Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,187 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:49 AM

Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months (2058 Views)

Farmers Forced To Negotiate With Bandits To Harvest Their Crops - Twitter Users / Bountiful First Harvest In My Tomato Farm / Ogun State Begins Dry Season Harvest In Youth Rice Production Project (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 8:09pm On May 18, 2020
I have a large compound approx 3 plots with surounding perimeter fence.My house in middle.
I plan to cultivate crops all around .

Her is what. Plan. planting:
Groundnut
plantains
sweet potatoes
yams
garden eggs
onions
ginger
chilly peppers
fio fio
beans
water melon
melon
ugu
cucumbers
rosemary
What is feasible my locality?
Any other advice tips such as positioning and layout wouldn't be appreciated.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 8:16pm On May 18, 2020
Okra

Indian Hemps

2 Likes

Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Faber(m): 8:34pm On May 18, 2020
Ok Bro...

Vegetables:
Cucumber, cabbage, carrot

Spices:
Pepper, curry,

Grain:
Green beans, sweet corn

1 Like

Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 8:49pm On May 18, 2020
EastGold:
Okra

Indian Hemps

Thanks. any tips for planting okro?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Kennyprince: 8:59pm On May 18, 2020
Ugu
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 9:06pm On May 18, 2020
Thanks Bro
Is there different types of these crops , how long to harvest? Any tips on planting, positioning in compound etc. where do you recommend getting seeds etc from
Faber:
Ok Bro...

Vegetables:

Spices:
Pepper, curry,

Grain:
Green beans, sweet corn

Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 9:23pm On May 18, 2020
Kennyprince:
Ugu
Thanks
Any tips on planting positioning in the compound?
Can ugu be eaten raw?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 7:34am On May 19, 2020
Please give me more answers I need to plant crops tomorrow
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 19, 2020
Ground nut and watermelons any special techniques is too late to plant?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 20, 2020
No more advice forthcoming?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 7:05pm On May 20, 2020
I need advice also on clearlng weed from the compound cheaply .
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 11:04pm On May 20, 2020
Can I grow Tiger nuts?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Pavore9: 1:44am On May 21, 2020
GenBuhari:
Can I grow Tiger nuts?

You only get to know when you try it out.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 9:56am On May 21, 2020
Pavore9:

You only get to know when you try it out.
Thanks, very good one.I will try planting a little bit of everything.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by 4starstunna(m): 3:25am On Jun 01, 2020
I stay @ ufuma would like to meet u
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by okoroemeka(m): 5:14am On Jun 02, 2020
The best crop for a new unseasoned farmer like the op to manage properly is garden eggplant,it is adaptable,resistant to many diseases and yields high,we still have available green garden eggplant seeds at our farm near umunze,it is even close to the op location,a 3 plot farm of garden eggplant will contain nothing less than 1200-1300 crops which is a big deal when the harvest starts rolling in,you can contact us on WhatsApp 08119942049 meglee farms

Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by okoroemeka(m): 5:28am On Jun 02, 2020
If the compound is floored or you don't want to disturb the soil we have workers that will set up an eggplant sack farm,it can be placed on any surface,it is mobile and can be moved around even when crop is fruiting,the yield is better because manure and other nutrients are concentrated in the sack and not leeched off,sack farming g is the new innovative frontier on drought resistant dry season farming.

Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Olaleyeabdullah(m): 3:14pm On Jun 02, 2020
okoroemeka:
If the compound is floored or you don't want to disturb the soil we have workers that will set up an eggplant sack farm,it can be placed on any surface,it is mobile and can be moved around even when crop is fruiting,the yield is better because manure and other nutrients are concentrated in the sack and not leeched off,sack farming g is the new innovative frontier on drought resistant dry season farming.
can egg plant be planted close to pepper
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by okoroemeka(m): 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2020
Olaleyeabdullah:
can egg plant be planted close to pepper
yes,they are the same family and has almost same diseases apart from leaf curling and viral diseases of pepper,it doesn't affect eggplant.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 6:34pm On Jun 02, 2020
okoroemeka:
Thanks. I have just purchased seeds Eggplant. will it be OK to plant them in same area as Okra?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jun 02, 2020
Ùgù can give you money but it needs tendering.

U also need to liaise with market women to come periodically for cutting.

One of the veggies that can give lots of money is ùtazi but it's not what u plant to day and harvest in 3 months time. In the east, it's the most expensive vegetable. I don't even know how it's planted. Just that we have it and mummy makes thousand from its sale especially during Xmas period.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jun 02, 2020
GenBuhari:
Thanks. I have just purchased seeds Eggplant. will it be OK to plant them in same area as Okra?
Eggplant won't give you money as ùgù.
Besides, we do prefer eggplants from the north than one from the east and it is mostly infected.
If u are not going to use that land anytime soon, your ùgù can make money for you up to 8 months as long as it does water and proper cutting and stalking is done
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 2:45am On Jun 03, 2020
Faber:
Ok Bro...

