Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,416 members, 7,819,496 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 PM

Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? (1882 Views)

Why Is Gender Equality Not Respected In Marriage? / Domestic Abuse: All The Women In These Pictures Are Dead! All Within 5 Months / Why Do Women Lose Interest In Sex After Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Donald3d(m): 8:03pm On May 17, 2020
doitforyou:

You’re a feminist then you should know the bolded doesn’t align with the core definition of feminism. There shouldn’t be any restriction or condition that would prevent equal access and opportunities.

A woman shouldn’t be denied a job because of an implicit bias (women are limited by pregnancy) 1. Not all women want children; 2. Not all pregnant women are too ‘weak’ to do their job.

OP, as long as there are men/women that believe women shouldn’t have equal access to opportunities and deny women their freedom of choice, feminism will always be needed. It’s one thing for laws to be passed, it’s another for them to be enforced. There are sexist people in positions of power and authority positioned to enforce those laws or not based on their bias. Also, every law has loopholes that can make discrimination perfectly legal, these are taken advantage of by sexist people. It’s a constant battle to call out discrimination, prosecute/sue the perpetuators and continue to fight for laws to close those loopholes.

Let's be reasonable ma'am
Its not safe for a pregnant woman to be on a construction or engineering site (if you are an engineer or if you have ever been to a site, you would understand what I am saying), its not safe for her and everyone involved. These are the limits I was talking about.Its not because she is a woman, its because she isn't fully fit to do the job.

Even if she is just a supervisor, it still not advisable. For example if a machine/vehicle operator loses control, how fast can she run ?. So, her being a woman has nothing to do with this, but her condition.

Its like saying a man who has boil under his armpit or on his hand (for example), should be aloud to operate a cutting machine. Its not safe. He is "compromised".

Engineering environments are not places where one can "gamble" and assume the person can handle it.

I am not sure how it works in the medical field, but I am guessing a physically pregnant surgeon would not be allowed to operate on someone's brain. Someone else would have to take her place, whether another woman or a man. So should we demand for equal rights because she was relieved of her job ?

I hope you get my point now.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Kaamisha: 8:06pm On May 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

forgot to mention, the reason the US women national team can NEVER be paid as much as men is because they can never be as good as men.

IS THAT NOT THAT SAME US WOMEN NATIONAL TEAM THAT WAS BEATEN 5-2 BY THE UNDER 15 (yrs old) FC DALLAS MALE TEAM?!?!?!

you cannot compare apples with oranges! the only way female footballers should receive the same salaries as men is if/when they will play against men (and win).

Oh oh oh now it is apples and oranges but when you gave all your examples on this thread you were not comparing watermelons with grapes. They generate more revenue so they deserve the greater share.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Kaamisha: 8:07pm On May 17, 2020
ThothHermes:
Stop spreading falsehood. Provide the link for the complete article.

A simple one minute google search will give you the article. You don't even need a high IQ to figure that out.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Gerrard59(m): 8:12pm On May 17, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Now that bolded part is what is ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT!
If we do the same job, we got the same qualifications, then we gotta get paid the same! What!

What freaking justifies paying the man higher? What exactly?

Yes, you ought to be paid more but if you decide to give birth to say four children, take a cumulative period of a year as maternity leave, negotiate poorly and don't follow certain steps or nitty-gritties to climb the corporate ladder, you cannot earn same amount as a man. Even in Scandinavian countries with all their equality laws, men earn on average more than women.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Gerrard59(m): 8:14pm On May 17, 2020
Hathor5:

So you agree that they are equal even though they are different. Apply the same logic to men and women and you will never again write "women and men are NOT equal".

Biologically, men and women aren't equal. Even in neuroscience analysis, they are different. These differences give rise to different way of thinking and choices they make on daily basis.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by doitforyou(f): 8:21pm On May 17, 2020
Donald3d:

No, I don’t get your point.

Are you saying because you think pregnant women can’t handle being on site so women shouldn’t be employed as engineers? So they shouldn’t be hired because of their sex?

If you had a company would you hire a female engineer?

I am not sure how it works in the medical field, but I am guessing a physically pregnant surgeon would not be allowed to operate on someone's brain. Someone else would have to take her place, whether another woman or a man. So should we demand for equal rights because she was relieved of her job ?
shocked
So a woman should be fired because she has to take a 3-6 months leave to give birth??

