Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,976 members, 7,952,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:42 AM

COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers (25896 Views)

IHS Towers Sacks 100 Employees As Devaluation In Nigeria Erodes Profits. / Adenuga's Globacom Sacks 90 Married Female Staff - LasgidiOnline.com.ng / AIT Sacks 300 Staff Nationwide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by Osidazz19: 1:31pm On May 16, 2020
What? The church sacking people? They are heartless.

At least this is what a typical Naija person will say if this happens to be the govt or a private company.
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by jansonn(m): 1:33pm On May 16, 2020
BabangidaHamza:
No am an indigene of Kano state but majority of my relations reside in Kakuri Gidan Gwadabe
oh, OK man
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by oluwasegun007(m): 1:35pm On May 16, 2020
Only two people on first page actually went through the article....

Its a big shame.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by mechanics(m): 1:37pm On May 16, 2020
Those owing the hospital should pay their debts o.
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by vertueptime: 1:38pm On May 16, 2020
dre11:

https://www.sunnewsonline.com/covid-19-kaduna-catholic-hospital-sacks-120-workers/

Banks too should do this instead of sacking, 1out of the 400 hospitals,
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by onyxo76(m): 1:40pm On May 16, 2020
Germany6542:
see below
bros why be say all your games na so so HT?FT?
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by chinonsolife342: 1:52pm On May 16, 2020
chariisGRACE:
sad
God no go shame us at all IJN
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by YUSTECH3(m): 1:53pm On May 16, 2020
Where are we going....kai...too much unemployment graduate plus sacked ones...
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by ignis: 2:02pm On May 16, 2020
GboyegaD:

Seriously You could choose to school me instead.

How many companies in sane climes ask their staff to go on compulsory leave? You either retain or fire the staff as no one is doing the other a favor.

If you retain the staff, how do you manage to pay salary with the recent lockdown economic situation ?

If they fire staff, noisemakers will condemn the act, people would start advocating for compulsory leave instead of sack.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by GboyegaD(m): 2:07pm On May 16, 2020
ignis:

If you retain the staff, how do you manage to pay salary with the recent lockdown economic situation ?

If they fire staff, noisemakers will condemn the act, people would start advocating for compulsory leave instead of sack.

It is a going concern and what matters is the survival of the company in the realities of the harshness of business realities. If there company is going down, the directors should take the best decision for the company to survive. One that is fair to the staff and owners interest.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by ignis: 2:14pm On May 16, 2020
GboyegaD:

It is a going concern and what matters is the survival of the company in the realities of the harshness of business realities. If there company is going down, the directors should take the best decision for the company to survive. One that is fair to the staff and owners interest.

GboyegaD:
It is well. Which one is compulsory leave? If you want to disengage them, do so. Why do this company think their staff live depends on them for survival?

The company has taken thier decision, and you are at the comfort of your home condemning the decision.
That was why I said you don't know how companies and businesses operate.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by NairaMaster1(m): 2:21pm On May 16, 2020
athaboi:
How many people come remain..but the heading is misleading, the message said for the period of this covid 19 lockdown and not sack so why put a heading different from what the news is saying...let's be guided na

I taya ooo
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by GboyegaD(m): 2:25pm On May 16, 2020
ignis:

The company has taken thier decision, and you are at the comfort of your home condemning the decision.
That was why I said you don't know how companies and businesses operate.

There's nothing as compulsory leave. It is either you keep them or sack then and that is what a business decision should be. The one they made now is exploiting them.
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by kings09(m): 2:37pm On May 16, 2020
Lanretoye:
Effect of religious lock down,so na tithe and offering dem Dey take run the hospital upon the medical Billings wey dem Dey collect.
Reading na issue for you I guess.

If you read d article, u would realize they weren't sacked

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by omojesu202(m): 2:38pm On May 16, 2020
their problem ooo, I've got mine

check my signature n join million.money N3m is realistic in 100 days.
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by Nobody: 2:52pm On May 16, 2020
Those who are giving out wrong headline why the content is in the opposite you are worst than Nigeria government
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by Fragility6: 3:12pm On May 16, 2020
omojesu202:
their problem ooo, I've got mine

check my signature n join million.money
N3m is realistic in 100 days.
u don tell ur family members?
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by adenigga(m): 3:18pm On May 16, 2020
AMvanquish:
This is inevitable. When Patients cant access hospitals due to Lock down and resources for running day to day have gone up due to logistics et al , they need to re-strategise to stay afloat.. Its going to be a tough year.

Point of correction! Patients can access the hospital despite lockdown scenario because hospital services is part of essential services covered under the lockdown.

The main thing is that, the source of income is being strangulated for these churches hospitals since all religious centers had been shut down. At least, some donations from the parents churches always go a long way for them.
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by Nobody: 3:32pm On May 16, 2020
jansonn:

Wow,most kakuri children were born there. You're in kd too??
am a kd still in kd but not of kdl
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by Yankee101: 3:48pm On May 16, 2020
Furloughed, Not laid off
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by YoungAncient1: 3:57pm On May 16, 2020
St Gerrard is the most reliable hospital in Kaduna. They are efficient, humane and highly professional; for them to have taken this step, obviously there was no other way out.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by ITbomb(m): 4:03pm On May 16, 2020
athaboi:
How many people come remain..but the heading is misleading, the message said for the period of this covid 19 lockdown and not sack so why put a heading different from what the news is saying...let's be guided na
Pray make dem no give you indefinite Compulsory Leave without pay

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by ITbomb(m): 4:24pm On May 16, 2020
GboyegaD:

There's nothing as compulsory leave. It is either you keep them or sack then and that is what a business decision should be. The one they made now is exploiting them.
Their compulsory leave means, "we value your services but because of low patronage, we don't have money to pay you. Go, when business improves, we will call you back"
For me, that's as polite as it can be because outright sack would mean that they will recruit new workforce when things improve

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by Dollabiz: 4:29pm On May 16, 2020
oh
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by odaniel1(m): 4:48pm On May 16, 2020
My company just did the same to us s well. The private sector is a mess right now. Thanks to Covid.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by AMvanquish: 4:51pm On May 16, 2020
adenigga:

Point of correction! Patients can access the hospital despite lockdown scenario because hospital services is part of essential services covered under the lockdown.

The main thing is that, the source of income is being strangulated for these churches hospitals since all religious centers had been shut down. At least, some donations from the parents churches always go a long way for them.

In areas where there are no means to access transportation due to Lock down, what do we call that? Not everyone has access to means of transport.
Re: COVID-19: Kaduna Catholic Hospital Sacks 120 Workers by GboyegaD(m): 4:52pm On May 16, 2020
ITbomb:

Their compulsory leave means, "we value your services but because of low patronage, we don't have money to pay you. Go, when business improves, we will call you back"
For me, that's as polite as it can be because outright sack would mean that they will recruit new workforce when things improve

I guess we all have our perspective of it. There's nothing polite in it and it is just a way to make you feel important to them when you truly are not. If business improves implies you should put yourself on a hold. Anyways,we have been trained to feel that we been employed by an organization is them doing us a favor which isn't true.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mckinsey 2014 - 2015 Applications / How Do I Handle Work Place Sexual Harassment. HELP! / Why I Dropped My Degree To Become A Taxi Driver - Abuja-based Female Taxi Driver

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.