Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,733 members, 7,809,814 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:24 PM

If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? (627 Views)

Travel Abroad With Purpose Of Returning To Develop Nigeria - Kukah Tells Youths / Iyorcha Ayu: We Will Develop Nigeria As We Did Before / Tinubu: I’m Back To Develop Nigeria’s Democracy, Economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Nobody: 1:39am On May 19, 2020
Nigerians are great people blessed with rich culture, fertile soil and abundant resources. Truly indeed one would expect Nigeria to be higly developed in industry and economy based on its abilities but reverse is the case. Even though the saying goes warri no the carry last or naija no de carry last. The saying might be true when it comes to evil and bad characteristics such as: corruption, bad roads, poor health care, poor power supply, poor security, poor educational system, terrorism, nepotism, bad leaders and so on. Indeed nigeria does not takes last when it comes to evil and bad things. Nigerians claim to be one of the smartest on earth but somehow it brings up a question in my mind if Nigerians are smart why can't we use our smartness to develop nigeria? If nigerians are wise why do we keep electing thesame bad leaders? If nigerians are smart why don't we have smart people in power?
But then i realise that the only way for us to ever develop Nigeria is to work together and put our differences aside.

Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Staphylococcus: 1:50am On May 19, 2020
How did you arrive at the conclusion that Nigerians are smart.

Lets start from there.

You cant give what you dont have.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Stephenomozzy(m): 1:55am On May 19, 2020
Unless if your statement is for the purpose of debate, what makes you think Nigerians do not "have smartness to give"?

Let's build a base from there...
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Staphylococcus: 1:58am On May 19, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
Unless if your statement is for the purpose of debate, what makes you think Nigerians do not "have smartness to give"?

Let's build a base from there...

Any why status quo will remain same
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by GreatResearcher1: 2:07am On May 19, 2020
2face come to mind @ the last image.
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Solsix(m): 2:08am On May 19, 2020
Yes we are smart but from negative a d wicked side of life
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Dewze(m): 2:09am On May 19, 2020
Wisdom builds a nation, not smartness.

1 Like

Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Stephenomozzy(m): 2:13am On May 19, 2020
Staphylococcus:

Any why status quo will remain same

The content of your reply speaks volume to support your claim. Some Nigerians truly aren't smart.

But, in response to Op's questions.... It takes more than smarts to develop any sector of a country let alone it's political system.

Seeing that the political class have the final say in the direction where ship of our country will sail to, by the time a "smart person must have wriggled his way to the top seat of power" he must have pledged and likely done unspeakable things that just may taint his resolve to positively use his smarts. Rather he begins to work with instincts often inspired by emotions and dragged down my embargoes.

We only seem to use our smarts online these days to push trends and influence contents but the impact of that is scarcely felt because there so few people in power with the will and wit to utilize the outpouring of smart inspiration for communal development.

Loyalty and blind followership is the order of the day, and it has limited our ability to use our strength in numbers to push for betterment of the political system which will in turn change the country at large.

Yes, we have a lot of smart people, but WHO WILL BELL THE CAT?
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Staphylococcus: 2:22am On May 19, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

The content of your reply speaks volume to support your claim. Some Nigerians truly aren't smart.

But, in response to Op's questions.... It takes more than smarts to develop any sector of a country let alone it's political system.

Seeing that the political class have the final say in the direction where ship of our country will sail to, by the time a "smart person must have wriggled his way to the top seat of power" he must have pledged and likely done unspeakable things that just may taint his resolve to positively use his smarts. Rather he begins to work with instincts often inspired by emotions and dragged down my embargoes.

We only seem to use our smarts online these days to push trends and influence contents but the impact of that is scarcely felt because there so few people in power with the will and wit to utilize the outpouring of smart inspiration for communal development.

Loyalty and blind followership is the order of the day, and it has limited our ability to use our strength in numbers to push for betterment of the political system which will in turn change the country at large.

Yes, we have a lot of smart people, but WHO WILL BELL THE CAT?

You very correct and scripted wisely but what I oppose in your write-up is that you were trying to mince words and didn't hit the nail on the head.

And when you said "we have a lot of smart people" I can tell you they less than 1% of our population who mostly happen to be in the ruling class that have perfected a mechanism to deceive and manipulate the remaining 99%.

Also, the idea of "Online smartness" is funny grin grin grin
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Stephenomozzy(m): 2:30am On May 19, 2020
Staphylococcus:

You very correct and scripted wisely but what I oppose in your write-up is that you were trying to mince words and didn't hit the nail on the head.

And when you said "we have a lot of smart people" I can tell you they less than 1% of our population who mostly happen to be in the ruling class that have perfected a mechanism to deceive and manipulate the remaining 99%.

Also, the idea of "Online smartness" is funny grin grin grin

This is a summary of my write up Yes, we have a lot of smart people, but WHO WILL BELL THE CAT?

To say a country or 170million plus population only have 1% of smart people, riddles your comments with a lot of hyperbolic missiles.

