Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,977 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:56 PM

Question For Seun - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Question For Seun (1261 Views)

Question For Seun And The Moderators. / Old Nairalanders I Have A Question For You . / When Will Your Tomorrow Come: A Question For The Nigerian Youth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Seun by Cogent: 8:33am On May 16, 2020
Hello, good day to you.
I wanted to ask
Is there a system to banning users on nairaland or do mods just ban whoever with whatever length of time they feel like?
For instance do certain offenses carry longer bans than others and is the length of the ban specified for different offenses? Is there a system or do the mods give out sentences however they please?
Thanks
Re: Question For Seun by Cogent: 8:44am On May 16, 2020
Seun I am asking because my friend got banned for 7 months for a single offence which seems grossly unfair to me so I came to help her appeal her case. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Question For Seun by Seun(m): 11:07am On May 16, 2020
Cogent:
Seun I am asking because my friend got banned for 7 months for a single offence which seems grossly unfair to me so I came to help her appeal her case. Thanks
Which friend, which offense, and which moderator?

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: Question For Seun by Cogent: 12:46pm On May 16, 2020
Seun:
Which friend, which offense, and which moderator?

Thanks

She didn't see the mods name in her profile after ban, she does not know
Re: Question For Seun by Ajibade123(m): 3:10pm On May 16, 2020
I think nairaland should have an official mail Or is there one already??
Re: Question For Seun by Cogent: 11:20pm On May 16, 2020
Mr Seun please I am still waiting for feedback
Re: Question For Seun by Cogent: 7:19am On May 17, 2020
NuclearGodzilla:

Tell your friend to open another nairaland account and continue posting from where she stopped. How else do you expect nairaland member counter to increase?

Take a leaf from me, about to hit my 36th user profile!

Stop being salty because someone banned you online

Lol

I just hate injustice and oppression that's all. I try to stop it if I can.
Re: Question For Seun by Cogent: 8:10pm On May 17, 2020
Haba Seun, this is very hurtful. I have been waiting 2 days for feedback.

I have seen you viewing the thread but you didn't reply, why ask for details of my case then proceed to not reply me?

Does this mean there is nobody we can report to if the mods are being oppressive?
Re: Question For Seun by Seun(m): 12:00am On May 18, 2020
Cogent:
Haba Seun, this is very hurtful. I have been waiting 2 days for feedback.

I have seen you viewing the thread but you didn't reply, why ask for details of my case then proceed to not reply me?

Does this mean there is nobody we can report to if the mods are being oppressive?
have you answered my questions yet? I can’t see my answers.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Question For Seun by Cogent: 5:43am On May 18, 2020
Seun:
have you answered my questions yet? I can’t see my answers.

Oh, well
You fall my hand sha for this thread.
Re: Question For Seun by NaijadrivaCars: 3:14pm On May 18, 2020
Hmmm. Seun, Seun, Seun. Make I prepare my questions, viz:

1. Why are Christian threads not censored as Islam threads. Yea yea, the measures you out in place ain't enough.

"I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" This will be posted on your moniker.

2. Why do your people remove links of bloggers that made a post here but go straight to Instagram or any other social media to lift the screenshots and link?

Bloggers posting on Nairaland is a win-win. You get traffic and $$$, the blogs get exposure and shares info.

3. Can you dedicate a moderator whose job is to delete tribal, religious or personal insults?
Go to threads made in early 2000s and see how decently people communicate here and compare with threads in 2017 or so and now.

4. Nairaland will have elements of Nigerians but... when can we post videos directly, have more emoticons etc?

typing....

1 Like

Re: Question For Seun by Cogent: 4:59am On May 19, 2020
Cogent:
Haba Seun, this is very hurtful. I have been waiting 5 days for feedback.

Re: Question For Seun by Nobody: 1:01pm On May 19, 2020
Cogent:

Oh, I am so glad you replied.
I thought you saw the answer before because I saw you viewing the thread two days ago But you didn't reply. So I edited it

Anyway the friend in question 'Choccolate' and sher offence was calling someone pretentious irritant . She doesn't know the mod who banned her because it wasn't indicated on her profile.

Please let me just know your verdict if the 7month ban for one offence was worth it.

She called someone that and yet you think her ban was unfair?
Re: Question For Seun by scoundrel(f): 12:04pm On May 23, 2020
NaijadrivaCars:
Hmmm. Seun, Seun, Seun. Make I prepare my questions, viz:

1. Why are Christian threads not censored as Islam threads. Yea yea, the measures you out in place ain't enough.

"I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God" This will be posted on your moniker.

2. Why do your people remove links of bloggers that made a post here but go straight to Instagram or any other social media to lift the screenshots and link?

Bloggers posting on Nairaland is a win-win. You get traffic and $$$, the blogs get exposure and shares info.

3. Can you dedicate a moderator whose job is to delete tribal, religious or personal insults?
Go to threads made in early 2000s and see how decently people communicate here and compare with threads in 2017 or so and now.

4. Nairaland will have elements of Nigerians but... when can we post videos directly, have more emoticons etc?

typing....
Here we go again. Thread or post deletion coming in 3, 2, 1...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Question For Seun by StubbornGENIUS: 2:32pm On May 24, 2020
scoundrel:

Here we go again. Thread or post deletion coming in 3, 2, 1...
Still Active
Re: Question For Seun by Seun(m): 6:53pm On May 24, 2020
The mod said it was a mistake.

3 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Question For Seun by Davash222(m): 7:03pm On May 24, 2020
Seun:
The mod said it was a mistake.
Just like that? There should be punishment for such laxity.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Seun by fkj950ax(m): 7:36pm On May 24, 2020
Hi Seun,
Can we have next and previous links on posts, so we don't have to go back to home to click next post.
Re: Question For Seun by Mawex(m): 1:05am On May 26, 2020
fkj950ax:
Hi Seun,
Can we have next and previous links on posts, so we don't have to go back to home to click next post.
We're all looking forward to that seun tell us when abeg.

1 Like

Re: Question For Seun by Seun(m): 10:23am On May 26, 2020
Davash222:

Just like that? There should be punishment for such laxity.
if it happens again...

2 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Question For Seun by DriggityDre: 6:00am On May 28, 2020
Seun:
Hi, Seun.
You know, I love and respect you man.

I really do.... but this can't be happening, man.

Nairaland's favourite supermod M**d (if I spell his name, he will hide this one) has gone berserk once again in the TV/Movie section.

All it took were a few personal mails/informing of some sort from the popular former supermod Is****ve (He hid this one too so I wouldn't spell it), and he went on a hiding spree, even some of my innocent comments were hidden.

See for yourself;

https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/2163

https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/2164

https://www.nairaland.com/1549406/what-movie-watching-now/2165

Now, I wish not to express my real feelings, or say anything bad so I leave you with this.

I managed to savour some screenshots. Take note of the comment time and viewers. Honestly, I'm tired.

At least, un-hide the innocent comments. At least.

1 Share

Re: Question For Seun by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 28, 2020
Seun:
Hello seun, is there any offense with reposting photos from Nairaland?
Re: Question For Seun by meobizy(f): 11:11pm On Jun 11, 2020
That supermod and the former supermod have issues. They have caused me so many bans on this platform that I’ve lost hope on this place going past local champion status.

(1) (Reply)

Anonymity: What Are You Afraid Of? / The Romantic Section Is Ever So Busy On Nairaland! / Lekki Properties For Sale By Owner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.