Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,457 members, 7,819,667 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians (954 Views)

10 Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians.(Photos) / World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians / Top5 World Famous African Artists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians by solamakinde1: 1:06pm On May 17, 2020

Re: 25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians by solamakinde1: 1:09pm On May 17, 2020
Many people fail to realize that more than hand full of world famous celebrities are from Nigeria, you're surprised? yeah I was too, though most of them were born and bred abroad. With Africa as a whole rapidly gaining recognition across the globe, lot of Nigerians make their way to the forefront and are known for their works in the country, there are many more World famous Nigerian celebrities outside the country who have become very successful in the entertainment industries in America, Europe and beyond. Some of these Nigerians are well
known and celebrates in their various fields abroad and at home.

I am not sure most of us know the famous classic man known as 'Jidenna' he is a Nigerian (native Igbo)… Yeah! I know, I was shocked too. Jidenna Theodore Mobisson was born on May 4, 1985 in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin, to Tama Mobisson, a Caucasian accountant, and Oliver Mobisson, a Nigerian Igbo academic. Jidenna grew up partially in Nigeria, where his father was working as a professor of computer science at Enugu State University. When Jidenna was 6 years old, the family moved back to the United States.

After a careful study and research, I found out these 25 World famous celebrities you never knew were Nigerians

1. Carmen Elizabeth Ejogo

2. Zain Ejiofor Asher

3. Uzo Aduba

4. Dayo Okeniyi

5. Nonso Anozie

6. Hope Olaide Wilson

7. Richard Ayoade

8. Toks Olagundoye

9.Tracy Ifeachor

10. Sophie Okonedo

11. Hakeem Kae-Kazim

12. Jacob Taio Cruz

13. Adetomiwa Edun Babatunde

14. Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje

15. Wale

16.Caroline Chikezie

17. David Oyelowo

18. John Boyega

19.Olurotimi Akinosho

20. Chiwetel Ejiofor

21. Nnamdi Asomugha

22. Forest Whitaker

23. Dele Alli

24. Adepero Oduye

25. Tyler the Creator

Meanwhile, we know that the list of famous celebrities whose origin can be traced back to Nigeria is countless, so for this reason I implore you to add as many as you're sure of using the comment box below.

Get to see full post of the 25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians with pictures on my blog.

Source: https://www.quickgisterblog.com.ng/2020/05/world-famous-Nigerian-celebrities-.html
Re: 25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians by jansonn(m): 1:12pm On May 17, 2020
Also in the field of medicine like the famous Dr Bennet omalu. Painful the nation dont give opportunity for bright minds to thrive
Re: 25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians by Crixxx: 1:40pm On May 17, 2020
Ok
Re: 25 World Famous Celebrities You Never Knew Were Nigerians by yuswrld20(m): 12:57am On May 18, 2020
sade adu

(1) (Reply)

Cynthia Morgan Apologizes and Thanks Jude Okoye In An Open Letter (photo) / Lady Nails The Head Of Her 10-yr-old Maid. Tortures Her With Hot Pressing Iron / Breaking:nollywood Actor, Kanayo .O. Kanayo Becomes A Barrister At The Age Of 58

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.