Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:57 PM

Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria (37229 Views)

Total Sharia Implementation : APC And Buhari Using Kaduna As a "Test Ground" / Buhari Calls For A Total Sharia In Nigeria (Published 2001) / Buhari Called For Total Sharia In Nigeria In 2001 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nsiman(m): 1:56pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ abagworo, then why do want to vote buhari due to his fight against corruption after over 22yrs, buhari may have change from fighting corruption now.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 2:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
I can't believe Beaf posted this bunch of lies and i am impressed with the way Buhari has handled this matter ever since. he has come out openly deny this, quoting exactly what he said at the book launch which government-sponsored media men misquoted and propagated. Despite all this, the man has only talked about issues since he started contesting elections in this country, he has even refused to be joined on the zoning or pro-zoning issues. Beaf, (and the GEJ Campaign team will soon start) has resurrected this wrong perception on the unblemished, corruption-scared personality called Buhari. it is such an act of cowardise to use this in your campaign, and if i were Buhari, you and your co-horts should be charged for defamation of character. because you cannot trace corruption to this man, you begin to tag him an islamist. anybody that falls for your image slander is intellectually down, because Nigeria is too diverse for a religion to prevail. even Osama Bin Laden or Omar of Sudan could not impose Islam on the Southern Sudan. Buhari is more wise and old enough to know that no single religion can dominate this country, this is not the time of Othman Dan Fodio when we had no national army. Maybe it is the Nigerian army, which is filled with xtians, atheist, muslims, traditionalists, that will lead this agenda for him. Look for something else to say Mister and stop playing religious game, like your GEJ who blocked all roads just to attend Redemption and take personal picture with Pastor Adeboye, a place he has not been to in 13 years.

Buhari has been to all the bishops in the country, wrote them personal letters in 2007 on this matter, hence we have not lived up to our christian values to hear and believe his side of the story. It is sickening to be a christian in this fold, i confess as a christian. Is it GEJ that refused to arrest Uduaghan (when removed by court) who was mentioned in the case that jailed ibori'S wife in UK, gave akala, sylva of all people automatic tickets, is frollicking with Anenih who threatened delegates from SOUTH SOUTH in the presence of GEJ, is backed by Obasanjo, offered SNG $50,000 transport money in Aso Rock, spend NGN 10 billion on October 1 celebration, continue to grapple with security challenges Jos and even Abuja, makes confusing statements on critical national matters, blatantly denied zoning when he was part of the arrangement, has a wife who is using her NGO to fund her husbands' campaign (backed with facts i can't put on this thread), agreed for speaker and senate president to buy their official residence, made a useless Gbenga Daniel a campaign coordinator, set up more federal universities when the ones we have have not been fully built to their capacity in almost average 20 years of creation. released a senate leader on murder charges in less than 24 hrs and flew him on a chartered plane from ibadan to abuja. is this your messiah? someone who has commited more errors in less than one year than any president we ever had!

