Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:19 AM

Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa (24720 Views)

Cross River PDP Receives 5,000 APC Returnees From One Senatorial District / LASG Gives N20,000 Each To 2nd Batch Of 315 Returnees From South Africa / Labour Cancels Planned Strike In Ondo As Governor Pays Six-month Arrears. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Kobicove(m): 12:52am On May 17, 2020
Did he pay out of his personal resources?

The proper heading should be "Lagos State Government pays..." undecided
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Drizzy5001(m): 12:53am On May 17, 2020
Nice one.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by obataokenwa(m): 1:03am On May 17, 2020
The most lazy and incompetent governor. What's he doing with all the billions if test centers won't be scattered all over Lagos...be ahead of the pandemic with constant and rapid test and we curtail it. I wish I can have my way sha. It's well

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by cnonyechi(f): 1:11am On May 17, 2020
[quote author=STREETSAN post=89629712]Nothing special. It's tax payers money to start with [/quot

Really? So if the governor decides not to pay tax payers will sue him abi?
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by obataokenwa(m): 1:16am On May 17, 2020
@cnonyechi....Talk with sense
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by TheGoodJoe(m): 1:54am On May 17, 2020
Melezenawii:
Why some Governors are blocking their own citizens from entering their States. Lagos is now responsible for other states inactions for their own people . What do you get back from the gesture? They will iditarod for abuses and chest beating .

Some ignominious ignoramus COVIDIOTS will even have the audacity to say God is cursing and punishing SW with COVID 19 , knowing fully well majority of people bringing the disease to Lagos and being quarantined are their brothers and sisters .

When you check , the list of Donors, alas, they were found wanting save original Northern and Western Regions.

How many States did Buhari give N10 Billion for Covid-19? Only Lagos.

No further remarks.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by thatigboman: 1:57am On May 17, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
God bless you sir. Even if they are all from the South East.

They remain your sons and brothers. I just hope that Igbos will appreciate this kind gesture.

they are your yoruba brothers and sisters that were deported from Germany and Russia. U know your people always travel from Accra, so they deported them back to Accra.
Dont ask me how I know
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by azeezengr(m): 2:02am On May 17, 2020
Sanwoolu baba,. The Corona-Governor General. I hail o
O
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by SoNature(m): 2:29am On May 17, 2020
Staphylococcus:
When some people see the expenditure of their state on this pandemic, A revolution might start immediately.

Anyways, Its a good gesture in right direct

Stop using that word in Nigeria

Nigerians are cowards

If this country was going to have a revolution, it would have happened a long time ago
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Staphylococcus: 2:35am On May 17, 2020
SoNature:

Stop using that word in Nigeria

Nigerians are cowards

If this country was going to have a revolution, it would have happened a long time ago

Sincerely, You are right.

Apologies...

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Naijalitz(m): 2:39am On May 17, 2020
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by cuteboy2: 2:49am On May 17, 2020
So what is Federal Govt doing with the over N37billion donated by companies and billionaires if they cannot bear the cost to quarantine repatriated Nigerians?

LASG is now bailing out Federal Govt.
This cap in hand begging mentality of Buhari's government is getting out of hand

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Nobody: 2:50am On May 17, 2020
Did he use Lagos money ?
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Nobody: 2:51am On May 17, 2020
cuteboy2:
So what is Federal Govt doing with the over N37billion donated by companies and billionaires if they cannot bear the cost to quarantine repatriated Nigerians?

LASG is now bailing out Federal Govt.
This cap in hand begging mentality of Buhari's government is getting out of hand

Are you saying that buhary is a begging government ?
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by cuteboy2: 3:23am On May 17, 2020
Naughtysite:

Are you saying that buhary is a begging government ?

Abike Dabiri's Diaspora Directorate and External Affairs issues are under the control of Buhari's Federal Govt, why should they wait for a state government to come and bail them out?

I read somewhere that Minister for Health is asking repatriated Nigerians to pay for the cost of their quarantine. No other nation on earth does that during this pandemic

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Ajibel(m): 3:37am On May 17, 2020
brownemmanuel43:
Before nko, why won't he pay, after cashing out in billions. Another way of telling lagosians on how he spent the billions been given to him. So far, sanwo is the richest governor

He's not obliged to pay in the first instance.

And sanwo-olu in a recent interview says LASG hasn't spent up to 10 billion naira since this pandemic started.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by ybn(m): 3:51am On May 17, 2020
STREETSAN:
Nothing special. It's tax payers money to start with

It is special because even FG has asked returnees from Thailand to pay for their quarantine.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Joefat: 4:05am On May 17, 2020
@AbikeDabiri can't even composed simple English headline. Chaii

God collect my English and give me money..

Kudos to G. Sanwoolu. More strength in Jesus name.

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Modikko(m): 4:10am On May 17, 2020
People’s hypocrisy on this platform stinks. If Government pays people will complain, If Government chooses not to pay still people will complain. Please what is it that pleases you people.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by articlewriter: 4:24am On May 17, 2020
Quarantine in Badagry, why not Lekki?
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by funkyhappy: 4:38am On May 17, 2020
hope he use his personal money.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by NOETHNICITY(m): 4:43am On May 17, 2020
Biafranguy1:
If he no py na me go pay. Shhh angry
And cownu couldn't pay for anybody

1 Like

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by susanplant101(m): 4:56am On May 17, 2020
Hi, Sir, Ma, Am Dr Ifagbemi Aberuagba Traditional Herbalist Doctor, What do you really need? Call Or WhatsApp +2348131931670 if you need Spiritual assistant .
(1)instant money without human blood
(2)business to move forward
(3)marriage problems
(4)promotion in work place
(5 )court Case
(6 )traveling to abroad
(7)when you want powerful
Notice : we can do work for you and send it to you through post office ship and pay after you see your work.

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Dewisedick: 4:57am On May 17, 2020
President General of Lagos State, Nigeria.

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Atittude: 4:59am On May 17, 2020
afroniger:
Very good. They should also remember those stranded in S.A. Stranded Nigerians are running out of money abroad o.
Those in SA are paid weekly with palliatives.
Spoke with my brother's family 2 days ago and they confirmed it.
What an organized country with good leaders.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Ballotelle(m): 5:10am On May 17, 2020
It ought to be a normal thing... But past failures has made norm to look special. Cause its his duty but if doesn't we would be looking mumulish noni
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by Obipat(m): 5:43am On May 17, 2020
STREETSAN:
You don't deserve a good thing
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by maasoap(m): 5:49am On May 17, 2020
Staphylococcus:
When some people see the expenditure of their state on this pandemic, A revolution might start immediately.

Anyways, Its a good gesture in right direct

Those people should pray to make it through first.
Re: Lagos Governor Pays For Quarantine Of Nigerian Returnees From West Africa by merits(m): 5:53am On May 17, 2020
STREETSAN:
Ok let me check 9ja constitution for that.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

‘Blame Ganduje If Anything Happens To Me' - Jaafar Jaafar / Amaechi: "I Was Broke, My Friend Gave N200m After I Prayed, Fasted For 3 Months" / Fire Guts INEC Headquarters In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.