Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,388 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child (1039 Views)

What Is The Weirdest Thing You Have Seen In Someone Else House? / What's The Weirdest Thing You Have Ever Done To Collect Money From Your Parents? / Share Some Funny Things You Did As A Child (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by BeautyUdoka(f): 8:29pm On May 16, 2020
While growing up, i was more of a realistic and less-playful kid but a faulty mindset i grew up with was thinking that i and my peers were never gonna grow up and that we were never departing from ourselves.
The most stupid thing i did was peeing into the bathing water of my elder brothers while provoked.
Share yours..
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Omoluabi16(m): 8:47pm On May 16, 2020
I thought a you could get a woman pregnant when you kiss her too much.
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by donbachi(m): 9:16pm On May 16, 2020
I thought to appear on television screen..one will have to enter a very wide and long pipe,and enter inside the television.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:33pm On May 16, 2020
Omoluabi16:
I thought a you one could get a woman pregnant when you kiss her too much.

After I had my first kiss, I began to feel pregnant. I legit thought I was pregnant... was 17, then. I started hiding from my mum, so she wouldn’t notice the “pregnancy” symptoms. cheesy

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:39pm On May 16, 2020
As a growing child, I was a handful, though.
I was painfully curious about so many things, and I would go to any length to satisfy my curiosity.

My grandma’s bedroom was a treasure chest... whenever I go there, I’ll rummage through all her precious personal effects and leave everything in disarray.

I had an older cousin who lived with us; found out where she used to keep her diary, I’d always steal it to read. Whenever she travels to school, I’ll wear her pants and clothes and shoes and whatever else she left behind.

Once when she came home, she told my mum I was wearing the pants that she specially reserved for her period.

Choi! I was about 8/10. She was in her 20s, but quite petite. Lol. I was a really silly child.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Omoluabi16(m): 9:42pm On May 16, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

After I had my first kiss, I began to feel pregnant. I legit thought I was pregnant... was 17, then. I started hiding from my mum, so she wouldn’t notice the “pregnancy” symptoms. cheesy
hahaha. That bad? We were naive sha cheesy
I also used to wear my sisters gown till I was about 6!
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:43pm On May 16, 2020
Omoluabi16:
hahaha. That bad? We were naive sha cheesy

I don’t even know where that foolishness stemmed from... after all my Biology classes.

I guess it was just guilt from kissing, though. Made me overthink things.
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Omoluabi16(m): 9:48pm On May 16, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I don’t even know where that foolishness stemmed from... after all my Biology classes.

I guess it was just guilt from kissing, though. Made me overthink things.
Yeah, guilt. And maybe movies too.They'd show kissing, next a pregnant woman.
Zero explicit scenes.
I was passing a Video club with a poster of a naked couple doing the do. I didn't even know sex involved the organs. Na so my precious innocence take end. Curiosity began to kill.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 9:55pm On May 16, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Yeah, guilt. And maybe movies too.They'd show kissing, next a pregnant woman.
Zero explicit scenes.
I was passing a Video club with a poster of a naked couple doing the do. I didn't even know sex involved the organs. Na so my precious innocence take end. Curiosity began to kill.

Lol. I argued this thing once with a friend, too when I was a lot younger.

I said married people need only to sleep on the same bed when they are married, and the pregnancy will just happen.

I also thought babies came out from the buttocks because that was what my mum told me! cheesy

3 Likes

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Omoluabi16(m): 10:06pm On May 16, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

I said married people need only to sleep on the same bed when they are married, and the pregnancy will just happen.

I also thought babies came out from the buttocks because that was what my mum told me! cheesy
Heii. Were you among those they told if a boy touches you, you get pregnant? grin the baby passage own, was my belief too.
Other stupid stuffs like the sun always following me, avoiding taking a s*** after eating cakes and sugar because I was scared I'll pass out worm
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:15pm On May 16, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Heii. Were you among those they told if a boy touches you, you get pregnant? grin the baby passage own, was my belief too.
Other stupid stuffs like the sun always following me, avoiding taking a s*** after eating cakes and sugar because I was scared I'll pass out worm

Nahh. My mum’s version was “don’t enter into a man’s house.” “Once you start going to a man’s house, you’ll get pregnant.”

Without fully understanding why, I began to perceive men’s houses as slaughter houses! Even when I got into Uni and had a boyfriend, it was a battle to get me to visit him at home. Lol. Dude was patient sha. I had a male neighbour who was like a brother, but enter his room, no way!

Mental conditioning is a real matter, trust me. cheesy

6 Likes

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by ibkayee(f): 10:20pm On May 16, 2020
Stole my mum's wedding ring to flex with at school, when she was scrambling up and down looking for it I lied that I didn't know where it was. I ended up dropping it down a window onto some roof thing by accident, I was freaking out about how I would get it back without getting caught for a few days, then I decided to climb down to get it myself without anyone seeing me and raising alarm (imagine an adult seeing a little kid casually on a roof). I managed to get it without anyone seeing me, then I placed it somehwere for her to 'find' lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Hathor5(f): 10:29pm On May 16, 2020
donbachi:
I thought to appear on television screen..one will have to enter a very wide and long pipe,and enter inside the television.

cheesy
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Hathor5(f): 10:36pm On May 16, 2020
Nice thread. smiley
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Omoluabi16(m): 10:45pm On May 16, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Nahh. My mum’s version was “don’t enter into a man’s house.” “ Once you start going to a man’s house, you’ll get pregnant.”