Continue to live in that gentle mien of an inept, corrupt president, who offered $7000 to each delegates for votes. I wonder whether it was he or atiku that offered someone who lost a brown envelop containing foreign currency at the eagles square event. CPC , ACN other parties did their elections, exchange rate did not falter. PDP did theres and the exchange rate went gaga! theives,
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 2:14pm On Jan 15, 2011
Why i am with Buhari. General Mohammadu Buhari, @ 69, is still more honest than my best friend because: he was minister of petroleum & head of NNPC when we built our largest refineries, he was governor of North-Eastern States, he was Military Ruler of this country, and he was PTF Chairman during the Abacha years, yet he remain an average Nigerian with modest retirement income, cows and four houses (the records are there). Here is a man who jailed the corrupt politicians of the 2nd republic, get people disciplined for unruly behaviour, refused to accept IMF's offer of loan which finally crippled this country, fought drug lords to near-death, made mistakes with good intentions to clamp on the press - the press is also guilty of corruption anyway. in infrastructure, no other living Nigerian in governance can lay claim to his project management skills in delivering the refineries in the late 70's, and building, rehabilitating health centres, schools and constructing roads in PTF. And the amazing part is the refineries were built in three years, and PTF also existed for 4 years, yet so much was achieved! It was the period of PTF I knew Nigeria's money could work. with little percentage of our oil revenue, i saw my village's untarred road in deep black, shinning tar! I saw hospitals with enough drugs, beds, clothings, i always saw as i am seeing in Lagos. He had his flaws, but merely studying this man including different articles and criticisms of his personality and style of governance, i conclude that this man is not a muslim fanatic, not a corrupt man, but an uncompromising human being who stands for what he believes in. this is what is lacking with Jonathan, Atiku and all the other gladiators. We have been brainwashed with the 'vices' of Buhari. what makes buhari a religious fanatic? what makes him more of a coup plotter than jerry rawlings who overthrew governments twice but left cleaning up the mess in Ghana? is it Jonathan or atiku or PDP as whole that is as honest at this man? Let me state Jonathan's corrupt tendencies since coming to power - he offered Tunde Bakare 50000 dollars in aso rock, his wife's women for change innitiatives is a massive billion-naira war chest being used for political campaign, he bargained with mark and bankole to buy Nigeria's official residence in exchange for Lawmakers' bloc vote in PDP primaries, he has given all PDP governors (corrupt or not corrupt) automatic 2nd term ticket, he failed to arrest Uduaghan who was mentioned in Ibori's case file that has been used to jail his wife & aides, ensured he won the delta rerun, he has not found anyone corrupt since the case of ibori, billions of dollars was shared on December 31, 2010, 14 days to date it was to be shared, but early enough for PDP primaries! all these shows that he can tolerate corruption as long as it does not affect his ambition for power. Jonathan has had more scandal in less than a year than perform to our expectation! atiku is another case of corruption one does not need to overflog. all the allegations i hear people raise against buhari has been addressed by Buhari himself, unlike Babangida that has refused to say what happened to June 12. ours is to research very well on this man and form our opinion. Buhari has the best credential of all because he meets the basic requirement of what Nigeria really needs. someone who will be uncompromising in the fight against corruption. Nigeria can never develop or her people be straight in their dealings if corruption is not wiped out and corrupt people jailed. we need to wake up and realize that Jonathan is popular because of incumbency factor, as was abacha, babangida, obasanjo, yaradua. if we want to know who is popular for who he is not what he is, watch buhari walk the streets of the north and see the massive crowd of poor people that follow him. the poor masses of the north, including my maigaurd who has never seen buhari, inspires me that those who have integrity but do not have money can be voted into power. And you know why I support Buhari instead of Ribadu, they are both alike, but Ribadu will end up being a younger Buhari who in 1983 was a little too exuberant in driving out corruption. But the old and wise Buhari, like the Old wine, is now sweeter but bitter to corruption. Nigerians need to see beyond the gentle mien of goodluck jonathan and see a man who has shown he is desperate to hold on to power. Jonathan denouncing the same zoning arrangement that made him vice president was simply dishonest. admitting it and then asking for concession should have been the honest way, and if the party refuses then he could have still pushed ahead like he is doing now, but all Nigerians would have understood that it is his party that is stubborn. The rest of the country must emulate the talakawas of the North, who call Buhari 'THE MAN OF TRUTH', not the man of wealth because he practices what he preaches - he doesn't jump queue in Filling stations! Nigerians, we need to think deep and take that leap of faith to vote for this man, do not think that the vote will not count, do not believe the people who have tagged him a muslim fanatic - Nigeria is to complex for a sharia state. we must stand up for a basic requirement for this office of the president - INCORRUPTIBILTY AT ALL COSTS! This is what can take Nigeria far. No matter the idea, no matter big our plans are, if there are leakages in our treasury, nothing can work. I know in our minds we think of the 66 suit cases, the 2.8 billion naira missing in NNPC, the Fela inprisonment, the Nduka Irabor inprisonment. But I admire one thing, Buhari defends his actions! I will not go into this. search for his interviews and make your judgement . Idiagbon was the face of that regime and people say he did the job, but we forget that power does not tolerate a vice outshining his master. Idiagbon performed because Buhari saw him capable and allowed him to be the face of the government. In summary, go north and south, east or west, this man does not deny his deeds, good or bad, and that is integrity! He is my last card for Nigeria, and I will play it with my thumb in April. I dont want a younger generation of mine because we are not tested, and the few - Rufai, Fanikayode, soludo, fayose, oni, saminu turaki, bankole, etteh - have all shown that they can not be trusted. and do not think that a Tayo Aderinokun, and the shinning lights in private sector can do better in government, because it takes the highest level of TESTED INTEGRITY to function in Nigeria's corridors of power which is filled with temptations that can make you sin and get away with it!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by ayusman16(m): 2:15pm On Jan 15, 2011
dont believe Buhari made that statement. He is one Nigerian that has earned my respect. He is a distribalised person who believes in d unity of dis country. This is just a cheap political gimmicks 4rm GEJ camp.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by cap28: 2:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
buhari, ibb, danjuma are all members of the northern oligarchy who are serving the interests of the sokoto caliphate (and the western powers) not the nigerian people as a whole, dont forget that ibb secured nigeria's membership of the OIC in 1986 despite the fact that almost half of nigeria's population are christian.

