Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,722 members, 7,831,296 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:42 PM

About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed (1919 Views)

2005 Odyssey & 2005 Sienna: Which Is Better? / I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying / I Have An Offer To Purchase A Nigerian Use 2009 Honda Accord At 800k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by CallmeMVP(m): 2:55am On May 19, 2020
Hi guys,

A friend of mine needs a minivan for commercial use, after searching for the best make to go for, we finnaly settled for Honda Odessey, we actually wanted to go for Nigerian used sienna but still, it was too expensive compared to our budget, so we had to choose between Honda Ody 2002, Nissan quest 2004 and Mazda mpv.

So after comparing all the 3, we finally settled for Honda Odessey 2002, we found someone who wants to sell he's, the price is within our budget and from pictures, the minivan is still clean but however, he said the car is automatic transmission and the only problem the car has is that it doesn't change/shift gear on time, but he said he will fix it and we will pay 470k for the minivan, but if we are going to fix it ourselves, we will pay 450k, and from the pictures he sent, I saw the minivan has already done over 224 000 in mileage.

Please am a total novice when it comes to cars and so is my friend, we don't want to end up with something we will only use for a few months and problem will start..

Please your advice is needed, is this car good to go for or should we run away from it??

Please see picture of mileage below

Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by KodakBlack: 4:32am On May 19, 2020
Let the owner fix the gear then you buy it. Don’t fall for the old trick, if you buy agreeing to fix the gear, you’ll be swept off your feet with how much money will go down the drain.
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by boldx(m): 5:09am On May 19, 2020
So the cost of buying a new transmission is now 20k. My brother, if you know what is good for you and your friend, please leave that car. Don't ask me why?

5 Likes

Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by ksmart027(m): 6:29am On May 19, 2020
Bros all the three cars you mentioned above are not rugged for transport and perhaps that honda odessey are prone to gear failure. You can also consider these vehicles, volkswagen sharan, opel zafira or toyota picnic. You should go for manual transmission, as for the toyota picnic you can consider automatic.

4 Likes

Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Bluehill1051: 7:18am On May 19, 2020
ksmart027:
Bros all the three cars you mentioned above are not rugged for transport and perhaps that honda odessey are prone to gear failure. You can also consider these vehicles, volkswagen sharan, opel zafira or toyota picnic. You should go for manual transmission, as for the toyota picnic you can consider automatic.
You've said it all.
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Toyosienna: 7:59am On May 19, 2020
CallmeMVP:
Hi guys,

A friend of mine needs a minivan for commercial use, after searching for the best make to go for, we finnaly settled for Honda Odessey, we actually wanted to go for Nigerian used sienna but still, it was too expensive compared to our budget, so we had to choose between Honda Ody 2002, Nissan quest 2004 and Mazda mpv.

So after comparing all the 3, we finally settled for Honda Odessey 2002, we found someone who wants to sell he's, the price is within our budget and from pictures, the minivan is still clean but however, he said the car is automatic transmission and the only problem the car has is that it doesn't change/shift gear on time, but he said he will fix it and we will pay 470k for the minivan, but if we are going to fix it ourselves, we will pay 450k, and from the pictures he sent, I saw the minivan has already done over 224 000 in mileage.

Please am a total novice when it comes to cars and so is my friend, we don't want to end up with something we will only use for a few months and problem will start..

Please your advice is needed, is this car good to go for or should we run away from it??

Please see picture of mileage below

Don’t Don’t run for your life odyssey gbese as for quest too don’t ,,Sienna is the best on that line but the cost ,and mpv I don’t know much about but move close to peoples doing the business seek advice on them
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by TPound(m): 8:16am On May 19, 2020
For something in your budget, 2000-2002 Nissan quest is the most rugged...

The 2004 quest was manufactured by the devil himself

1 Like 1 Share

Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Toyosienna: 8:20am On May 19, 2020
TPound:
For something in your budget, 2000-2002 Nissan quest is the most rugged...

The 2004 quest was manufactured by the devil himself
How reliable is quest, I heard is not a good minivan to near 70% complain and notice truelly not much on naija road
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by TPound(m): 9:57am On May 19, 2020
Toyosienna:

How reliable is quest, I heard is not a good minivan to near 70% complain and notice truelly not much on naija road

I used two of it at a go for 5 years...

