Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,989 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:54 PM

Wikipedia Is Ten Years Old - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wikipedia Is Ten Years Old (521 Views)

Wikipedia Is Getting Broke?? / Yoruba The Most Popular African Language On Wikipedia - Jimmy Wales Co-Founder / Nairaland Is Now On Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wikipedia Is Ten Years Old by rockers: 1:39pm On Jan 15, 2011
Wikipedia, the San Francisco-based online encyclopedia, is 10 years old today.

The free-content project was launched by US entrepreneur Jimmy Wales on its own domain, wikipedia.org.
"I remember that first day," said Jimmy Wales in his speech marking the anniversary."I clicked on edit and I wrote 'Hello World' and that was the beginning of Wikipedia and all the things that have come since then."
The site was set up as an offshoot of

Read more: http://www./2011/01/wikipedia-is-ten-years-old.html#ixzz1B6hJ3hVa

(1) (Reply)

Programmer In Need Of A Software Reseller As Partner / All Together To Help Victims In Japan. / Webdesigners And Graphic Designer Wanted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.