Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,225 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Open Letter To Governor Wike By Charles Isichie - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Open Letter To Governor Wike By Charles Isichie (266 Views)

Tinubu, Beware Of Nyesom Wike By Richard Akinnola / How Redesigned New Naira Notes Will Favour Peter Obi In 2023 By Charles Novia / Governor Wike Storms Mile 1 Market. See What He Did (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Open Letter To Governor Wike By Charles Isichie by Jadsy01(f): 2:38am On May 18, 2020
Your Excellency, I write as a citizen and businessman who is concerned about how some of the decisions you have taken in the management of the COVID-19 pandemic affects the maritime sector within which I operate. I also intend to address how the current situation may ultimately affect the economy of the state and nation in general.

Let me state from the outset that I understand the responsibility that -ekomiamiblog -you have as the chief executive of Rivers State to provide security for the lives of people and their property. It is a right that no one can take away from you even though in the execution of this responsibility, one will imagine that there should be some other considerations.

Again, before I proceed, let me express my joy to read that you have eventually agreed to release 20 dock workers that were arrested by the state Task Force on COVID-19 on their way to work recently.

Though they should not have been arrested at all, given that they were on essential service, I commend you for seeing reason and saving us from the reality of an industrial action, which Maritime Workers’ Union of Nigeria had threatened.

However, I am also hoping that you will consider the withdrawal of all charges against them given the fact that they were on their way to serve the nation.

Before the arrest of this set of people, the task force had frequently arrested workers of the Nigerian Ports Authority, terminal operators, labourers and clearing agents who were on their way to work in line with the presidential directives that port operations should continue in spite of the lockdown and the dangers that the pandemic imposes on us all.

Read the full letter here - https://www.ekomiami.com.ng/2020/05/18/open-letter-to-governor-wike-by-charles-isichie/
Re: Open Letter To Governor Wike By Charles Isichie by temblor1(m): 2:55am On May 18, 2020
You no sabi government house?

(1) (Reply)

Churches, Others Protest Erosion Devastation In Anambra / SHOCKING!!!!! EDO 2020 SAGA: More Reveals & Trouble In Edo State (watch) / Prof Benard Odo, Former SSG, Goes Against The Government And People Of Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.