Firstly, your statistics is wrong, as is common with Nigerians to toss figures around as perceived facts - being that there is no research or study to back your claims.

2nd, to say smartness is restricted to the now ruling class, negates your understanding of the concept of smart, Sir.

I'll like that you lecture me on your view... Make we banter, lol
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by MightySparrow: 2:44am On May 19, 2020
Righteousness( God's kind of smartness) exalts a nation.
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by ArcFresky(m): 2:51am On May 19, 2020
I think we have to consider our level of smartness.

Its not about being smart, it's about being willing to follow due process
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:08am On May 19, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

This is a summary of my write up Yes, we have a lot of smart people, but WHO WILL BELL THE CAT?

To say a country or 170million plus population only have 1% of smart people, riddles your comments with a lot of hyperbolic missiles.

Firstly, your statistics is wrong, as is common with Nigerians to toss figures around as perceived facts - being that there is no research or study to back your claims.

2nd, to say smartness is restricted to the now ruling class, negates your understanding of the concept of smart, Sir.

I'll like that you lecture me on your view... Make we banter, lol

"I can tell you they less than 1% of our population who mostly happen to be in the ruling class that have perfected a mechanism to deceive and manipulate the remaining 99%."

Am still of the very much opinion that 1% of our 280,000,000 populace are the only ones smart. That is still a large number that far more surpasses the count of the ruling class.

The minority outside politics can NEVER have an iota of influence and why everything about the country is messed up
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Stephenomozzy(m): 3:58am On May 19, 2020
CoronaVirusRelo:

The minority outside politics can NEVER have an iota of influence and why everything about the country is messed up

Wrong! Very Wrong...... It's a question of "Will" other than inability.

Do we care at all? Or our self-sufficient tendencies have made us (the smart and not so smart according to you all pushing for 1%) see no reason to engage in a tug of war with people who are majorly dignified thugs?
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Billygee2u: 5:44am On May 19, 2020
Solsix:

Both negative and positive,Nigerians are not SMART. How can smart people have a president like the man at Aso Rock?
How can smart people tolerate the kind of leaders in Niagara?
How can smart people keep mum and hide in shells when their government is constantly lying to them and looting their treasury with impunity?
How can smart people keep watching their government scamming them when it's obviously known that they're worst than Yahoo Yahoo boys?
How can Smart people not revolt when their government is looting #13billion + in pretence to feed school children at home?
How can Smart people not stop their government from taking excessive loan to loot and ruin the future of their born and unborn children?
The list is endless.
If you're not satisfied with all I said, you can correct me by answering the questions.
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by helinues: 5:48am On May 19, 2020
Our smartness is only for selfish gain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Billygee2u: 6:16am On May 19, 2020
helinues:
Our smartness is only for selfish gain
that's not smartness
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Jeffyblaq(m): 6:43am On May 19, 2020
Billygee2u:

Both negative and positive,Nigerians are not SMART. How can smart people have a president like the man at Aso Rock?
How can smart people tolerate the kind of leaders in Niagara?
How can smart people keep mum and hide in shells when their government is constantly lying to them and looting their treasury with impunity?
How can smart people keep watching their government scamming them when it's obviously known that they're worst than Yahoo Yahoo boys?
How can Smart people not revolt when their government is looting #13billion + in pretence to feed school children at home?
How can Smart people not stop their government from taking excessive loan to loot and ruin the future of their born and unborn children?
The list is endless.
If you're not satisfied with all I said, you can correct me by answering the questions.
Say no more buddy.

The list is endless.

Very pathetic nations and folks in it!
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Stephenomozzy(m): 7:27am On May 19, 2020
Billygee2u:

How can smart people tolerate the kind of leaders in Niagara? et al...... .

There's a difference between smart and COURAGE
there's a difference between smart and INTEGRITY
There's a difference between smart and BRAVERY
There's a difference between smart and DEMANDING AND FIGHTING FOR THE TRUTH.

Here are meanings of the term "SMART"

Sharp; keen; poignant.
Exhibiting social ability or cleverness.
Exhibiting intellectual knowledge, such as that found in books.
Equipped with intelligent behaviour.
Good-looking.
Cleverly and/or sarcastically humorous in a way that may be rude and disrespectful
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:03am On May 19, 2020
Staphylococcus:
How did you arrive at the conclusion that Nigerians are smart.

Lets start from there.

so are you insinuating that nigeria don't have smart and wise people that can move the country foward.
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:04am On May 19, 2020
Solsix:
hmn its very bad sha
Re: If Nigerians Are wise people Why Don't We Use Our wisdom To Develop Nigeria? by GamalNasser: 9:08am On May 19, 2020
The average IQ in Nigeria is 67 and that's where most of the problems lie , the IQ of the current president is even far below that and that's why his govt is the way it is ..

(1) (Reply)

See Oluomachi Joseph Opara, Nigerian Most Wanted Kid At The Moment (video) / When Will Revolution Start???? / Attorney General Abubakar Malami plotting with IGP to arrest Sowore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.