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Donald3d(m): 8:29pm On May 17, 2020
doitforyou:

No, I don’t get your point.

Are you saying because you think pregnant women can’t handle being on site so women shouldn’t be employed as engineers? So they shouldn’t be hired because of their sex?

If you had a company would you hire a female engineer?

I would most definitely employ a female engineer, if she has the qualifications.

But I wouldn't hesitate to place her on compulsory leave once its discovered that she is pregnant, or I would move her to the office and keep her away from the field.

I never said female engineers should not be hired.

Have you seen a pregnant woman bending down to carry something before ? She has to bend "with her side"

Now imagine a pregnant woman lifting a bag of cement or a 30-50kg object.

They are some jobs where efficiency can't be gambled with.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by doitforyou(f): 8:34pm On May 17, 2020
Donald3d:

I would most definitely employ a female engineer, if she has the qualifications.

But I wouldn't hesitate to place her on compulsory leave once its discovered that she is pregnant, or I would move her to the office and keep her away from the field.

I never said female engineers should not be hired.

Have you seen a pregnant woman bending down to carry something before ? She has to bend "with her side"

Now imagine a pregnant woman lifting a bag of cement or a 30-50kg object.

They are some jobs where efficiency can't be gambled with.
Oh ok!! Absolutely! A pregnant woman should definitely be given a leave of absence to give birth to her child, we aren’t going to carry placards for that. Maternity leave is one right feminists fought for.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Hathor5(f): 8:46pm On May 17, 2020
Gerrard59:

Biologically, men and women aren't equal. Even in neuroscience analysis, they are different. These differences give rise to different way of thinking and choices they make on daily basis.

undecided undecided Where did I say they were biologically the same? undecided undecided

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Hathor5(f): 8:53pm On May 17, 2020
jelel6:

That's an acceptable definition of equality on the surface. But when we begin to pick and apply it on a case by case basis, we soon find out what we truly should clamour for is not equality, but equity and fairness

Are any two individual truly EQUALS? whether two male and female? Because the way most define equality, they really mean we should give people equal REWARDS. Sadly, no society can truly strive on that. Even if we do that, we invariably become unfair to another party.

Going by your definition, (we are not to consider fairness, we just give them equal rewards or opportunities irrespective of glaring circumstantial differences) lets assume in a fictitious state, the law says every citizen is entitled to collect a Mango fruit directly from the tree 15 meters high. As every child is born, the state rewards them with a 5 meter stick. Hence, they need only to grow 5 metres to Collect their birth right. You and I know not everyone of those children will get to claim thier birthrights. That's EQUALITY. But not JUSTICE, EQUITY or FAIRNESS.

I've intentionally not make any reference to gender thus far. I'm not for gender bais.

Personally, I was surprised when I discovered that the actress playing the role of Queen Elizabeth on the television series the crown was paid way less than her co-star, who played her husband. That was not right and clearly, she was the focal point of the show and her reward should have reflected that.

Now, you can figure what I think when the U.S Women football team demands equal pay with the mens team.

I can only wonder if you think they should be paid equally here too.

I already regret coming to this thread but I don't want to ignore your post because you took your time to write it and to share your thoughts. I know the difference between equality and equity. This difference has also been long discussed in the context of schools and the assessment of students. I think the word fairness, as you said, is what it boils down to eventually.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:58pm On May 17, 2020
Kaamisha:
Oh oh oh now it is apples and oranges but when you gave all your examples on this thread you were not comparing watermelons with grapes. They generate more revenue so they deserve the greater share.

we are still talking about why men and women dont have true equality, right?

let me educate you on the subject, as you seem to not understand football politics:
A) 80% of the USSF revenue comes from sponsorship, TV, licensing and gate receipt from national team games.
B) in 2019, the US Male national Team (USMNT) earned $16.4M in gate revenue while the US Female National Team (USWNT) earned $12.6M FACT!!!!!
C) you were quick to quote the year 2016 (aka the year after the USWNT won the WC) to try to make it look like these women bring more money, but sadly thats a direct confirmation that they dont. let me explain....pls pay attention: here you have a USWNT who won the WC in 2015, are considered one of the best team in the world, ranked #1 in the world, won 4 WC and 4 Olympics gold medals, yet are bringing just about as much money as their male counterpart (who back in Jan 2016 were ranked 32nd in the world)..... and there you have it: the best USWNT ever, is just as bankable as the lamest ever USMNT. they dont have the same value because believe me when i tell you that, the day the USMNT wins the WC, they will generate hundreds of Millions (if not BILLIONS) in revenue... and thats why they will never be viewed equally.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by crackland: 9:13pm On May 17, 2020
Mtcheeeeew... Feminists?