goals of OIC member states -  to serve the  common political, economic, and social interests  of muslim states.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organisation_of_the_Islamic_Conference#Positions
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2011
@ cap28, so how can Buhari who has not been on talking terms with IBB until recently in Abuja when OBJ, in his usual pretentious ways, reconciled them. I can't see how this 2 can be promoting same agenda when they dont see eye to eye. and which agenda? i can't believe we are still playing ethnic card in this age. so what stops a notherner from thinking a southerner is not going to impose christianity on them. look for another thing to say, oga. the basic requirement is integrity, consistency of character, honesty, old or new breed.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Beaf: 2:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

I can't believe Beaf posted this bunch of lies and i am impressed with the way Buhari has handled this matter ever since. he has come out openly deny this, quoting exactly what he said at the book launch which government-sponsored media men misquoted and propagated. Despite all this, the man has only talked about issues since he started contesting elections in this country, he has even refused to be joined on the zoning or pro-zoning issues. Beaf, (and the GEJ Campaign team will soon start) has resurrected this wrong perception on the unblemished, corruption-scared personality called Buhari. it is such an act of cowardise to use this in your campaign, and if i were Buhari, you and your co-horts should be charged for defamation of character. because you cannot trace corruption to this man, you begin to tag him an islamist. anybody that falls for your image slander is intellectually down, because Nigeria is too diverse for a religion to prevail. even Osama Bin Laden or Omar of Sudan could not impose Islam on the Southern Sudan. Buhari is more wise and old enough to know that no single religion can dominate this country, this is not the time of Othman Dan Fodio when we had no national army. Maybe it is the Nigerian army, which is filled with xtians, atheist, muslims, traditionalists, that will lead this agenda for him. Look for something else to say Mister and stop playing religious game, like your GEJ who blocked all roads just to attend Redemption and take personal picture with Pastor Adeboye, a place he has not been to in 13 years.

Buhari has been to all the bishops in the country, wrote them personal letters in 2007 on this matter, hence we have not lived up to our christian values to hear and believe his side of the story. It is sickening to be a christian in this fold, i confess as a christian. Is it GEJ that refused to arrest Uduaghan (when removed by court) who was mentioned in the case that jailed ibori'S wife in UK, gave akala, sylva of all people automatic tickets, is frollicking with Anenih who threatened delegates from SOUTH SOUTH in the presence of GEJ, is backed by Obasanjo, offered SNG $50,000 transport money in Aso Rock, spend NGN 10 billion on October 1 celebration, continue to grapple with security challenges Jos and even Abuja, makes confusing statements on critical national matters, blatantly denied zoning when he was part of the arrangement, has a wife who is using her NGO to fund her husbands' campaign (backed with facts i can't put on this thread), agreed for speaker and senate president to buy their official residence, made a useless Gbenga Daniel a campaign coordinator, set up more federal universities when the ones we have have not been fully built to their capacity in almost average 20 years of creation. released a senate leader on murder charges in less than 24 hrs and flew him on a chartered plane from ibadan to abuja. is this your messiah? someone who has commited more errors in less than one year than any president we ever had!

