Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,172 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:34 AM

Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas (6848 Views)

Rehabilitation Of Nembe, Bonny, Bille Jetties In Port Harcourt Begins. Photos. / List Of Roads Lagos State Govt. Has Scheduled For Repairs / FG Begins Rehabilitation Of NNPC Depot In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by LocalChamp: 7:42pm On Oct 31, 2012
Yuletide: Jonathan orders rehabilitation of bad roads
On October 31, 2012 · In News 5:12 pm 0

Abuja – President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday directed the Ministry of Works to carry out immediate rehabilitation of all the dilapidated road infrastructure nationwide before the yuletide season.

The Minister of Communication Technology, Mrs Omobola Johnson, disclosed this while briefing the State House correspondents on the outcome of the Federal Executive Council (FEC) meeting presided over by the president.

One of the failed sections of the Lagos- Badagry Expressway between Trade Fare and Ojo military barracks
Johnson stood in for the Minister of Information, Mr Labaran Maku, who was on Good Governance Tour.

“As we moved into the Christmas period, you know there is going to be lot of travelling, as people will all go back to celebrate Christmas and New Year.

“Mr President has directed that the Ministry of Works to ensure that the key roads in the country are motorable and safe for all Nigerians to travel back home during the Christmas and the New Year period.’’

Speaking in the same vein, the Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, said the Council approved a special programme for prompt rehabilitation of all roads damaged by floods.

“As a result of heavy rains witnessed in all parts of our country this year couple with the overflow of rivers Niger and Benue, our road infrastructure across the country was impacted negatively.

“Today, the Federal Executive Council approved that a special programme for the maintenance and rehabilitation of major arterial roads in this country be immediately carried out by the Federal Ministry of Works.

“Today’s approval by FEC would ensure that all impacted road infrastructure are given the due attention.

“So in the next couple of weeks, we are going to be witnessing a massive roll-out on most sections of federal highways across the country consequent on this approval.

“I want to assure Nigerians that we would do all we can to ensure that the roads are made motorable again as to be able to guarantee safe and comfortable motoring to various parts of the country during the end of the year.’’

Onolememen said his ministry was already carrying out repairs on roads and bridges damaged by floods in Katsina, Kano, Plateau, Enugu and Port-Harcourt.

The minister said he also briefed the Council on the successful completion of rehabilitation of the third-mainland bridge in Lagos.

“Yesterday, we re-opened the bridge which was awarded for maintenance and specifically the repairs of the eight numbers defective joints approved by the FEC in November last year.

“The work was scheduled to be completed by Nov. 6 but however due to effective planning and monitoring of the construction works, we were able to achieve the feat about 10 days before the scheduled completion date.’’

He said the re-opening of the third mainland bridge had brought succour and relief to motorists in Lagos. (NAN)

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/yuletide-jonathan-orders-rehabilitation-of-bad-roads/

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by acidtalk: 7:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
We have heard.
Tell them to do it well oh!
Not the one that they will just pour sand, stone and coal tar then in 3months time it will be worse than how they met it.

Hope the contractors are collecting N2billion for a 2kilometer road oh?
Because Igbenedion was perfect at using N1billion for every kilometer.
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Areaboy2(m): 8:15pm On Oct 31, 2012
rehabilitate?? what crap!! we need fcking motor ways in that country and they are talking of rehabilitation!!! rehabilitate what?? no be when u get road you go talk of rehabilitation??

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Caseless: 8:25pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hmmm...my tough-talking and less action president is at it again. Talkin as if those ministers wld play to his directive. I'm sure this directive will further worsen the situation of the road than helping it...Keeping quiet without his empty directives wld have helped in this case. Smh

2 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Nightshift(m): 8:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
7weeks to do what Nigeria has failed to do in decades? Even aliens from Jupiter will not believe Mr. president!!

17 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by SisiKill1: 8:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
“I want to assure Nigerians that we would do all we can to ensure that the roads are made motorable again as to be able to guarantee safe and comfortable motoring to various parts of the country during the end of the year.’’
Hmmm, was this decision made after peppersouping and bigstouting or what is it the government officials do do these days. . .caviaring and champagneing?

Maybe it is me sha but the whole thing just sounds a little too afterthoughtal. I mean there is no sincerable plans in place to show their seriousness to complete the motorability of the roads for comfortable motoring especially during the christmasing season when the most traffiking occurs. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Elueme: 8:47pm On Oct 31, 2012
FERMA may not achieve the best but surely they will achieve some measures of repairs enough to prevent needless mishaps during the Yuletide... Good one mr president.
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by ITbomb(m): 8:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
Make una no come Port Harcourt Aba road o o. We like it that way
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Iaz93: 9:55pm On Oct 31, 2012
Hoping and Praying.
One day Nigeria would be better than Singapore
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by 234GT(m): 9:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
No christmas, no rehabilitation of roads!

4 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by killuminati(m): 9:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
Mr president is a stupid idi-ot sad

Why before fuccking christmas?!
What's so special about it? So if christmess never reach u no go do am? What a dunce!
You and ur advisers are nutin but bunch of mumus.

10 Likes

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by WildOne1: 9:59pm On Oct 31, 2012
UNTIL EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE, LET'S ENJOY THE NONSENSE!