If you give them all the rights on earth, they will ask for rights on Jupiter.
Then if you tell them to design the rockets themselves to enable them get to Jupiter, they'll say you are inconsiderate for not being attuned to their feelings and needs.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by bukatyne(f): 9:15pm On May 17, 2020
Why are we arguing that male football generates more revenue than female football?

How many women would watch women's football viz a viz the number watching male football?

It is like arguing male fashion show/modeling show would generate more revenue that female dominated shows.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by crackland: 9:17pm On May 17, 2020
bukatyne:
Why are we arguing that male football generates more revenue than female football?

How many women would watch women's football viz a viz the number watching male football?

It is like arguing male fashion show/modeling show would generate more revenue that female dominated shows.
Tor cheesy

I learnt the above from you BTW grin
Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by doitforyou(f): 9:59pm On May 17, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

we are still talking about why men and women dont have true equality...
This isn’t about FIFA.

Obviously, worldwide, men’s soccer is way more popular and profitable than women’s soccer.

This is USWNT vs USSF. This is a lawsuit about wages paid from the purse of the USSF.

USWNT and USMNT are contracted to play 20 games in a year, players on the roaster are paid yearly from a purse contributed by both.

Since 2015, USWNT has earned more for the purse. Unlike the rest of the world, Women’s soccer is more popular than men’s soccer in the US. Canada 2015 final is the most watched World Cup final in the US. More people also watched France 2019 than they did Russia 2018. The women’s team is way more popular in the US because they are the most successful women’s team in the world.

USMNT has publicly expressed their support of the lawsuit. Also, they haven’t ‘lost’ the new trial was supposed to be in June, another date to be announced.

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by ThothHermes: 10:19pm On May 17, 2020
Kaamisha:

A simple one minute google search will give you the article. You don't even need a high IQ to figure that out.
Why not help me? You are about to be called out on your crap. I know you can't read properly.

Humour me grin
Provide the link

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by jelel6: 10:37pm On May 17, 2020
Hathor5:

I already regret coming to this thread but I don't want to ignore your post because you took your time to write it and to share your thoughts. I know the difference between equality and equity. This difference has also been long discussed in the context of schools and the assessment of students. I think the word fairness, as you said, is what it boils down to eventually.

Regrets? Haha.
It's all good though.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Kaamisha: 10:59pm On May 17, 2020
ThothHermes:
Why not help me? You are about to be called out on your crap. I know you can't read properly.

Humour me grin
Provide the link

Only if you dare quote me with your main moniker. grin
Attention Deficit Disorder is real!
Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by cococandy(f): 11:18pm On May 17, 2020
along with the added advantage of generally getting preferential treatment over men in any courtroom.
These societies in fact still absolve women from certain responsibilities at the expense of men.
Falsehood

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by cococandy(f): 11:19pm On May 17, 2020
Hathor5:

Feminism has never been about biological differences. Equality does not mean that women want to have a penis or flex muscles with men.
When Black people wanted the same rights as white people, nobody claimed they all wanted to bleach themselves.
thanks wink

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by cococandy(f): 11:23pm On May 17, 2020
doitforyou:

You’re a feminist then you should know the bolded doesn’t align with the core definition of feminism. There shouldn’t be any restriction or condition that would prevent equal access and opportunities.

A woman shouldn’t be denied a job because of an implicit bias (women are limited by pregnancy) 1. Not all women want children; 2. Not all pregnant women are too ‘weak’ to do their job.

OP, as long as there are men/women that believe women shouldn’t have equal access to opportunities and deny women their freedom of choice, feminism will always be needed. It’s one thing for laws to be passed, it’s another for them to be enforced. There are sexist people in positions of power and authority that are supposed to enforce these laws. Also, every law have loopholes that can make discrimination perfectly legal, these are taken advantage of by sexist people. It’s a constant battle to call out discrimination, prosecute/sue the perpetuators and continue to fight for laws to close those loopholes.

