Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:38 PM

Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? (40385 Views)

De Bruyne Snubs Messi In Ballon D'or Top 3 And Picks Bruno As The Best EPL / Simeone: Messi Plays Better In Attacking Team; Ronaldo Can Simplify Match / Kevin De Bruyne Is The Best EPL Player - Hazard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Foodforthought: 10:07pm On May 17, 2020
2loadedguy:

How else do you want to measure an attacking trio other than the stats, particularly one that's not only measuring the number of goals scored but also the number of assists? Its like putting in so much efforts without any result at work, will your manager rate u well? The answer is no. There's a reason stats is used to measure players and goals are used to define a winning team, it's because there's meant be a result at the end of the day. To me nothing beats the Arsenal trio of Henry,bergkamp and pires and the stats are there for all to see.
Perhaps, your sentiment for always wanting to have Ronaldo in your list is what's causing your delusion but please be objective for once.
When you tell them the truth they say you are deluded or sentimental. I don't think you ever watched Cr7, Rooney and Tevez play.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by tuzle(m): 10:08pm On May 17, 2020
Geeflow:

oga leave sentiment and be honest for once, will you choose Salah ahead of Cr7?
will you choose mane ahead of Rooney?
will you choose firminho ahead of Tevez?
abeg jare undecided
oga leave sentiment and be honest for once, will you choose Salah ahead of Cr7?
will you choose mane ahead of Rooney?
will you choose firminho ahead of Tevez?
abeg jare
do u know Henry and bergkam has come 2nd and 3rd I'm world best twice and Henry won highest goal scorer in England three times and highest assist in a season and u are there comparing Rooney, c Ronaldo and tevez to that trio

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Foodforthought: 10:08pm On May 17, 2020
lichocho:
which scholes? make una stop all dis nonsense...just de over hype dis guy..person wey no get up to 60 assist all him career..
My emphasis is on the pass to release the counterattacking trio...not the assist giver.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by rash47(m): 10:09pm On May 17, 2020
By
elpochas:
You forget to add Gerard,Kuyt,Torres.these trio beat that manutd trio home and away during 2008/2009 epl season.Even the highest scoring trio in the history of the epl was left out.kudos to Suarez,sturigde and Gerard.

That kuyt that year, very confident striker.
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by perdollar(m): 10:09pm On May 17, 2020
Thierry Henry, Robert Pires and Dennis Bergkamp

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Askme2020(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2020
Exc2000:
cool

number three was one of the reason i still remain a gunners fan till today even after many heartbreaks

Number 3 makes me love Arsenal FC.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by bezimo(m): 10:19pm On May 17, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Which of the following attacking trios is your all time best? Here are The Options. Dont be bias just be frank.

1. CHELSEA TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 27 (W25 D2 L0 F61)

Arjen Robben: Six goals, eight assists

Damien Duff: Four goals, seven assists

Didier Drogba: 11 goals, nine assists

2. MAN CITY TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 57 (W39 D11 L7 F128)

Raheem Sterling: 24 goals, 11 assists

Leroy Sane: 13 goals, 16 assists

Sergio Aguero: 31 goals, 11 assists

3.ARSENAL TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 128 (W78 D33 L17 F272)

Robert Pires: 46 goals, 29 assists

Dennis Bergkamp: 24 goals, 27 assists

Thierry Henry: 92 goals, 39 assists

4. LIVERPOOL TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 81 (W61 D14 L6 F178)

Mohamed Salah: 57 goals, 16 assists

Sadio Mane: 37 goals, 13 assists

Roberto Firmino: 27 goals, 15 assists

Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez..

