Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,154 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help (6842 Views)

Blackout In Lekki, Ajah And Parts Of Victoria Island From Sept 7 - 9. / Anambra Youths Hold Clean Up Exercise In Awka And Environs(photos) / 24-Hour Curfew Declared On Kaduna Metropolis And Environs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by hedonister: 11:02am On May 17, 2020
Pls moderators, move to appropriate section as i don't know which section this fits into

So, basically, i have lived in Lagos Mainland most of my life and i'm more familiar with the area. But in recent times with the rise of rent in most parts of the mainland, i've been looking for a part of Lagos with relatively affordable rent. I know that some parts the mainland such as Iyana Ipaja, Abule Egba, Agbado, Alagbado and it;s environs are cheaper compared to areas in and around Ikeja. But the thing is that i really don't fancy these areas. I even know people that have moved to as far as Otta. These places do not tick my fancy.

I've heard a lot about Ajah, 3rd roundabout, Chevron Drive and i've never been to these places in my life. The farthest i've been to is probably second roundabout or the roundabut after Lekki Phase 1. I've noticed that a lot of people live in these places. How is it comparable in terms of quality of life and cost of living as compared to the mainland and how far are these places really?

I want to make a bolg move by moving to that part of Lagos if it actually presents what i want. I've been searching for houses online in places such as Badore, Sangotedo, Abraham Adesanya and the lots. How are these places really? Are they worth leaving the mainland for?

Thanks in anticipation.

Lalasticlala Mynd44 Dominique
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Goldencheese(m): 11:10am On May 17, 2020
If your mind is made up, then move. While Lagos is Lagos, if you want to expand your thinking, see a new world different from the Mainland, come to the Island. You will get a place in Badore, Sangotedo and others that you can afford depending on your budget. But the cost of rent for a 3 bedroom might be what you'll pay for a one-bedroom apartment. But is it worth it, you can say that again.

Come and see life!

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Karemarealty288(m): 11:18am On May 17, 2020
The only thing you will miss in mainland is water. Their clean water. If not moving over to Island is really life changing and peaceful.

5 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by tinsel: 11:30am On May 17, 2020
You are running away from cost and want to move to Island/Ajah? Think twice. You will double what you are spending now in mainland

11 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by hedonister: 11:31am On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:
If your mind is made up, then move. While Lagos is Lagos, if you want to expand your thinking, see a new world different from the Mainland, come to the Island. You will get a place in Badore, Sangotedo and others that you can afford depending on your budget. But the cost of rent for a 3 bedroom might be what you'll pay for a one-bedroom apartment. But is it worth it, you can say that again.

Come and see life!
Do you mean that the cost of a 3 bedroom in Ajah area is the same cost you would get a bedroom on the mainland?

Btw, how does AJah compare too Ikorodu because i've been to Ikorodu and i don't really like the place.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by hedonister: 11:32am On May 17, 2020
tinsel:
You are running away from cost and want to move to Island/Ajah? Think twice.
I'm not talking about Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Lekki and the likes.
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Goldencheese(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2020
No. I mean that the rent of 3 bedroom on the Mainland = the rent of 1 bedroom in Ajah.

You cannot compare Ikorodu and Ajah na. Haba.

Kpomo no be leather na.

Why?

hedonister:

Do you mean that the cost of a 3 bedroom in Ajah area is the same cost you would get a bedroom on the mainland?

Btw, how does AJah compare too Ikorodu because i've been to Ikorodu and i don't really like the place.
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by tinsel: 11:33am On May 17, 2020
hedonister:

He is telling you that the cost of one bedroom flat in island will be what you are paying for 3 bedroom in mainland

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Goldencheese(m): 11:33am On May 17, 2020
Thanks.
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by tinsel: 11:34am On May 17, 2020
hedonister:

I'm not talking about Ikoyi, Victoria Island, Lekki and the likes.
Even Ibeju is cosltier.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by hedonister: 11:36am On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:
No. I mean that the rent of 3 bedroom on the Mainland = the rent of 1 bedroom in Ajah.

