Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,790 members, 7,820,772 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:15 PM

SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State (574 Views)

Policemen Assault Man Who Refused To Unlock His Iphone In Enugu / Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / Youths Chase SARS Officers In Yaba For Shooting Man (Photos / Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State by frankleesehi(m): 11:19pm On May 17, 2020
An Instagram user, Wisdom Obi Eze @weezy_pro narrated his encounter with some SARS officers who broke into his house and assaulted him for using an iPhone in Suleja, Niger State.

The Instagram user narrated his first encounter which happened on Monday last week at about 9pm in the night. He revealed that the officers broke into his house because he uses an iPhone and they asked him to pay the sum of N500,000 before they can let him go.

According to him, he could not afford the money, so he had to suggest to the officers that he will return his phone to were he bought it from so that he could get the money pay them.

"They agreed and i was locked up in the police cell for the night in A' division in suleja".

"The next morning by exactly 7am, the SARS officers brought me out of the cell so I could contact the store where I bought the phone so I could inform them that I was coming to get back my money which I did".

"A few minutes later my parents informed the SARS officers that they were coming with a lawyer and they should sell my phone".

"The officers panicked and were all trying to avoid involving a lawyer. When the lawyer arrived the officers pleaded and I was released before noon".

"At the early hours of this morning at about 1am, a couple of armed men came to my house and were trying to arrest me again, this time they didn't claim to be SARS officers all they said was that they were from Abuja with no ID card or arrest warrant insisting that I must be arrested and when my parents refused, they broke the door and started beating my entire family".

"I refused to go with they them so it ended in ally of beating and they handcuffed one of my hands and I refused letting them handcuff both hands".

"It was a horrifying experience. We called the police station and the SARS officers from the previous setup and they came and identified those men as officers but they didn't say if they were from the police or SARS or any other paramilitary"

"I managed to escape with one of the handcuff. They all left around 4am. I really don't know where to turn too because the system is corrupt and it needs to be fixed".

https://hgsmediaplus.com.ng/2020/05/17/sars-officers-assaults-man-for-using-an-iphone-in-niger-state/

cc: lalasticala
cc: mynd44

Re: SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State by kingreign(m): 11:23pm On May 17, 2020
So now it's a crime to own a common iPhone?

Why? Who cursed this nation like this?
Re: SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State by Hoodbilonia: 5:38am On May 18, 2020
God i cant imagine me having a pump action dat distributes pellets 360.i would forrst down bottle of dry gin and my pump action would go off a million times.

Tho u are a street boy.

U can imagine the feat and trauma they would be passing tru. Can u imagine by 4am and im sure there was also no light
The day i get my pump action. Right thr in my car. I go troway like 5 go air.
Bastards

Re: SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State by symbianDON(m): 6:53am On May 18, 2020
there's a lot more to this story than the op is telling us. officers can't randomly break into your home simply because 'you own an iphone'. how did they even get to know you own one? tell us the truth about what you did.

1 Like

Re: SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State by Mayng01(m): 6:58am On May 18, 2020
What do you do for a living bro?
There is more to just iPhone.
Re: SARS Officers Assaults Man For Using An Iphone In Niger State by Passionate888: 7:24am On May 18, 2020
The Nigerian Police sef. But you buy phone of 500k look at your door

(1) (Reply)

Landlord Shoot Tenant Dead After He Failed To Vacate His House. VIDEO / It Is Better For Police To Kill Me Than Take Me Back To Prison ― Robbery Suspect / Clubkonnect Please Do The Needeful

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.