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Askme2020(m): 10:24pm On May 17, 2020
dcrested:
Number 3.
When Arsenal was still a football club.
What are they now? cry
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Geeflow(m): 10:24pm On May 17, 2020
tuzle:
do u know Henry and bergkam has come 2nd and 3rd I'm world best twice and Henry won highest goal scorer in England three times and highest assist in a season and u are there comparing Rooney, c Ronaldo and tevez to that trio
oga with all this you mentioned about Henry, did he even win world best for once? and for bergkamp, no manager will choose him ahead of Rooney. Get it into your head.
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by gamaliel9: 10:24pm On May 17, 2020
Newcastle s Aspirilla. Shearer and Ferdinand
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by WitchInSiege: 10:28pm On May 17, 2020
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by elpochas: 10:28pm On May 17, 2020
rash47:
By

That kuyt that year, very confident striker.
my brother you sabi ball.no be all this manutd fans wey jst begin watch ball of recent wey jst dey quote me anyhow.dey tink say trio na for only strikers.under benitez and rodgers Gerard played as an SS Or 8 especially with torres.While kuyt comes from the flanks.
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by autonomous22: 10:28pm On May 17, 2020
Rooney, tevex and Ronaldo

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by OJURONGBE1(m): 10:29pm On May 17, 2020
I'm a Chelsea fan through and through but I must give it to the Man united trio of 2007/2008.
Ronaldo-Tevez-Rooney, frightening!!
For One of them to claim the World football gong shows how good they were.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Alanpoza007: 10:29pm On May 17, 2020
lichocho:
just check stats scholes is nowhere to be found among dem...
Don't mind Man Utd fans with the undeserved hype of Scholes. This is a player that spent 20 seasons at Man Utd and was never voted as Man Utd player of the year not to talk of EPL/PFA Player of the year, not even once. They're comparing with Gerrard and Lampard that won the award numerous times. In terms of goals scored, assists made and other meaningful stats, those two dwarfed him. He couldn't even make the cut at the National team ahead of those two, but Man U want us to believe he's the best thing since sliced bread.

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by obcpascal: 10:29pm On May 17, 2020
Sterling, Sturruge and Suarez
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Askme2020(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2020
infogenius:
Besides op's list
The combo of
Ronaldo, Rooney and Tevez for Manchester United was devastating

The three players made a combined 140 appearances in all competitions for Manchester United in 2007-08, contributing 79 goals and 29 assists.

Can you now compare this to the Arsenal trio?
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by tuzle(m): 10:32pm On May 17, 2020
Geeflow:

oga with all this you mentioned about Henry, did he even win world best for once? and for bergkamp, no manager will choose him ahead of Rooney. Get it into your head.
guy u no nothing about football, no 1 they don't play the same position u should be comparing Henry with Rooney no 2 search top ten most influential strikers in epl or top striker in epl and check if u will see tevez or Rooney or Ronaldo there, do u know those bergkam and Henry made Pele FIFA 100 list
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by DriggityDre: 10:32pm On May 17, 2020
phransix2:
Rooney
Tevez
Ronaldo

If them start counter attack with long pass from Scholes, it's always certain it's going to be a goal... They were too fast and fluid to contain...
On point cool

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by shamsin6300(m): 10:34pm On May 17, 2020
[quote author=HarunaWest post=89659579]
That time if i use Man Utd catch you for PES PS2 , just drop the pad and go home.

Seriously I wish u are close by, I will trash u no doubt. U re only opportune to play with amateurs.
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by tfash96(m): 10:35pm On May 17, 2020
lichocho:
man Utd fans can hype anything
Yes now.. As if he's god
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Alanpoza007: 10:36pm On May 17, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
@thegiftedone,how can you forget one of the deadliest trio of the EPL era:suarez,sturridge And Sterling. Even the current liverpool squad can't match their feat!
You have no point. How many goals and assists combined did those trio have compared with Sallah, Mane and Firmino. What were their achievements trophy-wise? You are comparing with this current trio that took Liverpool to the final of the Champions League back-to-back and won the second one, while narrowly losing out the league with a staggering 97 points and now this season they're running away with the league. So what are you saying. Suarez is the only person in that trio I can put ahead of the current ones. You can't compare prime Sterling now at Man City with these guys not to talk of Sterling then that was still growing up. Is it Sturridge you wanna compare with these ones. Can't you see how they phase him out of the current team into oblivion.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by tfash96(m): 10:37pm On May 17, 2020
Squillaci:

Owen won ballon d or in 2001. It was the european player of the year award then.
Ronaldo won ballon d or December 2008, and then FIFA player of the year in january 2009. Two different awards then.
Ballon d or only became the world player of the year award when it was merged with the FIFA award in 2010.
na FIFA sabi
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by xxxXXXxxx: 10:43pm On May 17, 2020
TheGiftedOne:
Which of the following attacking trios is your all time best? Here are The Options. Dont be bias just be frank.

1. CHELSEA TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 27 (W25 D2 L0 F61)

Arjen Robben: Six goals, eight assists

Damien Duff: Four goals, seven assists

Didier Drogba: 11 goals, nine assists

2. MAN CITY TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 57 (W39 D11 L7 F128)

Raheem Sterling: 24 goals, 11 assists

Leroy Sane: 13 goals, 16 assists

Sergio Aguero: 31 goals, 11 assists

3.ARSENAL TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 128 (W78 D33 L17 F272)

Robert Pires: 46 goals, 29 assists

Dennis Bergkamp: 24 goals, 27 assists

Thierry Henry: 92 goals, 39 assists

4. LIVERPOOL TRIO IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Games together: 81 (W61 D14 L6 F178)

Mohamed Salah: 57 goals, 16 assists

Sadio Mane: 37 goals, 13 assists

Roberto Firmino: 27 goals, 15 assists

I love this thread!

Anyways, no debate here at all.

The United trio wins!

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by andrewtosin(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2020
It should be Ronaldo, Rooney, Tevez.

By the way, what of Suarez, Sterling, Sturidge? The three both of them were problem children then that they had to name them SSS

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by MightySirKay(m): 10:50pm On May 17, 2020
Laghima:
CR7, Tevez and Rooney. The trio that has THE LEAGUE'S ONLY WORLD BEST of course.
Micheal Owen 2001, when he was playing for Liverpool
Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by Askme2020(m): 10:52pm On May 17, 2020
In the Arsenal trio, Henry have more goal and assist compared to the numbers of games played.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by arewaboy01(m): 10:54pm On May 17, 2020
Rooney Ronaldo Tevez Demn!! That combo was frightening that year...all epl defenders dy dread those trio

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by m140(m): 10:57pm On May 17, 2020
lichocho:
which scholes? make una stop all dis nonsense...just de over hype dis guy..person wey no get up to 60 assist all him career..
You just watch ball, how many assists zidane dey give all seasons. Bro Scholes na player I beg

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by EbukaHades10(m): 10:58pm On May 17, 2020
Alanpoza007:

Don't mind Man Utd fans with the undeserved hype of Scholes. This is a player that spent 20 seasons at Man Utd and was never voted as Man Utd player of the year not to talk of EPL/PFA Player of the year, not even once. They're comparing with Gerrard and Lampard that won the award numerous times. In terms of goals scored, assists made and other meaningful stats, those two dwarfed him. He couldn't even make the cut at the National team ahead of those two, but Man U want us to believe he's the best thing since sliced bread.
United fans rn

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by m140(m): 10:59pm On May 17, 2020
joshjc:
even great players like zidane and xavi rate scholes highly
I be lfc boy, but Scholes na agba awon... that guy dey control middle

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Best EPL Attacking Trio Of All Time? by m140(m): 10:59pm On May 17, 2020
joshjc:
even great players like zidane and xavi rate scholes highly
I be lfc boy, but Scholes na agba awon... that guy dey control middle .
Football now na assit n goals

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Samson Siasia Begs Nigerians To Help Raise 250,000 Euros To Appeal FIFA Ban / Messi Has The Most Expensive Car Collection Of All Athletes / Real Madrid Unveil Anthony Rudiger - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.