Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,006 members, 7,814,431 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:48 PM

I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us (2311 Views)

I Never Knew Rwanda Is This Developed. / Uber: 10 Facts You Probably Never Knew / "I Was Deceived By My Friend"; Nigerian Lady Who Returned From Libya. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Nobody: 10:45am On May 18, 2020
After seeing this thread below, I'm just shocked this is Owerri. I thought I was looking at pictures of Abuja. Why have you guys been hiding this beautiful and gorgeous Owerri from us? In fact the grid(road network) is so well planned to US standard like Aba and Umuahia except Aba and Umuahia has poor leadership.

One thing I noticed is most SE major cities (Enugu, Owerri, Awka and Onitsha GRA) look like Abuja in terms of modern houses from aerial view, and indication that the same developers(Igbos) are responsible for these developments.

https://www.nairaland.com/5863789/pictures-owerri-bicycle-street-ride

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Sammy07: 10:49am On May 18, 2020
Name 15 industries / company in owerri.
Not hotels and clubs pls.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Nobody: 10:56am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

Just shut the hell up afonja. You don't talk when real developers are talking, not mud house and brown roof landlords.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by ollysaks: 10:57am On May 18, 2020
I have been to almost all the states in Nigeria...

Truth be told the south east is the most developed region on an even spread.

That is why I shake my head at so many misinformed people on social media

5 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Lawdis(m): 11:00am On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:

It is advised that you don't build "factories/industries" in all States of the nation...

some places are meant for resorts, is that clear to you..... cool grin

8 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by SocialJustice: 11:03am On May 18, 2020
catfrog10:

Just shut the hell up afonja. You don't talk when real developers are talking, not mud house and brown roof landlords.
Answer the question and stop ranting.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Nobody: 11:11am On May 18, 2020
South East of England. The lost tribe of Israel, the small London of Nnewi, the tall building of Paris.

If you hear this, don't bother to argue they are irredeemable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Sammy07: 11:12am On May 18, 2020
Lawdis:

It is advised that you don't build "factories/industries" in all States of the nation...

some places are meant for resorts, is that clear to you..... cool grin

Lol, and you all want Nigeria to develop.

Na wa oooo
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Melezenawii: 11:13am On May 18, 2020
ollysaks:

Or least developed
What do you consider development, when their people have no economic opportunities. Most of their People move to other regions to be able to fulfill their dreams with no hope of opportunities in term of business and gainful employment at home.

Is this what you called opportunities?

It is the least developed region, that's why Ogun State can boost of more IGR than South East and Kano contribute more than 5 times VAT to Federation account than South East because of lack of PRODUCTIVITY

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by AhoadaRivers: 11:13am On May 18, 2020
MinorityOpinion:
South East of England. The lost tribe of Israel, the small London of Nnewi, the tall building of Paris.

If you hear this, don't bother to argue they are irredeemable.

Unintelligent ewedu opinion.
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Nobody: 11:24am On May 18, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

Unintelligent ewedu opinion.

Ewedu opinion? What does that even mean? Giberrish balderdash
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by smart0041: 11:32am On May 18, 2020
catfrog10:

Mr Man answer d question and stop thinking like a frog that you call yourself
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Enyimbafc: 12:44pm On May 18, 2020
Sammy07:
Name 15 industries/company in oshogbo.? Not skull mining factories pls.

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Enyimbafc: 1:09pm On May 18, 2020
Melezenawii:

Or least developed
What do you consider development, when their people have no economic opportunities. Most of their People move to other regions to be able to fulfill their dreams with no hope of opportunities in term of business and gainful employment at home.