Kpomo no be leather na.

Why?

Doesn't it depend on the part of mainland? I would understand places like Abule Egba and Alagbado but places around Ikeja are pricy.

Ikorodu just seems backward to me. No offence to people who live there.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Goldencheese(m): 11:41am On May 17, 2020
hedonister:

Doesn't it depend on the part of mainland? I would understand places like Abule Egba and Alagbado but places around Ikeja are pricy.

Ikorodu just seems backward to me. No offence to people who live there.

That is how you have them in grades on the Island. In some places, a 1 bedroom flat can cost a million bucks rent per year. The cost of a 1 bedroom apartment in Ikoyi, VI, Banana Island or Lekki Phase 1 & 2 is likely to be 2 to 5 times the cost of the same apartment in Ajah. And remember that serviced apartments cost more. But the environment, the quality of the people and everything are breathtaking.

Make your findings yourself na.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by hedonister: 11:41am On May 17, 2020
tinsel:

He is telling you that the cost of one bedroom flat in island will be what you are paying for 3 bedroom in mainland
I searched for a 3 bedroom flt in Ajah yesterday and for a very good house, i was seeing somewhere around 1.2 million which is the same price you would get a 3 bedroom flat of similar in and around Ogba/Ojodu.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Gandollar(f): 11:42am On May 17, 2020
Op wants to join the big boys league, welcome to my world.

When you move to the island, cost of living goes up. You will pay 20-50% more for goods and services. No good water in most places. Water logged. No good and experienced auto mechanic. Yahoo boys everywhere. Desperate girls.

If you have made some money and think it's time to step up, go and buy land. Buy land in Ajah and begin to build your own house.

10 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by hedonister: 11:43am On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:

That is how you have them in grades on the Island. In some places, a 1 bedroom flat can cost a million bucks rent per year. The cost of a 1 bedroom apartment in Ikoyi, VI, Banana Island or Lekki Phase 1 & 2 is likely to be 2 to 5 times the cost of the same apartment in Ajah. And remember that serviced parents cost more. But the environment, the quality of the people and everything are breathtaking.

All the best.
I know what the cost of houses are in Lekki Phase 1 and 2, VI, Ikoyi ad Banana Island. That's why i limited my question to places around Ajah and Ibeju Lekki.

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Goldencheese(m): 11:46am On May 17, 2020
hedonister:

I know what the cost of houses are in Lekki Phase 1 and 2, VI, Ikoyi ad Banana Island. That's why i limited my question to places around Ajah and Ibeju Lekki.

But I just told you now that they are in grades. What I am telling you is that it is cheaper in Ajah and environs. With a total package of N500k you can get a 1 bedroom apartment in a gated estate. Could be a little cheaper in less urbane areas in the same location.

I hope this helps.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by hedonister: 11:48am On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:

But I just told you now that they are in grades. What I am telling you is that it is cheaper in Ajah and environs. With a total package of N500k you can get a 1 bedroom apartment in a gated estate. Could be a little cheaper in less urbane areas in the same location.

I hope this helps.
Thanks for your help.

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by gigabytes: 11:48am On May 17, 2020
Guy come island, you’ll achieve your dreams quicker, though expensive but you will catch up and be better. You can also learn to invest in properties as islanders major businesses.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Powerintoxicate: 11:50am On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:

That is how you have them in grades on the Island. In some places, a 1 bedroom flat can cost a million bucks rent per year. The cost of a 1 bedroom apartment in Ikoyi, VI, Banana Island or Lekki Phase 1 & 2 is likely to be 2 to 5 times the cost of the same apartment in Ajah. And remember that serviced parents cost more. But the environment, the quality of the people and everything are breathtaking.

All the best.
local man what's breathtaking about Lekki or vi with flood every year? Rubbish

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Goldencheese(m): 11:50am On May 17, 2020
hedonister:

Thanks for your help.

