Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,463 members, 7,836,828 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:18 PM

UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG (1061 Views)

Liverpool Players Celebrated Barcelona Win Inside Their Dressing Room / Luis Suarez Receives Bite From His Son After Barcelona Win LaLiga Title / Former Napoli Coach Sarri Chooses Chelsea Over PSG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Jokerman(m): 7:22pm On May 16, 2020
Barcelona stunned PSG with a late comeback in the 2016-17 Champions League

Forward Luis Suarez won a contentious penalty which led to Barca's fifth goal

UEFA have acknowledged the display of Deniz Ayekin was not up to scratch

German referee Ayekin could reportedly face further punishment from UEFA

UEFA have acknowledged that referee Deniz Aytekin 'failed in the performance of his duties' during Barcelona's comeback victory against PSG in 2017.

The historic comeback, when Barca came back from a 4-0 first-leg deficit to win 6-1 on the night at the Nou Camp, finished with drama and controversy after three late goals sent Barca through.

In particular, Luis Suarez winning a penalty, which resulted in Barca's fifth goal in stoppage time, was contentious and UEFA have acknowledged as such, with the referee could reportedly facing potential further penalties.

UEFA's Disciplinary Committee, as reported by French outlet Onze Mondial, said Aytekin 'failed in the performance of his duties' on March 8 2017 in the Champions League round-of-16 clash.

European football's governing body considered a demotion for the referee, and the French club also lodged a formal complaint outlining all the mistakes of Aytekin that night.

It is unknown why the complaint took three years to be handled and the admittance will not come as any consolation to PSG players and fans.

That year, Barcelona were knocked out in the quarter-finals by a Juventus side who would go on to lose in the final to Barca's fierce rivals Real Madrid.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8326313/Referee-Deniz-Aytekin-failed-performance-duties-Barcas-victory-against-PSG-2017.html?fbclid=IwAR1XfWktT9Yf1Uz0lEUmozVq2tE9UhnEDWlOuUU1516dj2KiDpV5BZRHWKc

Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Tobichuks08: 7:29pm On May 16, 2020
Uefalona, we knew so it is not a new thing and we are not so suprise, just like alot of messi ballon d'or thas he won without champions league or any major trophy unlike Ronaldo that's has few ballon d'or with out major trophy.

1 Like

Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Jokerman(m): 7:35pm On May 16, 2020
Tobichuks08:
Uefalona is not a new thing so we aren't so suprise, lots of messi ballon d'or has been won without champions league or any major trophy unlike Ronaldo that's has few ballon d'or with out major trophy.

Only 2013... Ronaldo won without winning the UCL.

As for Messi... 2010 greatest robbery, 2012 and 2019, no UCl, no Copa , no world cup but still won ballondor.....
Even Blatter had to admit that golden ball (2014 world cup) was a joke...

Uefalona against Chelsea in 2009, was so painful angry
Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Tobichuks08: 7:38pm On May 16, 2020
Jokerman:

As for Messi... 2010 greatest robbery, 2012 and 2019, no UCl, no Copa , no world cup but still won ballondor.....

We are on same page bro, Barcelona is a shame to football, the hype around messi is just for branding, he knows this so he can't move an inch out of camp nou, without messi there is Barca, without barca there is no messi.
Where is lalastica

1 Like

Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Lilcentt(f): 7:41pm On May 16, 2020
after receiving good banging, luggard ask is wife to name anything she want him to do and she foolishly said join that two British colony together and name it Nigeria because they are around Niger area!
can you imagine!!! can you now see where our problem in this country is coming from?

Fuvk Nigeria
Fuvk Biafra

let us divide and go back to northern and Southern Nigeria... light has nothing to do with darkness. we have nothing to do with those abokis
Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Jokerman(m): 7:47pm On May 16, 2020
Tobichuks08:
We are on same page bro, Barcelona is a shame to football, the hype around messi is just for branding, he knows this so he can't move an inch out of camp nou, without messi there is Barca, without barca there is no messi.
Where is lalastica

Of cos.... No wonder the names uefalona and fifalona grin
Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by chiboy1116: 11:27pm On May 16, 2020
Jokerman:

are u fucking kidding me ? Does winning the UCL guarantee the golden ball ? If no be say football these days de bleeped up . U even dared to mention 2012 ,wtf , no player in the world was close to Lionel Messi in 2012 , I repeat no player in the world , a player that had more goals and assists than most top teams in EPL ? this says a lot about your person . I no go de disturb myself de answer u again sef . U to de talk nonsense .

2 Likes

Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by chiboy1116: 11:28pm On May 16, 2020
Tobichuks08:
Where is lalastica
without Barca there's no Messi ? Lol just listen to yourself . You must be really really slow . Lmfao .
Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Jokerman(m): 7:36am On May 17, 2020
chiboy1116:
are u fucking kidding me ? Does winning the UCL guarantee the golden ball ? If no be say football these days de bleeped up . U even dared to mention 2012 ,wtf , no player in the world was close to Lionel Messi in 2012 , I repeat no player in the world , a player that had more goals and assists than most top teams in EPL ? this says a lot about your person . I no go de disturb myself de answer u again sef . U to de talk nonsense .

Barcelona fan. Eni4real na him I dey copy with lie lie grin...

Moreso, top goal scorer and assister like luiz Suarez have won nothing and no individual trophy to show for it.... No even laliga best player even though his assist ratio is higher than that of Messi
Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by Nobody: 1:47pm On May 17, 2020
Jokerman:

Moreso, top goal scorer and assister like luiz Suarez have won nothing and no individual trophy to show for it.... No even laliga best player even though his assist ratio is higher than that of Messi
How many UCL top scorer has Luiz Suarez won in his career??
Stop comparing Suarez to Messi!!

He is not even among the Top 50 player of all time!!!

Luiz Suarez will have to be better than Luiz Suarez (The Spain one, Original Suarez grin) before he can be compared with Messi!!!
Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by chiboy1116: 2:09pm On May 17, 2020
Jokerman:

2012? Lol Ur delusional man . And I am a Liverpool fan .
Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by EbukaHades10(m): 6:04pm On May 17, 2020
Medicine after death. How does this compensate PSG?

I knew I wasn't paranoid bcus the questionable calls were very glaring.

Well,

Re: UEFA Admit Referee Failed In Performance In Barcelona Win Over PSG by hinohsend: 6:06pm On May 18, 2020
These guys and fake news...

(1) (Reply)

Meaning Of (1:0) X And (0:1) X In Bet9ja. / Make Good Profit From Basketball, Football And Tennis Tips From A Reliable Sourc / 12.83 Betking Odds From Excel24 Whatsapp Group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.