Continue to live in that gentle mien of an inept, corrupt president, who offered $7000 to each delegates for votes. I wonder whether it was he or atiku that offered someone who lost a brown envelop containing foreign currency at the eagles square event. CPC , ACN other parties did their elections, exchange rate did not falter. PDP did theres and the exchange rate went gaga! theives,

Dude, if you want to say something about Beaf, go ahead and do it. Whats the crap about the GEJ campaign team? I don't work for anybody.
if you had a single fact, you would have been kind enough to tell us of what transpired at the sharia book launch you assumed he made the comments.

For your information, he didn't make the comments my article reported at a book launch, rather they were made at a sharia seminar, please learn to read:

Buhari made the latest comments at a seminar organised by the Supreme Council for Sharia in Nigeria, a newly set up body attended by northern state governments and Islamic scholars.

The rest of your post is just more of the same sort of rumours and untruths. Deal with it dude, Buhari is a religious crackpot that has no business attempting to represent all Nigerians. He is a bigot of the worst sort.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by cap28: 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
having said that if i had to choose i would go for  buhari over jonathan (and im a southerner) in as much as i would hate to live under the oppressive sharia laws that buhari would want to implement throughout nigeria if he had his way , I still regard him as being more honest and disciplined with better leadership skills when compared with Jonathan who is nothing more than an incompetent errand boy for the US.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 2:26pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Why i am with Buhari. General Mohammadu Buhari, @ 69, is still more honest than my best friend because: he was minister of petroleum & head of NNPC when we built our largest refineries, he was governor of North-Eastern States, he was Military Ruler of this country, and he was PTF Chairman during the Abacha years, yet he remain an average Nigerian with modest retirement income, cows and four houses (the records are there). Here is a man who jailed the corrupt politicians of the 2nd republic, get people disciplined for unruly behaviour, refused to accept IMF's offer of loan which finally crippled this country, fought drug lords to near-death, made mistakes with good intentions to clamp on the press - the press is also guilty of corruption anyway. in infrastructure, no other living Nigerian in governance can lay claim to his project management skills in delivering the refineries in the late 70's, and building, rehabilitating health centres, schools and constructing roads in PTF. And the amazing part is the refineries were built in three years, and PTF also existed for 4 years, yet so much was achieved! It was the period of PTF I knew Nigeria's money could work. with little percentage of our oil revenue, i saw my village's untarred road in deep black, shinning tar! I saw hospitals with enough drugs, beds, clothings, i always saw as i am seeing in Lagos. He had his flaws, but merely studying this man including different articles and criticisms of his personality and style of governance, i conclude that this man is not a muslim fanatic, not a corrupt man, but an uncompromising human being who stands for what he believes in. this is what is lacking with Jonathan, Atiku and all the other gladiators. We have been brainwashed with the 'vices' of Buhari. what makes buhari a religious fanatic? what makes him more of a coup plotter than jerry rawlings who overthrew governments twice but left cleaning up the mess in Ghana? is it Jonathan or atiku or PDP as whole that is as honest at this man? Let me state Jonathan's corrupt tendencies since coming to power - he offered Tunde Bakare 50000 dollars in aso rock, his wife's women for change innitiatives is a massive billion-naira war chest being used for political campaign, he bargained with mark and bankole to buy Nigeria's official residence in exchange for Lawmakers' bloc vote in PDP primaries, he has given all PDP governors (corrupt or not corrupt) automatic 2nd term ticket, he failed to arrest Uduaghan who was mentioned in Ibori's case file that has been used to jail his wife & aides, ensured he won the delta rerun, he has not found anyone corrupt since the case of ibori, billions of dollars was shared on December 31, 2010, 14 days to date it was to be shared, but early enough for PDP primaries! all these shows that he can tolerate corruption as long as it does not affect his ambition for power. Jonathan has had more scandal in less than a year than perform to our expectation! atiku is another case of corruption one does not need to overflog. all the allegations i hear people raise against buhari has been addressed by Buhari himself, unlike Babangida that has refused to say what happened to June 12. ours is to research very well on this man and form our opinion. Buhari has the best credential of all because he meets the basic requirement of what Nigeria really needs. someone who will be uncompromising in the fight against corruption. Nigeria can never develop or her people be straight in their dealings if corruption is not wiped out and corrupt people jailed. we need to wake up and realize that Jonathan is popular because of incumbency factor, as was abacha, babangida, obasanjo, yaradua. if we want to know who is popular for who he is not what he is, watch buhari walk the streets of the north and see the massive crowd of poor people that follow him. the poor masses of the north, including my maigaurd who has never seen buhari, inspires me that those who have integrity but do not have money can be voted into power. And you know why I support Buhari instead of Ribadu, they are both alike, but Ribadu will end up being a younger Buhari who in 1983 was a little too exuberant in driving out corruption. But the old and wise Buhari, like the Old wine, is now sweeter but bitter to corruption. Nigerians need to see beyond the gentle mien of goodluck jonathan and see a man who has shown he is desperate to hold on to power. Jonathan denouncing the same zoning arrangement that made him vice president was simply dishonest. admitting it and then asking for concession should have been the honest way, and if the party refuses then he could have still pushed ahead like he is doing now, but all Nigerians would have understood that it is his party that is stubborn. The rest of the country must emulate the talakawas of the North, who call Buhari 'THE MAN OF TRUTH', not the man of wealth because he practices what he preaches - he doesn't jump queue in Filling stations! Nigerians, we need to think deep and take that leap of faith to vote for this man, do not think that the vote will not count, do not believe the people who have tagged him a muslim fanatic - Nigeria is to complex for a sharia state. we must stand up for a basic requirement for this office of the president - INCORRUPTIBILTY AT ALL COSTS! This is what can take Nigeria far. No matter the idea, no matter big our plans are, if there are leakages in our treasury, nothing can work. I know in our minds we think of the 66 suit cases, the 2.8 billion naira missing in NNPC, the Fela inprisonment, the Nduka Irabor inprisonment. But I admire one thing, Buhari defends his actions! I will not go into this. search for his interviews and make your judgement . Idiagbon was the face of that regime and people say he did the job, but we forget that power does not tolerate a vice outshining his master. Idiagbon performed because Buhari saw him capable and allowed him to be the face of the government. In summary, go north and south, east or west, this man does not deny his deeds, good or bad, and that is integrity! He is my last card for Nigeria, and I will play it with my thumb in April. I dont want a younger generation of mine because we are not tested, and the few - Rufai, Fanikayode, soludo, fayose, oni, saminu turaki, bankole, etteh - have all shown that they can not be trusted. and do not think that a Tayo Aderinokun, and the shinning lights in private sector can do better in government, because it takes the highest level of TESTED INTEGRITY to function in Nigeria's corridors of power which is filled with temptations that can make you sin and get away with it!

