Beans And Potato Pottage /

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.