The second was bought in 2017 and I never regretted for a day
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by tensazangetsu20(m): 12:29pm On May 19, 2020
Avoid that honda odyssey. It's prone to transmission failure.
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by buygala(m): 12:48pm On May 19, 2020
Op, a Toyota Previa will be much better for you than all those vehicles you listed...

That vehicle is far stronger than a Siena and even more spacious...and the fuel consumption is fair as well...

A good Nigerian used one should be within your budget...Contact the moniker Tpound...he can help you get one

I am talking about the older model sha..a lot of th em are used for interstate transport in the South West...at least I see many of them here in the North carrying day-old chicks all the way from Ota Farm in Ogun State..

2 Likes

Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Toyosienna: 12:58pm On May 19, 2020
TPound:

I used two of it at a go for 5 years... I never regretted for a day

What about for transport biz. Interstate precisely Lagos to ilorin
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Toyosienna: 1:12pm On May 19, 2020
[quote author=buygala post=89720013]Op, a Toyota Previa will be much better for you than all those vehicles you listed...

That vehicle is far stronger than a Siena and even more spacious...and the fuel consumption is fair as well...

A good Nigerian used one should be within your budget...Contact the moniker Tpound...he can help you get one

I am talking about the older model sha..a lot of th em are used for interstate transport in the South West...at least I see many of them here in the North carrying day-old chicks all the way from Ota Farm in Ogun

K
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by TPound(m): 1:17pm On May 19, 2020
Toyosienna:

What about for transport biz. Interstate precisely Lagos to ilorin

Akwa ibom transport has it in their fleet
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by TPound(m): 1:19pm On May 19, 2020
buygala:
Op, a Toyota Previa will be much better for you than all those vehicles you listed...

I am talking about the older model sha..a lot of th em are used for interstate transport in the South West...at least I see many of them here in the North carrying day-old chicks all the way from Ota Farm in Ogun State..

True...but they also have a defect... The oil pump in the engine gives way easily
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by buygala(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2020
TPound:

True...but they also have a defect... The oil pump in the engine gives way easily

Was..I didn't know that sha

But I guess it's manageable since so many of the Previa are on the roadsmiley
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by TPound(m): 3:56pm On May 19, 2020
buygala:

Was..I didn't know that sha

But I guess it's manageable since so many of the Previa are on the roadsmiley

If you have a driver who has used that vehicle, ask him,he will tell you he changes the oil pump or rather still,the engine every 8 months...I used the car between 2005-2009 and I tell you...I've changed the engine if that car at least 4 times...(tho the engine costs 40k) then
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Toyosienna: 5:38pm On May 19, 2020
TPound:

Akwa ibom transport has it in their fleet

If that it’s indeed good ,I will make more research becos Sienna is the one I want to go for but expensive what year you recommend
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by TPound(m): 5:39pm On May 19, 2020
Toyosienna:

If that it’s indeed good ,I will make more research becos Sienna is the one I want to go for but expensive what year you recommend

1999-2002
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Toyosienna: 5:43pm On May 19, 2020
TPound:

1999-2002

Ok thank bro Wht about their maintenance and likely prob and how often?
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by TPound(m): 5:44pm On May 19, 2020
Toyosienna:

Ok thank bro Wht about their maintenance and likely prob and how often?

You can Whatsapp me on the number in my signature for more info
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by CallmeMVP(m): 12:20am On May 20, 2020
Thank you everyone, I appreciate all your advices
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by Toyosienna: 12:39am On May 20, 2020
CallmeMVP:
Thank you everyone, I appreciate all your advices

Bro can we chat on WhatsApp’s ve some questions to ask you ,plz kindly drop ur what’sapps digit
Re: About To Purchase A Nigerian Used Odyssey, Advices Needed by CallmeMVP(m): 9:59pm On May 24, 2020
Toyosienna:

Bro can we chat on WhatsApp’s ve some questions to ask you ,plz kindly drop ur what’sapps digit

(1) (Reply)

How To Verify The Authenticity Of Your Number Plate / The 2018 Kia K9 Looks Like It's Ready To Hunt You Down (photos) / Biden Takes New Electric F-150 For A Test Drive: 'this Sucker's Quick'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.