Holy Chit !   What does it all mean ?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Lagosboy: 2:27pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Obejectity is an expensive trait and you are blessed with one.
I love your post

Sai Buhari!!!!!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 2:32pm On Jan 15, 2011
@lagos boy,

Please explain to Jakumo. maybe he will understand. not sure he read it though.

Beaf

Stop playing religious or ethnic card. it makes you a worse ethnic, religious bigot. Defend your candidates' corruption record. we will not allow GEJ and his campaign team to take over the net with their lies just as they are doing with facebook.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by cap28: 2:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

@ cap28, so how can Buhari who has not been on talking terms with IBB until recently in Abuja when OBJ, in his usual pretentious ways, reconciled them. I can't see how this 2 can be promoting same agenda when they dont see eye to eye. and which agenda? i can't believe we are still playing ethnic card in this age. so what stops a notherner from thinking a southerner is not going to impose christianity on them. look for another thing to say, oga. the basic requirement is integrity, consistency of character, honesty, old or new breed.

thanks for enlightening me about the fact that buhari and IBB have not been on speaking terms until recently, although i can guess what it was about!!! i personally would not be on speakign terms with someone who toppled my administration!!

The point you made about Buhari refusing to take on IMF loans makes a lot of sense - that is probably why he was toppled and replaced with IBB who implemented the disastrous SAP programmes under the IMF's instructions.

I also agree with what  you say about Buhari's personal qualities - he does come across as disciplined and reasonably honest in comparison to the likes of OBJ and Jonathan  - thats why i added a further comment above about who i would chose if it were between Jonathan and Buhari.  On the whole we need  a fresh and younger more radical breed of leaders who have not been corrupted by power as i think its now time for these old men to accept that they have nothing new to offer the nigerian people.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 2:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Please explain to Jakumo. maybe he will understand. not sure he read it though.