You are very much welcome
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Goldencheese(m): 11:52am On May 17, 2020
Powerintoxicate:
local man what's breathtaking about Lekki or vi with flood every year? Rubbish

Me local man? Hahaha grin grin
But I wasn't rude na.
It's all good.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by pompo47: 12:26pm On May 17, 2020
Moving to ajah is not bad, places like badore, langbasa, ado areas quite peaceful and you will meet a lot people who also made the journey from the mainland.Try and avoid the okera area to many cult activities and the indigenes are bossy. To be honest badore has nice estates and the indigienes are very accomodating. You can see 3 bedroom old house from 450k to like 700 depending on its structure.Then 3 bedroom new house 650k to 1.2 or even more.Some are lucky to have clean water depending on the location of their boreholes. The other down side is the traffic on ado road to ajah can sometimes make u cringe.So u have to time yourself or take a bike when you have an important or impromptu engagement. But all in all you will not regret the move, the fresh air and the quietness u rarely enjoy in the mainland.Also when you move to those sides your mentality changes from renting to actually buying your own land and building your own property.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by byinks(f): 12:45pm On May 17, 2020
Maggento101:
I stay in Abraham Adesanya Estate,kind of peaceful

But that place is casted na..
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Jossyman0007(m): 1:49pm On May 17, 2020
Stop saying what u know. Where can u get a 1 bedroom apartment in ajah for for #500k?. Maybe u are talking about going as far as Ibeju Lekki.

I hope this helps.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by huptin(m): 2:10pm On May 17, 2020
Ajah is ok, but the traffic situation is horrific! And it is so every day even weekends, flood is also a big problem!

1 Like

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by justfash50: 2:45pm On May 17, 2020
@op

You can get a BQ in Shah/Ogombo for 250-400k.

However, why don't you look further to areas like Berger, isheri, Arepo and magboro.........

Arepo is more conducive and cheap in terms of food and commuting to work place.
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by Thisis2raw(m): 3:17pm On May 17, 2020
Goldencheese:

Kpomo no be leather na.

Why?

my brother how much is a self contain in that area?
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by SoNature(m): 3:36pm On May 17, 2020
hedonister:

I searched for a 3 bedroom flt in Ajah yesterday and for a very good house, i was seeing somewhere around 1.2 million which is the same price you would get a 3 bedroom flat of similar in and around Ogba/Ojodu.

Ajah is very expensive...but Lekki, VI and Ikoyi are worse. I live in Badore. You can also search online.

Focus your search on Lakowe, Sangotedo and Awoyaya. Houses are affordable over there.

If you come anywhere beyond Abraham Adesanya, it is expensive
Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by pompo47: 4:05pm On May 17, 2020
SoNature:

Ajah is very expensive...but Lekki, VI and Ikoyi are worse. I live in Badore. You can also search online.

Focus your search on Lakowe, Sangotedo and Awoyaya. Houses are affordable over there.

If you come anywhere beyond Abraham Adesanya, it is expensive

For that 1.2k you can see a 3 bedroom apartment with 6 in a compound in Agungi. So if u have that type of cash why go all the way to ajah.I would rather pay 1.2 for an old house with bigger rooms in agungi than pay 1.2 for a new house in ajah with their aki & paw paw rooms.Also when i say old house i mean they were built between 2010-2015. Also you beat all that traffic and the estates in agungi are really good and the flooding is not as they make it seem.Banana Island, Park view ikoyi and lekki 1 get their own flood problems also.

2 Likes

Re: How Does It Feel Living In Ajah And Environs? I Need Help by SadiqBabaSani: 5:17pm On May 17, 2020
Lagos is just too small in landmass yet d envy of many oda states

(1) (2) (Reply)

Catherine Acholonu And Her Redefiniton Of The Biblical Adam! / 10 Strategies And Techniques Of Social Manipulation / Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.