Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,777 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

COVID-19 Real Or Not? Watch Survivors Share Their Story - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19 Real Or Not? Watch Survivors Share Their Story (175 Views)

COVID-19 Vaccines Side Effects: Lagos Residents Share Their Experiences / COVID-19: Stop Revealing Details Of Drugs Used For Treatment- FG Warns Survivors / Lichtenberg Figure: The scars Left On Lightning Strike Survivors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Real Or Not? Watch Survivors Share Their Story by afaatng: 6:32pm On May 17, 2020
A lot of people in Nigeria, from the educated to the not so educated, civilized and even some who claim to be exposed, have chosen to deny reality and the existence of the novel coronavirus (nCoV).

Some are family members, some are on WhatsApp groups and some are just random individuals whose comments litter social media space.

Their argument?

“These people just have malaria”.

“The government is using the pandemic as an excuse to siphon the nation’s wealth”.

While that is a possibility, nobody, and I mean not a single soul can provide proof of such claims and it’s not enough reasons to deny the existence of something so deadly.

This group, take it a step further and ask for picture proof, you will hear them ask…

If the coronavirus is real, why can’t the government show us images of people at the isolation centers?

I might not have an official answer to that query but I feel, common sense should prevail here.

Why will you make videos of people who are/were infected with one of the worst kind of disease ever known to the human race?

In a society like ours, stigmatization is a big issue.

These people deserve their privacy.

If they choose to come out willingly, good, but no government should expose any coronavirus victim/survivor for whatsoever reason (that’s my opinion anyway).

Fortunately, we have some survivors who have shown real courage and would like the “doubting Thomases” know the coronavirus is real.

I wrote why I think the Thomas(es) will probably have Lagos state on lockdown again, read it here.
COVID-19 Real or Not?

As the time of filing this report, Nigeria has recorded over 1000 recoveries.

These brave Nigerians, who have battled and conquered the coronavirus, want you to hear their story with the hope it will help keep you and everyone around you safe.

Many still doubt the existence of Coronavirus but we hope this will help alter that belief.

Anonymous Patient

One of the survivors in Lagos, spoke to journalists on conditions of anonymity, for fear of stigmatization you can guess.

See videos: https://amebopedia.com/covid-19-survivors-story/

(1) (Reply)

Why There Are More Death In Kano, Bauch, And Yobe / Skin Hair Becoming Brownish / Covid-19: The General Truth About The Virus In Nigeria Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.