You ain't lying dude.  More than ten lines without a paragraph break, and I start to get dizzy.  
With that fierce barrage you laid down up there,  I'm not sure if I'll need a bottle in front of me, or a frontal lobotomy.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 2:41pm On Jan 15, 2011
A vote for Buhari is a vote for an Islamic terrorist. Even the government led by Hamas - which can be considered a militant Islamic fundamentalist political movement -did not go as far as introducing Sharia law . Most Islamic countries today do not have this crazy Sharia authority, some are discussing the barn of burqa - yet in a religious diverse country like ours, -where it could be argued that Christians are more than Muslims- Buhari is calling for Sharia to be forced down the throat of non Muslim and at the same time seeking vote. It was the same guy that called on Muslims not to vote Christians. funny dude

And what does it matter if the statement was made 10 years ago - he was an adult then, right? more than 50 years of age when he made that statement. The guy is obviously a fanatic.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 2:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Cap28

Good talk. I would have loved to be with Ribadu, and if i am left with any other option other than Buhari, he should be the one, but Ribadu is a young buhari of 1983, he still needs to learn the political robes! why is dora not contesting for president, or is he more popular than Adams Oshiomole who is starting as a governor of edo state? I just feel he will make same mistakes (with good intentions) Buhari made in his time. Buhari is old, but wiser, and he had an unfinished business of cleansing Nigeria just as Jerry Rawlings did in Ghana. and I want him to finish this business. at 69, he is still mentally and morally fit.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 2:47pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jakumo, i guess you will find it extremely hard to read a wole soyinka book. and this is not a WAEC ENGLISH EXAM, bro, where all the commas, fullstop, hyphens are required, and i will be more patient if this is meant for the front page of Thisday newspapers where I once worked as a journalist.

If it gets you dizzy, well, i advise you take a bottle of johnie walker blue label to cure that
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 2:51pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Jakumo, i guess you will find it extremely hard to read a wole soyinka book. and this is not a WAEC ENGLISH EXAM, bro, where all the commas, fullstop, hyphens are required, and i will be more patient if this is meant for the front page of Thisday newspapers where I once worked as a journalist.

If it gets you dizzy, well, i advise you take a bottle of johnie walker blue label to cure that

I am in the process of taking that precautionary measure as we speak.   

Are you kidding me man ?  You are a journalist ?   You know what, I've always wanted to be an astronaut and brain surgeon, and with what I've heard today, I may yet stand as good a chance as anyone in embarking on both careers simultaneously.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 2:58pm On Jan 15, 2011
@yeswecan

Comparing Hamas with Buhari? nothing more to show you are far worse an ethnic bigot than any of them.

@Jakumo

You can combine profession of a drunk with that of a clown. and you are not hearing '', and with what I've heard to today, '' you are reading! that is my point. you can't be completely accurate when you are chatting, posting or sending text messages. i guess you dont use abbreviations when you send text messages You edit and edit and proofread? men, even Wole Soyinka is not that meticulous
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nsiman(m): 3:00pm On Jan 15, 2011
U guys are ignorant that nigeria has about five development plans. Since about 1985, nigeria adopted the development plans, till date no new plan has been made and all govt since then operate on that rail. DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING NEW, either from Ribadu, Buhari or any other except the plan is reviewed. That is why gej in his agenda/speech said those plans were not made by him, he met it and they were not implemented and he has started implementing it.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by cap28: 3:00pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

very good points made in your post sir,  further reinforcing my disgust for Jonathan and his cronies.  

One question though - given Buhari's track record with rooting out corruption and his intention in the early 1980s to bring notorious former drug baron IBB to book (hence IBBs toppling of his regime) what chances does he have now when the stakes are even higher?  I can tell you that there is no way the west will allow him to win - it will be a repeat of the Gbagbo fiasco in Ivory Coast, the US and britain are firmly behind lap dog Jonathan and his cronies - read this excerpt from a western analyst on Jonathan:

[b]Jonathan gave the US representative a complete account of his political plans to force Yar’Adua’s resignation, become interim president, dissolve the cabinet and hold new elections. He described his consultations with former presidents and military rulers over how to convince Yar’Adua to step down.