Very well said

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:46am On May 18, 2020
doitforyou:
Obviously, worldwide, men’s soccer is way more popular and profitable than women’s soccer.

This is USWNT vs USSF. This is a lawsuit about wages paid from the purse of the USSF.

USWNT and USMNT are contracted to play 20 games in a year, players on the roaster are paid yearly from a purse contributed by both.

Since 2015, USWNT has earned more for the purse. Unlike the rest of the world, Women’s soccer is more popular than men’s soccer in the US. Canada 2015 final is the most watched World Cup final in the US. More people also watched France 2019 than they did Russia 2018. The women’s team is way more popular in the US because they are the most successful women’s team in the world.

USMNT has publicly expressed their support of the lawsuit. Also, they haven’t ‘lost’ the new trial was supposed to be in June, another date to be announced.

how long do i have to educate you on the subject before you understand the nature of football?!?!? it has all to do with how much money you are bringing in...basta! here is some more facts for you to understand:
- the purse from USSF is 80% made of sponsorship, TV, licensing and gate receipt from national team games...
- although women soccer may be more popular in the US, it DOES NOT bring more money than male soccer to the USSF. as i told you already, the USWNT brought 12.6M in 2019 in gate revenue while the USMNT earned 16.4M.... even though the USWNT are ranked best in the world and the USMNT is useless.

- Fox and telemundo had to pay 1Billion dollars for the US TV rights for the men WC for 2018 and 2022, as a bonus they got the Women WC and U16 for free, lol.
- the women WC in 2019 brought $100M in commercial ads to Fox/Telemundo, while the men WC in 2018 brought $350M
- the women WC in 2019 had an average 992M viewers in the US, while the men WC in 2018 had 2.3M average viewers in the US.
- it is obvious that more people would watch the women WC finals in the US (since the US team was in the final) duh... but does that make the USSF earn more money from them?! absolutely NOT!

- US National Women Soccer League (NWSL) is weak as hell with an average of 7500 people per match in attendance in 2019, while the US men major league soccer (MLS) had an average of 21305 people per match in attendance for 2019.
- opening weekend of the MLS was viewed by 500K people in the US while the NWSL had only about 100K.
- MLS TV rights was bought for $90M (per year) for the next 8yr roughly, while the NWSL are not even profitable, even though it is the best female football league in the world.

- US female soccer players are not paid by their local teams (since they are not profitable) so they are paid by the NWSL, while the teams in the MLS are making so much money that they pay their players whatever they are worth.
- it is obvious that MEN soccer in the US has much more value than WOMEN soccer (thus bringing more money to the USSF), therefore expecting women to get as much money as men is a JOKE!

-BTW, the men WC prize money for all participating team in the Russia 2018 WC was a whooping $400M to be shared between the 32 teams, the women WC total prize money was only $30M (less than 5% of men purse).
- France won the men WC in 2018 and got a $35M prize money while Croatia took home $25M. the US women team won the WC in 2019 and they got $4M in prize money (less than 12% of men prize)... but here is the funniest fact: by finishing in the top 16th in 2014, the USMNT made twice as much money ($9M) than the USWNT has ever made in any tournament prize money (even though they are 4times WC champions). so again, do not mix banana with microphone.
as i said, it has nothing to do with how successful the USWNT is OR how many people decide to watch them play, but it has all to do with how much money female soccer in the US is bringing to the USSF purse...

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Arthur2021: 8:13am On May 18, 2020
bukatyne:

in my sec school days I was the captain of my school football team and also sports prefect. The girls were always complaining that there is no football team for women.

I spoke to the principal,she agreed we set up a football team for ladies. They were to come on a Saturday to register their names, do some workout then screening will take place.

I went on Saturday to the school field,sat under sun for more than 3 hours and I saw no single woman.

Wherenever the school had a match and they offer us refreshment (just crate of mineral and cabin biscuits),this girls will complain

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Arthur2021: 8:21am On May 18, 2020
Hathor5:

One more time, you said that men and women are not equal and this is why you made a mockery of the equality movement. And I am telling you this: even though men and women are DIFFERENT, they are EQUAL before the law. The black/white people example was only used to highlight that biological differences are not what equality is about.