Vegetables:

Spices:
Pepper, curry,

Grain:
Green beans, sweet corn

Thanks again. Do we eat green beans in Nigeria? or do you mean regular beans in their pods? Do they harvest quicker than regular beans?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 3:07am On Jun 03, 2020
sassysure:
Ùgù can give you money but it needs tendering.

U also need to liaise with market women to come periodically for cutting.

One of the veggies that can give lots of money is ùtazi but it's not what u plant to day and harvest in 3 months time. In the east, it's the most expensive vegetable. I don't even know how it's planted. Just that we have it and mummy makes thousand from its sale especially during Xmas period.
Thanks, I plan on farming Ugu, because I read it is all seasons; but I am planting mainly for my own consumption in this lockdown era. How is it eaten? what dishes is it used for? Can it be eaten raw? I will also try utazi, thanks for suggesting it.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by my2chains(m): 7:31am On Jun 03, 2020
Dont really know much,
but i know one of my relatives that farms garden eggs and ugu in my hometown anambra state!

she supplies garden eggs to different villages for burial ceremonies and some other entertainment centers and make thousands of naira from it,

who says ugu is profitable than garden eggs?

Travel down to the east and see how garden egg is been sold like hotcake

garden egg is a food that must be eaten in any traditional gathering occation in the east,

so to me garden egg will be ok to plant there in the east.
what sells well here in the city will probably not sell well in villages

cheers!
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by my2chains(m): 7:42am On Jun 03, 2020
okoroemeka:

this is good!

please how many egg plant is recomended to be planted in one single sack bag filled with soil and manure?
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 03, 2020
GenBuhari:
Thanks, I plan on farming Ugu, because I read it is all seasons; but I am planting mainly for my own consumption in this lockdown era. How is it eaten? what dishes is it used for? Can it be eaten raw? I will also try utazi, thanks for suggesting it.
K.
U don't know what we use ùgù to prepare in Nigeria? shocked shocked
Ùgù is for making common soups like egwusi, veggie soups etc.

That apart, since its for private consumption and your base is awka, u need scent leave( unless u are not igbo),for banga stew, the ùtazi is also for lovers of igbo special delicacies like abacha, pepper soup and white soup
Green for your yam and rice with veggies as side dish, bitter Leave for bitter leave soup, and curry leave for stew

You can plant lemon grass at one corner for your tea and infusion. This is june, u can plant late corn to harvest September.

I envy you anyway.
Are u from the north?
Cos it's only northerners that don't know what ùgù is used for cheesy
I stayed there so I know.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 12:20pm On Jun 03, 2020
sassysure:

K.
U don't know what we use ùgù to prepare in Nigeria? shocked shocked
Ùgù is for making common soups like egwusi, veggie soups etc.

That apart, since its for private consumption and your base is awka, u need scent leave( unless u are not igbo),for banga stew, the ùtazi is also for lovers of igbo special delicacies like abacha, pepper soup and white soup
Green for your yam and rice with veggies as side dish, bitter Leave for bitter leave soup, and curry leave for stew

You can plant lemon grass at one corner for your tea and infusion. This is june, u can plant late corn to harvest September.

I envy you anyway.
Are u from the north?
Cos it's only northerners that don't know what ùgù is used for cheesy
I stayed there so I know.

Native Igbo but spent most of my life abroad from age 9yo. I eat egusi and other popular dishes but don't necessarily know how they are prepared and ingredients. Have to say never knew is used in egusi soup.
Re: Which Crops Can I Plant In Nawfia, Anambra To Harvest In 3months by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jun 03, 2020
GenBuhari:
Native Igbo but spent most of my life abroad from age 9yo. I eat egusi and other popular dishes but don't necessarily know how they are prepared and ingredients. Have to say never knew is used in egusi soup.

Naaaaa cheesy
No wonder.
Always frequent the food section and u will see what they use all those things I mentioned to prepare. U will see steps on how to prepare them too.
So many of them. Lots of guys like you go there to learn how to cook secretly grin
If you are in doubt, and don't want to comment there, tag somebody you loved his or her food and ask your questions. They will readily help you out kiss kiss

Also, u have the advantage of staying in igboland so to get most of the ingredients are very easy.

Welcome home kiss

We dey leave, people like you are coming back. grin

U will blow out of proportion once u start cooking. Don't say I didn't warn you o cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigerian Government Should Invest In Agriculture? / We Need Buyers for Palm Kernel Nuts (photos) / Season To Make It Big In Poultry Farming Is Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.