It is the least developed region, that's why Ogun State can boost of more IGR than South East and Kano contribute more than 5 times VAT to Federation account than South East because of lack of PRODUCTIVITY
Do you mean igbo's leave their region and travel to ogun,oyo,osun,ekiti and ondo states.But ur prophets told us that this states has the highest number of mud and brown roof houses in Africa,those states have the highest number of skull mining factories in the world.It's people are ugly,thin,malnourished and dark.The look like the north kenya's n sudan.The have the highest IGR but during the lockdown the went about looting vehicles 4 common bread,eat rat

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Jacksparrow2019: 1:15pm On May 18, 2020
Upon all d audio money ogun state generates, where in ogun state is developed....
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Jacksparrow2019: 1:17pm On May 18, 2020
Melezenawii:

Or least developed

Where in ogun state is developed upon all d audio paper money you people keep mentioning online
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by ollysaks: 2:21pm On May 18, 2020
Melezenawii:

Or least developed

I have no time to school nescient people. Going outside your place of origin to invest and acquire wealth is not new and didn't start with the Igbos

Any good student of history knows that. Those who wallow in ignorance, are limited by their surroundings. Great Britain, Spain etc all had citizens that explored other lands, brought back to riches to their homelands. Even colonized those lands eg USA.

The Igbos are leading the pack now, educationally.

Nnewi town alone in Anambara state has the highest naira billionaires in Nigeria according to Forbes.
The profits made from other states are plunged back to their towns

The Igbos are the richest tribe in Nigeria. The properties they have all over Nigeria; the cost is yet to be estimated.

They rose to become a formidable force and threat to those that tried to extinguish them. From just 20pounds given to them after a devastating civil war, I less than 50yrs they produced billionaires, millionaire, investors etc

I respect the indomitable spirit and financially wizardry of the Igbos.

Please Mr. Landlord travel and see.

3 Likes

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Babawon1: 2:31pm On May 18, 2020
ollysaks:

that's why you spread across Yoruba land. Igbo now add Yoruba name to there middle name
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Babawon1: 2:34pm On May 18, 2020
one day one day, Igbo and housa will be chase out of oduduwa republic with their Ghana must go.
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by ollysaks: 2:38pm On May 18, 2020
Babawon1:
that's why you spread across Yoruba land. Igbo now add Yoruba name to there middle name

If you find it hard to hold a simple dialogue.. I will beg you to spare your life the shame, desist.

My observation as one well travelled, I made clear. Bigots and nincompoops will turn it to a tribal war.
Read all my posts, I never engage in them. My mind is above that small level you swim in

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Babawon1: 3:35pm On May 18, 2020
ollysaks:

If you find it hard to hold a simple dialogue.. I will beg you to spare your life the shame, desist.

My observation as one well travelled, I made clear. Bigots and nincompoops will turn it to a tribal war.
Read all my posts, I never engage in them. My mind is above that small level you swim in
u said u'v been to almost, almost every state, definitely the north. y don't you travel round the southwest b4 naming the most developed
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by ollysaks: 4:08pm On May 18, 2020
Babawon1:
u said u'v been to almost, almost every state, definitely the north. y don't you travel round the southwest b4 namingg the most developed

I have been to all the south west state except Kwara. I did my A/levels at Ilesha.

I know the south west very well.
Beautiful people, peaceful, respectfully, down to earth, fun to be with and throw the best parties in the world.

I speak Yoruba fluently
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by 9jakool: 5:02pm On May 18, 2020
Poorly planned concrete jungle with little to no urban planning, landscaping or trees in residential areas characterize many cities in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by valirex: 6:45pm On May 18, 2020
catfrog10:

Oga developer I hail oo cheesy
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Muna4real(f): 7:25pm On May 18, 2020
sanctity454:

Coke cola bottling plant
Nigerian brewery plant
Hermes paving stone
Nigeria pigging plant Maze

Can you kindly tell me what your problem is?
Re: I Never Knew Owerri Was This Developed. Chai, Propagandists Have Deceived Us by Nobody: 7:28pm On May 18, 2020
Muna4real:

Can you kindly tell me what your problem is?
Sorry ooo

(1) (Reply)

AirAsiaQZ8501:flight Attendant Final Heartbreaking Note:i Love You From 38,000ft / That New Minister Is Not Lying. I Collected My Passport Today. Photo Included / Can't Afford Study Route, Please Advise

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.