Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,346 members, 7,811,995 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Looka 32 INCH TV Review - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Looka 32 INCH TV Review (2905 Views)

Abuja: Looka LED 32 Inches HD TV For Sale / Has Anyone Used This 32 Inch TV Before -picture Inside / Konka 32 Inch TV Up For Grab Super Clean (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 2:18pm On May 16, 2020
Looka 32 Inch TV Review

Also read this review for all Syinix TV models.

https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2020/07/syinix-tv-review-in-nigeria-all-synix.html

Want a bigger TV? Read this Amani 43 inch KB50K TV review https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2020/06/amani-43-inch-kb50k-review.html

Or read this LG 50" UM7340 UHD TV review https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2020/06/lg-50-inch-tv-um7340-review.html

Display

It’s got a crisp display. When I say crisp, I mean although it’s just an LED TV, it gives visuals similar to that of an OLED.

Considering the price, I find the display quite satisfactory. The display does not blur during fast moving scenes which shows that the TV has a great refresh rate.

Also the viewing angle is adequate for its size. You don’t notice any fading at the sides even if you watch from an angle.

Overall, I’ll give the Display 4.5 out of five stars. It doesn’t get five stars because it dims a bit when the current is low.

Although to be fair, this dimming is probably due to its power saving feature.

Thinking of getting a new generator to power your TV? Read this Elemax 7.6 kva review. https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2020/04/elemax-generator-review-jumia-online.html

Sound
If you hope to pull your street down with sounds from this TV, I’ll advice you to get a stereo. The volume is not so loud.

That’s normal with flat screen TVs these days. There is no space for big speakers.

Also it has an auto volume leveler that helps to regulate the volume for safe hearing.

I once had a Sony TV that would start making a buzzing sound once you use it past a certain volume.

Naturally, this was one of the first things I checked for. This TV renders smooth sounds at any volume without delivering any annoying buzz.

The speakers are impressive and have that...read the full review here[url] https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2019/08/looka-32-inch-tv-review-jumia-online.html[/url]

You can also read this Scanfrost SFL-151M freezer review
https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2020/05/sfl-151m-scanfrost-145l-freezer-review.html

Or read the Nexus 100L NX-150C Freezer Review https://jumia-electronics-reviews..com/2020/06/nexus-chest-freezer-nx150c-review.html
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by ekkywolex(m): 4:08pm On May 16, 2020
The TV is rubbish, forget it. I bought from jumia. Showing lines after a few months. Warranty is rubbish

1 Like

Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 16, 2020
BayoNath:
Looka 32 Inch TV Review

Display

It’s got a crisp display. When I say crisp, I mean although it’s just an LED TV, it gives visuals similar to that of an OLED.

I stopped reading after this sentence in bold. Like really? If u wanna hype a product then at least understand what u are comparing it to. Visuals similar to an oled? OMG nothing person no go see for nairaland. Even the more expensive Samsung qled still find it difficult to match the visuals of an oled display. Let alone this cheap tv with 720p display, not even FHD sef and no technology for upscaling.

2 Likes

Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Nobody: 4:34pm On May 16, 2020
ekkywolex:
The TV is rubbish, forget it. I bought from jumia. Showing lines after a few months. Warranty is rubbish

Lol, why u sef go buy that kind tv? They used old outdated ips panel from Samsung and someone is saying it has visuals similar to OLED LMAO

1 Like

Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by ekkywolex(m): 5:46pm On May 16, 2020
greenhulk:

Lol, why u sef go buy that kind tv? They used old outdated ips panel from Samsung and someone is saying it has visuals similar to OLED LMAO

Na just to play games o
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by anthonyuncle(m): 6:45pm On May 16, 2020
looka my dick.
if u wanna buy a very good television at an affordable price, plz go for tcl.

3 Likes

Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 7:07pm On May 16, 2020
greenhulk:

I stopped reading after this sentence in bold. Like really? If u wanna hype a product then at least understand what u are comparing it to. Visuals similar to an oled? OMG nothing person no go see for nairaland. Even the more expensive Samsung qled still find it difficult to match the visuals of an oled display. Let alone this cheap tv with 720p display, not even FHD sef and no technology for upscaling.
It's not hype. It's a comparison. You clearly have not used the TV before.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 7:12pm On May 16, 2020
ekkywolex:
I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this TV but it's possible you were just unlucky and purchased a bad product.

I'm saying this because there are several others including me who have used it for close to two years without issues.

Even brands like LG and Samsung have products that develop lines.

There are many reasons for this and I've covered it in one of my posts.

So please don't write off the TV. It's great especially for it's price.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 7:15pm On May 16, 2020
anthonyuncle:
looka my dick.

if u wanna buy a very good television at an affordable price,
plz go for tcl.

TCl is also a good TV for it's price. But it's in no way better than Looka.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Nobody: 7:47pm On May 16, 2020
BayoNath:

Looka against TCL? Bros what drugs are u on? TCL that is currently the top selling tv brand in the US.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Nobody: 7:53pm On May 16, 2020
BayoNath:

It's not hype. It's a comparison. You clearly have not used the TV before.

