Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,839 members, 7,813,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying (4843 Views)

Are People Still Buying Cars In This Economy With The Current Fuel Price Hike? / Accord 05 Stereo / Accord 05 idle High And Low When in traffic (RPM) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 10:10am On Apr 05, 2020
I have used a Honda bullet 96 model,and never had issues with it,infact used 2,the legs never pulled out cos I always paid attention to sounds,now I want to get a good used Honda Accord 05 aka EOD,I love the car cos of its interiors,Ac and sound system ,also it’s design ,pls give me a good reason why I should not go for it
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 10:17am On Apr 05, 2020
psalmz:
I have used a Honda bullet 96 model,and never had issues with it,infact used 2,the legs never pulled out cos I always paid attention to sounds,now I want to get a good used Honda Accord 05 aka EOD,I love the car cos of its interiors,Ac and sound system ,also it’s design ,pls give me a good reason why I should not go for it

No reason because you seem to have maintance culture! !!

Go for it but open your eyes and the likes when getting one.

You can also read my writeup on "Useful Tips For Buying Nigerian-used Cars/Vehicles" here 》https://www.nairaland.com/5770578/useful-tips-buying-nigerian-used-cars if you insist or your budget is not more than that of a Nigerian-used.

Modified

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by alphaNomega: 10:22am On Apr 05, 2020
You have experience with the brand and the EOD is a significant upgrade to your Bullet. There is no reason why you should not go for it.

5 Likes

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 10:26am On Apr 05, 2020
alphaNomega:

You have experience with the brand and the EOD is a significant upgrade to your Bullet. There is no reason why you should not go for it.
cos people still use the car all over Lagos

1 Like

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by owelle22(m): 10:26am On Apr 05, 2020
Nigeria used no
Tokunbo yes

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 10:26am On Apr 05, 2020
legalwealth:

No reason because you seem to have maintance culture! !!

Go for it but open your eyes and the likes when getting one.
thanx
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 10:27am On Apr 05, 2020
owelle22:
Nigeria used no
Tokunbo yes
my budget is 600,and it has to be of high standard
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 10:29am On Apr 05, 2020
psalmz:
thanx

You are welcome! !!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by ProtectMyMoney: 10:30am On Apr 05, 2020
psalmz:

The only vehicles i come across on the road with front axles tearing apart are Honda Vehicles, whether car or SUV...

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 10:45am On Apr 05, 2020
ProtectMyMoney:

The only vehicles i come across on the road with front axles tearing apart are Honda Vehicles, whether car or SUV...

Some other vehicles even Toyota do as well.

Lack of maintenance culture
Usage of cheap parts
Usage of cheap parts for too long than necessary
Ignoring warning sounds
Etc

To be frank, I still have my EOD 2005 and I have never experienced such since early 2016. I replace necessary parts with quality ones. I change in pairs; like the last time I changed its ball joints, one was still okay while the other one is getting bad but I replaced the two with very okay ones.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by nrexzy: 10:58am On Apr 05, 2020
Bow-joint wahala
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by dicksonadams(m): 11:00am On Apr 05, 2020
Use oem ball and you are find... Your China ball joint and you are not fine

3 Likes

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2020
legalwealth:

Some other vehicles even Toyota do as well.

Lack of maintenance culture
Usage of cheap parts
Usage of cheap parts for too long than necessary
Ignoring warning sounds
Etc

To be frank, I still have my EOD 2005 and I have never experienced such since early 2016. I replace necessary parts with quality ones. I change in pairs; like the last time I changed its ball joints, one was still okay while the other one is getting bad but I replaced the two with very okay ones.
the question is where to get those parts
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 11:03am On Apr 05, 2020
dicksonadams:
Use oem ball and you are find... Your China ball joint and you are not fine
how do u know the original Bol joints

1 Like

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 11:21am On Apr 05, 2020
psalmz:
the question is where to get those parts

There are always quality ones available around though. You just need to search and do with good money. For example, there is a part going for N2,500 while there is another one going for N4,000 but most people will go for that of N2,500 and want to use it for like it is OEM.

If you want to actually get quality aftermarket or OEM parts, it is better you order by yourself from selected online stores in abroad.

