Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,455 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:34 PM

Problem With My Sense Organ - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Problem With My Sense Organ (379 Views)

Lost My Sense, Of Smell And Taste Who Else Experienced It? / Help! I Suddenly Lost My Sense Of Smell. / How Can I Recover Back My Sense Of Taste And Smell? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Problem With My Sense Organ by NiklauseFred(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2020
I dont know if anyone has ever experienced this kind of a thing before.
Some days ago I had a mild form of headache,catarrh(congested nostrils) and runny nose.I didn't take any medications but as of yesterday, the ailment disappeared and I noticed that my sense organs ain't working right(like I dont smell anything and my tongue can't differentiate between tastes;i mean everything tastes neutral).
I even had to drop a cube of sugar in my mouth and swoosh it round my tongue but i still did taste anything,even 'lipton'leaves tasted neutral to me.
Pls has anyone ever experienced this kinda thing before? If yes ,did you take any medications or did it subside on it's own?

update

Guys I'm now okay.
My sense of smell and taste are now back!! And I never took any medications.

Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by SmallmebigGod: 11:09am On May 17, 2020
This is a very common symptoms of Covid. Google it. Try go for test

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by tonididdy(m): 11:09am On May 17, 2020
NiklauseFred:
I dont know if anyone has ever experienced this kind of a thing before.
Some days ago I had a mild form of headache,catarrh(congested nostrils) and runny nose.I didn't take any medications but as of yesterday, the ailment disappeared and I noticed that my sense organs ain't working right(like I dont smell anything and my tongue can't differentiate between tastes;i mean everything tastes neutral).
I even had to drop a cube of sugar in my mouth and swoosh it round my tongue but i still did taste anything,even 'lipton'leaves tasted neutral to me.
Pls has anyone ever experienced this kinda thing before? If yes ,did you take any medications or did it subside on it's own?

no taste, no smell.
also this is the 6th or 7th thread consign same issue on NL health section.
I hope this isn't lowkey covid19
I read in Cuba it is a rare symptom of the virus.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by kaptaintintin: 11:21am On May 17, 2020
U don turn zombi b dat o

2 Likes

Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by NiklauseFred(m): 12:44pm On May 17, 2020
tonididdy:

no taste, no smell.
also this is the 6th or 7th thread consign same issue on NL health section.
I hope this isn't lowkey covid19
I read in Cuba it is a rare symptom of the virus.

You kidding? undecided
Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by NiklauseFred(m): 12:45pm On May 17, 2020
kaptaintintin:
U don turn zombi b dat o

Hahaha be serious Mann! grin
Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by tonididdy(m): 1:39pm On May 17, 2020
NiklauseFred:

You kidding? undecided
nope.

1 Like

Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by favour442(m): 6:33pm On Jun 07, 2020
hi.. I'm having this same issues.. what did you take to cure it
Re: Problem With My Sense Organ by cbrezy(m): 11:48pm On Jun 07, 2020
favour442:
hi.. I'm having this same issues.. what did you take to cure it

me too for the past 5 days now I'm unable to small but I can sense bitter and sweet on my tongue.

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19, 226 New Cases Recorded In Nigeria Today 19 May, 2029 / Know These 5 Changes In Your Vagina After Sex / Nigerian Murderer In Indonesia By Indonesian Immigration Officers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.