I don't need to use it to know it's crap (well it's cheap so it serves its purpose). Do u even know it's technical details? I know more about tv than just turn it on and watch Africa magic on it. For someone like u there's no difference between a tecno pouvoir and Samsung s series display, but for people that know, it takes only 2 seconds to know one display is wack while the other is top class. U no even see other lcd panels to compare it with na OLED u dey mention. Do u know how much it costs to make an oled display?
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 7:56pm On May 16, 2020
greenhulk:

Looka against TCL? Bros what drugs are u on? TCL that is currently the top selling tv brand in the US.
This is exactly what I always try to explain to my readers. Just because something is popular does not mean it's the best.
It may just be superior marketing.
That's how iPhone 11 was so hyped but it turns out that it can't handle the stress of a busy WhatsApp TV like Samsung Note 10.
Take it from me that has experience with the two, TCl 32 inch TV and Looka 32 inch TV are very similar.
Don't just look at the flashy stated features to make your opinion.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 8:01pm On May 16, 2020
greenhulk:

I don't need to use it to know it's crap (well it's cheap so it serves its purpose). Do u even know it's technical details? I know more about tv than just turn it on and watch Africa magic on it. For someone like u there's no difference between a tecno pouvoir and Samsung s series display, but for people that know, it takes only 2 seconds to know one display is wack while the other is top class. U no even see other lcd panels to compare it with na OLED u dey mention. Do u know how much it costs to make an oled display?

Did you even read the review or my other reviews? Yes it's display is not OLED. Congrats you know your display terms.
I was using a figure of speech to show how good the display is considering the price.
The TV was just about 37k at the time. If you noticed I used the word similar and 'crisp'.

My point is when it comes to tech, I'm an expert. Read my Iphone 11 review to orient yourself and quit criticizing a product you've never used.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Nobody: 8:17pm On May 16, 2020
BayoNath:

Did you even read the review or my other reviews? Yes it's display is not OLED. Congrats you know your display terms.
I was using a figure of speech to show how good the display is considering the price.
The TV was just about 37k at the time. If you noticed I used the word similar and 'crisp'.

My point is when it comes to tech, I'm an expert. Read my Iphone 11 review to orient yourself and quit criticizing a product you've never used.

Since u know ur tech, then u should have at least mentioned some technical information about the display of the tv, instead or just saying it's 'similar to oled'. U know that sentence is vague for such a TV. What's the resolution of the said tv? What kind of upscaling does it do? What kind of HDR does it do (that's if it supports any), what video formats does it play, what audio formats does it support (dts, Dolby, etc).
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 8:32pm On May 16, 2020
greenhulk:

Since u know ur tech, then u should have at least mentioned some technical information about the display of the tv, instead or just saying it's 'similar to oled'. U know that sentence is vague for such a TV. What's the resolution of the said tv? What kind of upscaling does it do? What kind of HDR does it do (that's if it supports any), what video formats does it play, what audio formats does it support (dts, Dolby, etc).

I get what you're saying. And it would be applicable if I was writing this article for a board of examiners or TV enthusiasts.
But my audience comprises of normal people who may not be techies. They're curious about a cheap tv and want to know if buying it would benefit them.
Even though I listed it's specs (which you don't know because you didn't read the review) there was no need to go into specifics. It's not a thesis, it's a sales copy.
There's no need for me to include info they've already seen on Jumia or any product description page.
This is simple copywriting 101.

1 Like

Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by ceejay80s(m): 3:40am On May 17, 2020
greenhulk:

U get bad mouth, see as I silenced that guy morale
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by ceejay80s(m): 3:45am On May 17, 2020
greenhulk:

Why are u did wicked? Allow this guy enjoy his open and close tv
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by anthonyuncle(m): 7:12am On May 17, 2020
BayoNath:

bro,
dz shouldn't even be argued.

dz ur looka should be compared with brands like synix,bruhm,i-tec & co.

tcl is far better than it
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by anthonyuncle(m): 7:16am On May 17, 2020
greenhulk:

da comparison is just making me mad.

looka, na tv be that?
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 7:33am On May 17, 2020
anthonyuncle:

bro,
dz shouldn't even be argued.

dz ur looka should be compared with brands like synix,bruhm,i-tec & co.

tcl is far better than it
Correction...TCL is more popular than it. Comparing fellow new brands like Bruhm to Looka does not make you sound smart.

It just shows that you're among the fakers who condemn a product they've never used.

You're just hyping TCL because you heard it's very popular in the US.