The ambassador encouraged the acting president to go ahead with these plans despite the danger of regional tensions or a north-south split within the country’s ruling elite, since Yar’Adua, a northerner, would be replaced by a southerner, Jonathan.

The acting president then agreed to allow the United States and Britain to provide “technical assistance” for the proposed election in 2011—in other words, the transition would be supervised by the former colonial master and the new neo-colonial boss.

To underscore the actual power relationship, Ambassador Sanders demanded assurances that the current head of the election commission would be removed, and Jonathan pledged to “have him out as soon as next month.”[/b]

Can you see how powerless Jonathan is? can you see who is really dictating the tune and calling the shots, now tell me how Buhari can stop the west from exerting the same level of control over himself without triggering overthrow of his regime (again)?

http://www.wsws.org/articles/2010/dec2010/nige-d10.shtml
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nsiman(m): 3:00pm On Jan 15, 2011
U guys are ignorant that nigeria has about five development plans. Since about 1985, nigeria adopted the development plans, till date no new plan has been made and all govt since then operate on that rail. DON'T EXPECT ANYTHING NEW, either from Ribadu, Buhari or any other except the plan is reviewed. That is why gej in his agenda/speech said those plans were not made by him, he met it and they were not implemented and he has started implementing it.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 3:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
Too many Nigerian lives have perished for the incompetence of these buffoons.
This man is clearly a fundamentalist and will turn Nigeria into a pariah nation if allowed to return.  

This coupist - the harbinger of our economic austerity and doom since 1983 must be encouraged  to eat like a glutton from the pot of electoral humiliation every 4 years as penance for truncating the second republic.  He had his chance to rescue Nigeria from 'imminent collapse' - and quite frankly he buggered it up.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 3:08pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Jakumo
you can't be completely accurate when you are chatting, posting or sending text messages. i guess you dont use abbreviations when you send text messages You edit and edit and proofread? men, even Wole Soyinka is not that meticulous

I find those cute but patently ridiculous text message abbreviations extremely difficult and time-consuming to decipher, Safari, so as a hard rule I NEVER use them under ANY circumstances, in order to preserve what literacy aptitude I posses.

Now, do let us please resume the noble gentlemanly sport of Ayatollah Buhari bashing. Pass me that tire-iron, somebody.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 3:12pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Nsiman

And so?

@Cap28

I assume there will be free and fair election in April; so the influence of the west will not matter. they can only try through economic espionage to frustrate a Buhari government. Funny enough though, i have seen a recent article where it is claimed US is supporting Buhari. whatever the case, Jonathan is not an option for America because in his government we have seen the biggest form of terrorism in abuja and jos! America wants someone who can hold the country in one piece!

As for fighting corruption now, a Buhari or Ribadu Presidency will be explosive in the first 2 years, we will witness loads of arrests because the thieves will fight through the national assembly, they will try to impeach him. But don't forget the EFCC is on the executive side, so even the sorrupt lawmakers know they can't toy with him.

Coup is no longer an option, so we can only see an impeachment, which EFFC will checkmate. dont be surprised you see have of the lawmakers in Jail!

I am ready for the drama, if that is what will kill corruption in this country.

@Jakumo

Great. A good encounter we had. Now that I understand you better, I will be careful when I write a PERSONAL note to you
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Jakumo(m): 3:17pm On Jan 15, 2011
SapeleGuy:

Too many Nigerian lives have perished for the incompetence of these buffoons.
This man is clearly a fundamentalist and will turn Nigeria into a pariah nation if allowed to return.

This coupist - the harbinger of our economic austerity and doom since 1983 must be encouraged to eat like a glutton from the pot of electoral humiliation every 4 years as penance for truncating the second republic. He had his chance to rescue Nigeria from 'imminent collapse' - and quite frankly he buggered it up.

The evocative, poetic beauty of the above text, to which I have taken the liberty of applying boldface, brought tears of deep appreciation to my eyes. You are a gentleman and a scholar, Sapele Man.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 3:36pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Sapeleguy

He had the chance for how many years? A fundamentalist you said? So educated people can still be fooled by fundametalism?