You don't know me so stop the name calling. I am not the one complaining about equal pay here and you have no idea how I behave on dates. I was just correcting the misconception that feminists do not acknowledge biological differences. Peace!
if they are equal before the law why do women get lesser sentences for the same crime a man will commit get s full sentence?

7 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Arthur2021: 8:44am On May 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:

forgot to mention, the reason the US women national team can NEVER be paid as much as men is because they can never be as good as men.

IS THAT NOT THAT SAME US WOMEN NATIONAL TEAM THAT WAS BEATEN 5-2 BY THE UNDER 15 (yrs old) FC DALLAS MALE TEAM?!?!?!

you cannot compare apples with oranges! the only way female footballers should receive the same salaries as men is if/when they will play against men (and win).
if the wage gap really existed and women actually work on the same rate and intensity as men don't you think women will be triple in the work force than men?I mean why would a sane employer employ a man he has to pay higher and waste money instead of paying women that will do same work for a lesser amount?
This clowns don't reason.

If men and women get equal pay then trust me lots of females will be sacked,it will be a loss on the employer to always have excuses like "I have to pick my child from school" "my child is ill" "I can't carry this, it is too heavy" etc...why can't I have a staff I can call anytime to travel to the worst creek and slum of the state out of the blue ?

Don't expect them to give you a response on the models getting paid higher,nurses,etc

They ignore the points where they have upper hand and quote the point they don't.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Arthur2021: 8:59am On May 18, 2020
Before I identified as a feminist,but when I realised:
1)they don't want equality but just women empowerment
2)if you give them the millionth right they will have something to complain of
3)they always play down men plights by using frequency of occurrence,revenge tactic(shebi men have been doing it in the past),refusing to accept a woman can ever wrong a man.it may be past oppression, or he is not saying the entire truth or is it not his fellow men that set the rule that hurts him

The bolded was the last straw that changed my views on them . Before I will assume not all feminists are bad. But when I noticed the bolded in all of them,I wrote them off.

Egalitarianism is the way not feminism or men rights movement. If they want it forced on their needs alone then none of them should called mgtow,redpill,MRMs misogynistic.
Let everyone fend for themselves as they have chosen to fend for themselves!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by emmaodet: 11:39am On May 18, 2020
Arthur2021:
if the wage gap really existed and women actually work on the same rate and intensity as men don't you think women will be triple in the work force than men?I mean why would a sane employer employ a man he has to pay higher and waste money instead of paying women that will do same work for a lesser amount?
This clowns don't reason.

If men and women get equal pay then trust me lots of females will be sacked,it will be a loss on the employer to always have excuses like "I have to pick my child from school" "my child is ill" "I can't carry this, it is too heavy" etc...why can't I have a staff I can call anytime to travel to the worst creek and slum of the state out of the blue ?

Don't expect them to give you a response on the models getting paid higher,nurses,etc

They ignore the points where they have upper hand and quote the point they don't.

Hmmmmmmmmm
Preach broda

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by postmann: 2:12pm On May 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
now for all the people who are quick to look at this issue "their" female way, let us all look at it from a male perspective.
both male and female are treated unfairly in society.... here below is a few example of when we MEN are treated unfairly in society (and women are quiet about it):

- if a man has sex with a woman, condom breaks and she gets pregnant, whether the man wants that child or not is irrelevant because A) if the woman does NOT want that child (and the man does), then there is nothing he can do, B) if the woman wants that child (and the man doesnt), then there is still nothing a man can do, and you will be forced to be a father and forced to pay child support for a child you didnt want (to begin with), simply because the woman wanted it. is that fair to men?!

- if a man and a woman divorce, and they have the same situation in life, almost ALWAYS the child custody will be given to the mother. is that fair to men?!

- when was the last time you heard of GROOM-PRICE... men are treated unfairly when they have to pay bride price but women dont have to pay men anything. is that fair to men?!

- female circumcision is talked about everywhere but, men are forced to be circumcised every freaking day yet nobody is saying any damn thing about it.
is that fair to men?!

- the justice system gives lighter sentences to women, for the exact same crimes that men do. is that fair to men?!

- when was the last time you saw a domestic violence shelter and/or shelter for abused men?! is that fair to men?!

