Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 PM

Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? (939 Views)

Photo: What A South African Said About Nigerian Pastors / Pope US Visit Proves Nigerian Pastors Wrong!!! / Nigerian Pastors Who Hate Themselves (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by mspark: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2011
Don't the poor need salvation too?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Joagbaje(m): 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
Which country is the poor country.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by SirJohn(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2011
forex!!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Zodiac61(m): 9:35pm On Jan 15, 2011
The western world is where the money is. It seems that every third Nigerian in the UK these days is a pastor.
Nigerians always follow the money. Besides the rich need salvation more than the poor (unless, of course, you are a pastor, man of god or whatever those parasites call themselves these days).
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
^

Excellent Question
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Osama10(m): 12:59am On Jan 16, 2011
Zodiac61:

The western world is where the money is. It seems that every third Nigerian in the UK these days is a pastor.
Nigerians always follow the money. Besides the rich need salvation more than the poor (unless, of course, you are a pastor, man of god or whatever those parasites call themselves these days).
grin grin grin grin grin

Very true.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by newmi(m): 3:11am On Jan 16, 2011
Zodiac61:

grin grin grin grin grin
Just look at your life in the mirror of "Sincere-Self-Evaluation" can you see how confused you are? you know l always ask myself what people like you are doing in this forum perhaps you should sort for yourself forums that accommodates pathetically confused kinds like you who pounce on every available opportunity to vent their accumulated frustrations. How can you be calling pastors parasites then you must be a parasitic fungus after all not all parasite are solely hazardous there are mutually symbiotic parasitic organisms.

The Western world you claim are rich what do we here is happening to them; people more than ever living in uncertainty, fear and worries has made a sanctuary of their trouble sick hearts, young and old risking their lives protesting on the street etc or are you so poverty stricken that you can't afford at least a transitor radio? Is that what you consider in all your sense of judgement as being rich? Sorry l pity for future and the future
of all those to whom you may be responsible for because your sense of judgement seem to have been malignantly corrupted.

For your information there are several pastors and Christians alike who are sacrificially committed to preaching the gospel in less privileged and developing nations like Sudan, Togo, Eretria, Somalia, Mozambique etc so wake up young boy and do something quick with your God given live so that it will count for something rather than sit by your computer making vapour statements without substance
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Blackteeth(m): 9:41am On Jan 16, 2011
^^^So all you typed above is what actually makes sense errh? I think you are the one confused rather than who you are directing your comments at. Who told you that those people in poor countries do not experience fear and uncertainties like those in the rich countries? What makes you think they are exclusive to rich countries alone and deserves more attention than the poor counteries? Please go and have a sit.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by welovegod(m): 10:40am On Jan 16, 2011
Our web page is offering a free download of about 12 Christian ebooks. Please visit - http://www.ilovegodsite.com/ for more details.

You can also join our fan page for daily updates on facebook or on twitter @ http://www.facebook.com/ILoveGodSite or http://twitter.com/ILoveGodSite

Remain blessed.

Evang. I.S
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Zodiac61(m): 11:07am On Jan 16, 2011
newmi:

Just look at your life in the mirror of "Sincere-Self-Evaluation" can you see how confused you are? you know l always ask myself what people like you are doing in this forum perhaps you should sort for yourself forums that accommodates pathetically confused kinds like you who pounce on every available opportunity to vent their accumulated frustrations. How can you be calling pastors parasites then you must be a parasitic fungus after all not all parasite are solely hazardous there are mutually symbiotic parasitic organisms.

The Western world you claim are rich what do we here is happening to them; people more than ever living in uncertainty, fear and worries has made a sanctuary of their trouble sick hearts, young and old risking their lives protesting on the street etc or are you so poverty stricken that you can't afford at least a transitor radio? Is that what you consider in all your sense of judgement as being rich? Sorry l pity for future and the future
of all those to whom you may be responsible for because your sense of judgement seem to have been malignantly corrupted.

For your information there are several pastors and Christians alike who are sacrificially committed to preaching the gospel in less privileged and developing nations like Sudan, Togo, Eretria, Somalia, Mozambique etc so wake up young boy and do something quick with your God given live so that it will count for something rather than sit by your computer making vapour statements without substance

definition of parasite from dictionary.com
–noun
1. an organism that lives on or in an organism of another species, known as the host, from the body of which it obtains nutriment.
2. a person who receives support, advantage, or the like, from another or others without giving any useful or proper return, as one who lives on the hospitality of others.
3. (in ancient Greece) a person who received free meals in return for amusing or impudent conversation, flattering remarks, etc.
Now, please, tell me that pastors do not fall into all three.
They are socially useless individuals who prey on the fears and uncertainties of the world.
They are woo peddlers and snake oil salesmen. They promise everything and deliever nothing.
They live off their congregations.
Like I said - Parasites.

Finally, you call me a young boy. Just goes to show the level of your intellect. Seeing that you have never met me, and know absolutely nothing about me, you are making assumptions without any proof. Oh well, you say there is god without proof. I am not sure that one can expect anymore from kooks like you.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by free123: 12:10pm On Jan 16, 2011
@newmi
what actually do u learn at ce? Is it how to correct someone using abusive words or how to show ur ignorance. U must be one of ce pastors who teach rubbish to their members. How many ce pastors are in iraq, Somalia, Afghanistan, Gaza or even in my village?
U are the reason why some people see christianity as fake.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Image123(m): 3:29pm On Jan 16, 2011
This is ridiculous and IGNORANT. Christ's command is to go into all the world. People are going into all the world, into the villages and cities, on the internet and in the buses. You don't have to use every opportunity to say rubbish. How many 'poor countries' have you gone to before asking this questions. How many churches have you ASKED/researched on their missionary/evangelism work?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Joagbaje(m): 4:36pm On Jan 16, 2011
Maybe the section should change name to religious gossip or religious yabbis. Because that what many people do rather than making postings to edify. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Jenwitemi(m): 8:19pm On Jan 16, 2011
Maybe that is because there is little to edify in christianity, especially the naija version.
Joagbaje:

Maybe the section should change name to religious gossip or religious yabbis. Because that what many people do rather than making postings to edify. grin
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Zodiac61(m): 10:13pm On Jan 16, 2011
Joagbaje:

Why must postings on this section be meant to edify?? You seem to want postings that pat christains on the back for believing in the Christ and claiming to be born-again or whatever the trend is these days.
As this is the religious section, would you be pleased with postings that are meant to edify Islam, Hinduism, Bhuddism and so on? I think not.
If you want want edification, please, go to your church, where you will meet like minded people. Just do not expect it in a forum like this.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Image123(m): 12:54am On Jan 17, 2011
^you don't even seem to know the meaning or context of the word 'edify'. It continues to be that unbelievers know so little of what they boast like they were authorities in, like they've tasted all that and there's nothing to it. Meanwhile, na so so hearsay.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Pastors Only Get "callings" To Go Minister In Rich Countries? by Zodiac61(m): 9:20am On Jan 17, 2011
Image123:

^you don't even seem to know the meaning or context of the word 'edify'. It continues to be that unbelievers know so little of what they boast like they were authorities in, like they've tasted all that and there's nothing to it. Meanwhile, na so so hearsay.
Please, educate me, as you are the font of all wisdom and the master of all knowledge.
Teach me how to use the English language, as I am a poor ignorant fool. grin grin grin
Happy now.

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Christ Commands Us To Watch! - A Bit Long But A Must Read ! / Why Are We Really On Earth? / Spitting, Allahu-akbaring Islamic Supremacist Thugs Disrupt Liberal Islam Debate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.