I appreciate your poetic, big-word contribution but the people who gave him 19 million votes in 2 elections think otherwise. And for me as a christian, I stand with an incorruptible muslim than a corrupt christian.

And what makes you a scholar? for mentioning auterity (Shagari) and doom (babangida's acceptance of IMF loan & SAP which Buhari rejected)? cant see anything brilliant in your twisting of history. What is wrong with auterity? South Korea closed it borders for decades and implemented austerity measures, only to open the borders at seoul '88 olympics for the world to behold the beauty.

Buhari, the coupist, yes, what about sankara, muritala mohammed, jerry rawlings, the coupists? being tagged a coupist is not bad, it is the intention for planning the coup that determines the position to place the coup plotters. And Buhari belongs to the people with the right intentions. which 2nd republic? is it that same one that a politician in government said we are not yet poor because he has not seen anybody eaten from the gutter?
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 3:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

@yeswecan

Comparing Hamas with Buhari? nothing more to show you are far worse an ethnic bigot than any of them.

@safari SA

Arrant nonsence - Hamas as a group is more moderate than Muhammadu Buhari can ever be. This is a group in a predominantly Islamic settlement where one would think it normal for Sharia to prevail yet common-sense regnant was applied. Your friend Buhari invokes sharia in a mixed country where religious tension have always been an issue even before independence and you are here talking rubbish.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by safariSA: 3:45pm On Jan 15, 2011
yeswecan

I am sure the same Buhari has brought Sharia to your state, abi? and the SSS and other security agencies have seen Buhari sponsoring terrorism, throwing bombs, cutting people's limbs. Or he wears beards like Osama Bin Laden, shouts Allah in public and burn the isreali flag. I don't seem to get you, am sorry. and i agree i am talking rubbish, because it is coming from a sentimental, illogical contributor.

So where is the Sharia today? I guess it is there in your house!
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 3:49pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

Buhari, the coupist, yes, what about sankara, muritala mohammed, jerry rawlings, the coupists? being tagged a coupist is not bad, it is the intention for planning the coup that determines the position to place the coup plotters. And Buhari belongs to the people with the right intentions. which 2nd republic? is it that same one that a politician in government said we are not yet poor because he has not seen anybody eaten from the gutter?

Keep displaying your ignorance - Buhari's coup was against a democratically elected government. IBB and Abacha were the aftermath of the coup you justified. I can only imagine where Nigeria would be today if that democracy was sustained to this moment.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 15, 2011
@Beaf

I have known since eons that Buhari has a Sharia agenda for the country.

Remember operation discipline for all about a decade ago ?  My reasoning is that anyone who intends to rule by force is a great danger to society at large.

My guess is he will never win.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by yeswecan(m): 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
safari SA:

yeswecan

I am sure the same Buhari has brought Sharia to your state, abi? and the SSS and other security agencies have seen Buhari sponsoring terrorism, throwing bombs, cutting people's limbs. Or he wears beards like Osama Bin Laden, shouts Allah in public and burn the isreali flag. I don't seem to get you, am sorry. and i agree i am talking rubbish, because it is coming from a sentimental, illogical contributor.

So where is the Sharia today? I guess it is there in your house!

Leaders have to watch what they say especially to impressionable islamist - more so because the Koran justifies terrorism. Going by your logic, Osama Bin Laden has never been directly involved in a suicide attack - his words however cause thousands to be willing to die for the Islamic course. So is Buhari and other northern fundamentalist making foolish statement that stair religious conflict.

Given the context of Nigeria been a mixed state, Buhari is worst for making such statements.
Re: Buhari Calls For 'TOTAL' Sharia In Nigeria by SapeleGuy: 3:58pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jakumo:

The evocative, poetic beauty of the above text, to which I have taken the liberty of applying boldface, brought tears of deep appreciation to my eyes.    You are a gentleman and a scholar, Sapele Man.

Jakumo, I troway salute. Your writing on this forum is 'top drawer' and brings joy to many. Keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Atiku Replies Buhari Organisation, Says President’s Camp Now Confused / Photos From Swearing In Of Emeka Ihedioha As Governor Of Imo State / Katsina Emir: "I Will Give My Blood To Protect Igbos"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 190
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.