- a not so smart but beautiful/sexy woman, who is jobless, can achieve much more in life than most hardworking highly educated men out there... because women are quick to use their femininity to advance in life, something a man CANNOT do. is that fair to men?!

we can sit here all day blaming this or that, the reality is that men and women aint equal!

You've been doing a fantastic job fact-whooping these greedy leaches called feminists.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by addictiv(m): 4:32pm On May 18, 2020
The day feminists will start clamouring for more inclusion in the armed forces and more postings to war zones, more responsibility in relationships and workplace, abolishment of bride price etc that's when we ll take them serious. Else they re just a bunch of jokers.
Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by 2buffagain(m): 5:39pm On May 18, 2020
I love feminists.
I hold them accountable to the very same standards they verbally hold themselves to.

It's the job of men to hold women accountable.
Just like women love to use every opportunity to hold men accountable.

Most feminists won't do that by themselves. They'd just rather make flapping noises with their mouth, including figuring out how to blame men for their own failures and lack of clarity of conviction...because, well, patriarchy! grin

I love babes who follow feminism...as long as she has and brings money so there is actual value to her feminism in the equation.
A BROKE feminist is a useless creature and a curse to all mankind. undecided

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by Lsofdk(m): 10:43am On May 21, 2020
PrimadonnaO:

Now that bolded part is what is ABSOLUTELY BULLSHIT!
If we do the same job, we got the same qualifications, then we gotta get paid the same! What!

What freaking justifies paying the man higher? What exactly?
What the hell are you talking about undecided the niqqa gave an instance of the female footballers case to buttress his point. Are all male footballers paid at the same rate? In every other system it is not justifiable, but in sport it is. In sport a lot of things determines your pay, male sporting activities generate greater revenue than their female counterpart for example, so it's not just about doing the same job, you lot should learn not to jump on everything because your feminist instinct pushes you to

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women In The West Still Say They Do Not Have True Equality? by purpinkx(m): 5:30pm On May 21, 2020
Donald3d:

Let's be reasonable ma'am
Its not safe for a pregnant woman to be on a construction or engineering site (if you are an engineer or if you have ever been to a site, you would understand what I am saying), its not safe for her and everyone involved. These are the limits I was talking about.Its not because she is a woman, its because she isn't fully fit to do the job.

Even if she is just a supervisor, it still not advisable. For example if a machine/vehicle operator loses control, how fast can she run ?. So, her being a woman has nothing to do with this, but her condition.

Its like saying a man who has boil under his armpit or on his hand (for example), should be aloud to operate a cutting machine. Its not safe. He is "compromised".

Engineering environments are not places where one can "gamble" and assume the person can handle it.

I salute you for all your effort so far.

The thing is that [most] women only want equality when it favours their gender.

• There are more men in prison.

• Most garbage people are men.

• Women don't go to war, if there's a war women aren't automatically drafted at 18.

• More men die from substance abuse.

• Men's mental well-being is laughed at.

• In case of a disaster Women and children are the priority for evacuation.

• If a man and woman commit a crime, the man is always blamed for misleading the woman.

• A man accused of rape is guilty as long as a woman says so.

• In a false rape, the man's reputation is damaged. The woman barely gets a slap on the wrist.

• Mostly male TV reported go to the scene to cover the event, the females stay in the cozy studio to relay the information.

Does any man scream for equality on these?

Does any woman want more women to be garbage collectors or be on death row?

Would you vote for more of your daughters to be sent to “wars that men started”?

If a tsunami occurs and there's a sit for one, would you say a man should go first? We can come back for the woman because she's “strong”?

Women should be given equal opportunity in the work place, do you realize that they are competing against equally capable men?

Does it occur to anyone that Shareholders employ more of those that can do the job faster for cheaper? People that help the business grow?

How many men get menstrual leave? When the women go on menstrual leave who covers for them?

Don't you think that if women did the SAME job or better than men but are paid lower than men, that any reasonable employee would hire only Women since they get the job done but cost less?

If you cannot counter the above with superior argument instead of emotions, then don't quote me.

Until we learn to appreciate each other, we'll always be at loggerhead.

“The greatest crime is the treatment of unequal people equally”

Men and women are not equal, should never have equality, only equity.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Uplifting And Encouraging Quotes And Images...believe You Can Try Once More / How To Get Your Wife's Respect / How Much Do You Think Your Partner Should Spend On. . .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.