Without fully understanding why, I began to perceive men’s houses as slaughter houses! Even when I get into Uni and had a boyfriend, it was a battle to get me to visit him at home. Lol. Dude was patient sha. I had a male neighbour who was like a brother, but enter his room, no way!

I dey fear Nigerian mothers of those days oo.
True, mental conditions is something. It was their way of keeping kids on a tight leash, so they break away when you could figure things out on your own.
.Slaughter houses grin Men have suffered

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 10:52pm On May 16, 2020
Omoluabi16:
I dey fear Nigerian mothers of those days oo.
True, mental conditions is something. It was their way of keeping kids on a tight leash, so they break away when you could figure things out on your own.
.Slaughter houses grin Men have suffered

Lol. But generally it is important that we give our children all the necessary information... not half-baked admonition like that.

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Omoluabi16(m): 11:03pm On May 16, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Lol. But generally it is important that we give our children all the necessary information... not half-baker admonitions like that.
Of course you wouldn't tell your kids those stuffs today. Those half baked info were suited to the times and societies/environment/families we belonged to. And most times, it worked and we came out fine. Conservativeness won't work today, best we spill out everything or they will find out themselves.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by PrimadonnaO(f): 1:11am On May 17, 2020
Omoluabi16:
Of course you wouldn't tell your kids those stuffs today. Those half baked info were suited to the times and societies/environment/families we belonged to. And most times, it worked and we came out fine. Conservativeness won't work today, best we spill out everything or they will find out themselves.

Exactly.
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Merryglad(f): 8:48am On May 17, 2020
When I was a child I thought nepa was responsible for the lights of motorcycles and vehicles so whenever I get home and there is no light I get angry that humans don't have light at home but vehicles and motorcycles do

I also thought by eating a lot of eba a woman becomes pregnant
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by DonroxyII: 10:13pm On May 21, 2020
I thought God is a one white bearded man living inside the sky and Angels are responsible for helping him buying Akamu every morning and welcoming visitors grin grin ...

I was just below 7yo with hot inquisitive mind ...
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Nobody: 10:23pm On May 21, 2020
DonroxyII:
I thought God is a one white bearded man living inside the sky and Angels are responsible for helping him buying Akamu every morning and welcoming visitors grin grin ...

I was just below 7yo with hot inquisitive mind ...
now what do you think?
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by DonroxyII: 10:26pm On May 21, 2020
BLUELemon:
now what do you think?
God is beyond Human Imagination so I don't stress myself!

2 Likes

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by merieam16(f): 11:07am On May 22, 2020
dat giving birth is through d mouth
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by raquel97: 1:47pm On May 22, 2020
Was in JSS1 , came back from school and was very hungry with no cooked food in the house. I decided to try out something odd cheesy cheesy, brought out yam flour, added maggi, salt and pepper and fried(lol), it was horrible grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Stargurl20(f): 3:16pm On May 22, 2020
Thought the numbers of children parents have will determine how rich they will be in future. Lol
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Yohans(m): 3:20pm On May 22, 2020
I was in primary 3 and I thought that sex wasn't needed before a woman can get pregnant.
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Stargurl20(f): 3:29pm On May 22, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Lol

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Munzy14(m): 4:00pm On May 22, 2020
Yohans:
I was in primary 3 and I thought that sex wasn't needed before a woman can get pregnant.
A lot of us where on this table till house help corrupt us...cheesy

I will tell mom then, to eat well so her stomach can grow big for her to poo out a baby..grin

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Munzy14(m): 4:01pm On May 22, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by goodnewscliff(m): 4:11pm On May 22, 2020
I felt special nd like a superman coz d sun was following me..... Felt theres something about me dat unique from others like a mission i came to fulfill.... I could not be From this world chaaiiiii cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin
Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Mariangeles(f): 4:19pm On May 22, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

grin grin grin

Me, I thought babies were given at the hospital.
You eat, belly grows big, you go to the hospital, they hand you a baby, then you come back home with a new baby and a not-so-big tummy.

1 Like

Re: What's The Most Senseless Thing You Thought/Did As A Growing Child by Mariangeles(f): 4:21pm On May 22, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Nahh. My mum’s version was “don’t enter into a man’s house.” “Once you start going to a man’s house, you’ll get pregnant.”

Without fully understanding why, I began to perceive men’s houses as slaughter houses! Even when I got into Uni and had a boyfriend, it was a battle to get me to visit him at home. Lol. Dude was patient sha. I had a male neighbour who was like a brother, but enter his room, no way!

Your mother did a very good job. grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

1.5hp Midea Air Conditioner For Sale-80k / Do You Know This Man / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.