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Nobody: 10:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
Jona, What did they slip into your drink now?!
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by WildOne1: 10:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
This is pure logic! and it will only get us from A-B, why can't they use their head and imagine? undecided
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by jbrodaly(m): 10:10pm On Oct 31, 2012
Elueme: FERMA may not achieve the best but surely they will achieve some measures of repairs enough to prevent needless mishaps during the Yuletide... Good one mr president.
So after the yuletide the roads won't be in use?
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by ichidodo: 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
OYA! REPAIR THOSE ROADS AS I WANT TO DRIVE MY HONDA PILOT TO MY VILLAGE FROM LAGOS. A.S.A.P!
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by ichidodo: 10:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
OYA! REPAIR THOSE ROADS AS I WANT TO DRIVE MY NEW HONDA PILOT TO MY VILLAGE FROM LAGOS. A.S.A.P!
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 31, 2012
My president,stop deceiving yourself,we all know that's just a propaganda.its not possible with these your corrupt cabinet.

The roads that have been abandoned since inception of this year,and you want to perform miracle in less than two months to rid it potholes.
In Nigeria,potholes is seen as a way of life.
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 31, 2012
There should be a mechanism for all these. Road construction, maintenance and repairs should have a road map.

Labour generation and productivity should also have it's own road map. Employment, housing, fighting corruption, oil and gas, inflastructure, sports, education, justice and rule of law, power, to mention but a few.

When you creat a clear, sincere and genuine road map for your government, you can go to bed knowing fully well that things are working and not ordering this person to do this and that person to do that.

No matter how hard you force me, i will never believe that you're an apprentice president. .

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by alonso2214(m): 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2012
Nightshift: 7weeks to do what Nigeria has failed to do in decades? Even aliens from Jupiter will not believe Mr. president!!
:-) :-) :-) this comment don make me laugh tire oh my GOD.
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 31, 2012
*sipping alomo and kwilikwili*...my country is filled with many dreaming dreams,buh few living their dreams. Jona is dreaming dreams
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by justsayemma(m): 11:07pm On Oct 31, 2012
He knows hw 2 tel Nigerians wat they want 2 hear.lata sum mugu go dey shout ride on mr president! May b na d rehabilitation him dey wait 4 b4 hm go release d sure p buses wey we c 4 tv.lie lie man
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by guddy4real: 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
justsayemma: He knows hw 2 tel Nigerians wat they want 2 hear.lata sum mugu go dey shout ride on mr president! May b na d rehabilitation him dey wait 4 b4 hm go release d sure p buses wey we c 4 tv.lie lie man
watch ur mouth pls
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by babalo1: 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
i think mr president should just shut the f## up and leave that office Immediately!!!
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by babalo1: 11:14pm On Oct 31, 2012
i think mr president should just shut d f.. up and leave that office Immediately!!!
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by VolvoS60(m): 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2012
LocalChamp: Yuletide: Jonathan orders rehabilitation of bad roads
On October 31, 2012 · In News 5:12 pm 0

President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday directed the Ministry of Works to carry out immediate rehabilitation of all the dilapidated road infrastructure nationwide before the yuletide season.

Speaking in the same vein, the Minister of Works, Mr. Mike Onolememen, said the Council approved a special programme for prompt rehabilitation of all roads damaged by floods.

“So in the next couple of weeks, we are going to be witnessing a massive roll-out on most sections of federal highways across the country consequent on this approval.

^^^^ The more things change the more they remain the same.

The Works Minister, like all the other philistines that Nigerian governments routinely appoint as scribes, is in love with the word "massive".

"Massive roll-out. Massive rehabilitation. Massive renovation. Massive recruitment. Massive production. Massive mobilization". And so on.

Sound and fury signifying nothing. angry

I guess we should prepare for more ceremonies to mark the successful completion of pothole filling and bush clearing exercises on federal roads. angry

Mediocre men.

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Kslib(m): 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2012
Our presido funny pass i go die..
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by james1(m): 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
This evening news:setraco is working seriously on the aba port harcourt road.they have been there for two weeks.
Travellers are happy about the developement.commendations greeting the contractors.
Nigeria is on track!
GEJ's administration is so on point!

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Austincrow(m): 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2012
After †Ђƺ repairs by January 1, 2013 †Ђƺ Minister of Petroleum Resources will Ϟ☺‎​​W̶̲̥̅̊ increase †Ђƺ pump price of PMS to N200 per litre as another new year gift.
God bless Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by largie(f): 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2012
Jonathan's middle name is joke.I am sure he does not have any idea about what road works entails
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by lacasa: 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
Abeg! This man should go and sleep jare.. angry
Re: Jonathan Orders rehabilitation Of Roads Nationwide Before Christmas by Roland17(m): 11:36pm On Oct 31, 2012
Are u kidding me Jonathan, 6-7 weeks before Xmas clueless Joe thinks a miracle would happen to roads nationwide, this further buttresses my perception about him. Your mates make Hay when the Sun shines ooo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of Sokoto State New Commissioners / Just One Billion Would Round Nigeria Population Five Times / Kano Hisbah Designs New Type Of Mannequin (picture)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.