And that's the difference between us. As a product analyst, it's my job to know products and not just read about them.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Penuelseun(m): 8:39am On May 17, 2020
I don't think the Op has seen an Oled TV before, you can't even compare this looka with a Fhd TV not to talk of Uhd before going the way of Oled
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 8:54am On May 17, 2020
Penuelseun:
I don't think the Op has seen an Oled TV before, you can't even compare this looka with a Fhd TV not to talk of Uhd before going the way of Oled
I think I'll stop replying after this point. Yes OLED display is magical. Anybody that knows about display qualities knows this.
By comparing the LCD display of this TV to that of an OLED, I was showing how good the display is for it's price.
It's like calling a good local player the Messi of Nigeria. It does not mean he's as good at Messi.
I don't just hype. Like in my UKA TV review, I made it clear that the display was pure crap because it is.
You guys should stop missing the point or trying to sound savage.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Penuelseun(m): 10:31am On May 17, 2020
BayoNath:

I think I'll stop replying after this point. Yes OLED display is magical. Anybody that knows about display qualities knows this.
By comparing the LCD display of this TV to that of an OLED, I was showing how good the display is for it's price.
It's like calling a good local player the Messi of Nigeria. It does not mean he's as good at Messi.
I don't just hype. Like in my UKA TV review, I made it clear that the display was pure crap because it is.
You guys should stop missing the point or trying to sound savage.
Oga let's call a spade a spade, have you tried watching a 360p or 420p movie on it, pls do and then come back and tell us how it went
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 10:53am On May 17, 2020
Penuelseun:
Oga let's call a spade a spade, have you tried watching a 360p or 420p movie on it, pls do and then come back and tell us how it went

360P?? 480 pixels by 360 pixels. You know that's a very low resolution right? It will even look blurry like 3gp on larger screens like Tv screens.

I mean even ordinary smartphones can render that. Nevermind.. now I know you're just talking.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Penuelseun(m): 11:03am On May 17, 2020
BayoNath:

360P?? 480 pixels by 360 pixels. You know that's a very low resolution right? It will even look blurry like 3gp on larger screens like Tv screens.

I mean even ordinary smartphones can render that. Nevermind.. now I know you're just talking.
You are the one who is just talking, 360p and 420p is still watchable on a Fhd screen as a good TV will upscale it, something which your looka can't do
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 11:12am On May 17, 2020
Penuelseun:
You are the one who is just talking, 360p and 420p is still watchable on a Fhd screen as a good TV will upscale it, something which your looka can't do
Even my old Sony Bravia Tv can upscale 360p movies. There's nothing special about that.
I pointed out your 360p comment because you were making it sound like one special resolution like 4k or something.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by sweetmb4real200: 1:53pm On May 17, 2020
Please I need a tv set with price range of 75k-85k, 40 or 43 inches. please can you advise which product i can go for ? Bruhm , Uka , Tcl , Polystar etc
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Penuelseun(m): 2:04pm On May 17, 2020
BayoNath:

Even my old Sony Bravia Tv can upscale 360p movies. There's nothing special about that.
I pointed out your 360p comment because you were making it sound like one special resolution like 4k or something.
I am not saying it is a special resolution, you probably tested your TV with a blueray player as most of people selling electronics do, a buyer will now view same TV at home on a standard resolution and be wondering where all the sharpness and vividness went to

1 Like

Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by BayoNath: 2:59pm On May 17, 2020
Penuelseun:
I am not saying it is a special resolution, you probably tested your TV with a blueray player as most of people selling electronics do, a buyer will now view same TV at home on a standard resolution and be wondering where all the sharpness and vividness went to
It's ok. The point is that Looka TV has a crystal clear display which is shocking for a TV of it's price range.

I didn't have to use a blueray player since I play straight from my flash drive. So that your point is moot.

And yes it doesn't have an OLED display. I never said it did. Let's just let the matter rest.
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by Penuelseun(m): 3:45pm On May 17, 2020
BayoNath:

It's ok. The point is that Looka TV has a crystal clear display which is shocking for a TV of it's price range.

I didn't have to use a blueray player since I play straight from my flash drive. So that your point is moot.

And yes it doesn't have an OLED display. I never said it did. Let's just let the matter rest.
Ok bro, one love
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by anthonyuncle(m): 5:22pm On May 17, 2020
BayoNath:

Correction...TCL is more popular than it. Comparing fellow new brands like Bruhm to Looka does not make you sound smart.

It just shows that you're among the fakers who condemn a product they've never used.

You're just hyping TCL because you heard it's very popular in the US.

And that's the difference between us. As a product analyst, it's my job to know products and not just read about them.

guy u are da one that is trying to hype a brand here.

u have not even given a spec on dz ur looka.

do u even know da frequency or resolution?

u call urself a product analyst (I laugh) - self acclaimed.

u ain't even up to my buckles in that field
Re: Looka 32 INCH TV Review by anthonyuncle(m): 5:23pm On May 17, 2020
sweetmb4real200:
Please I need a tv set with price range of 75k-85k, 40 or 43 inches. please can you advise which product i can go for ? Bruhm , Uka , Tcl , Polystar etc

tcl...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dell Xs270 For Sale / early Mac Book Air At Giveaway price / Brand New Hp Mini Laptop 250/1gb @ 48k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.