Last year when I had to replace its upstream oxygen sensor, I tested it with belgium ones but it kept rejecting them I think being a USA model.

I was able to fix the issue after I imported Honda OEM upstream and downstream oxygen sensors from USA and fixed them onto it of which the check engine light dissapeared without having to clear any code. Both cost me like N75,000 (N50,000 for the upstream and N25,000 for the downstream).
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by woodrow(m): 11:24am On Apr 05, 2020
Just make sure you get a good car.eijther Nigerian used or tokunbo.i think hubcruz has one for sale.you can check his profile,you might just be lucky.
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 1:50pm On Apr 05, 2020
legalwealth:

There are always quality ones available around though. You just need to search and do with good money. For example, there is a part going for N2,500 while there is another one going for N4,000 but most people will go for that of N2,500 and want to use it for like it is OEM.

If you want to actually get quality aftermarket or OEM parts, it is better you order by yourself from selected online stores in abroad.

Last year when I had to replace its upstream oxygen sensor, I tested it with belgium ones but it kept rejecting them I think being a USA model.

I was able to fix the issue after I imported Honda OEM upstream and downstream oxygen sensors from USA and fixed them onto it of which the check engine light dissapeared without having to clear any code. Both cost me like N75,000 (N50,000 for the upstream and N25,000 for the downstream).
so getting genuine parts is best gotten from the USA
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 1:51pm On Apr 05, 2020
woodrow:
Just make sure you get a good car.eijther Nigerian used or tokunbo.i think hubcruz has one for sale.you can check his profile,you might just be lucky.
thanx chief ,will check
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by sheantip(m): 1:58pm On Apr 05, 2020
Well, I think a ball joint issue is small compared to issues a Honda accord might have.
Are Honda engines strong?
The good is the gear?
Does it have electric problems etc.

Answers to the above questions is what the op would like to have.
Not only ball joint issues all the time.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 2:15pm On Apr 05, 2020
sheantip:
Well, I think a ball joint issue is small compared to issues a Honda accord might have.
Are Honda engines strong?
The good is the gear?
Does it have electric problems etc.

Answers to the above questions is what the op would like to have.
Not only ball joint issues all the time.
u said my mind boss

1 Like

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 2:18pm On Apr 05, 2020
psalmz:
so getting genuine parts is best gotten from the USA

Can't say genuine parts can only be gotten from USA but that is where I've been getting my stuffs from without any regret.
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 2:26pm On Apr 05, 2020
legalwealth:

Can't say genuine parts can only be gotten from USA but that is where I've been getting my stuffs from without any regret.
how long does it take to be delivered and what site do u use pls
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 2:27am On Apr 06, 2020
psalmz:
how long does it take to be delivered and what site do u use pls

Two weeks maximum! !!

I use amazon and ebay.
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 6:40am On Apr 06, 2020
legalwealth:

Two weeks maximum! !!

I use amazon and ebay.
God bless boss
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 10:15am On Apr 06, 2020
psalmz:
God bless boss

Amen! !!

And you too.
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 10:39am On Apr 06, 2020
legalwealth:

Amen! !!

And you too.
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by dicksonadams(m): 11:11am On Apr 06, 2020
legalwealth:

Two weeks maximum! !!

I use amazon and ebay.

And they do home delivery?
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by aAK1(m): 11:15am On Apr 06, 2020
If you are buying a Nigerian used, your major concern should be the gear. They are unforgiving if abused. Trust Nigerian mechanics to put in abro oil

2 Likes

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by legalwealth(m): 11:23am On Apr 06, 2020
dicksonadams:

And they do home delivery?

Some ship directly to Nigeria but what I normally do is ship to an address in USA and those in charge of the address send to Nigeria.

I go to them to get my items or I tell them to deliver my items to my house.

If you operate say amazon prime account, they ship same day to your USA address but standard shipping methods take not more than 5 days
to deliver within USA.
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by Tunex90: 11:24am On Apr 06, 2020
The reasons they are asking you not to go for the car are because of three things
1 Ball joints/shaft pulling out
2 Bad engine, (smokes too early)
3 Bad transmission system, (gear)

I've used the car and I can tell you the car is very good in some aspect as you mentioned, the sound system, the body design, AC, suspension and many more, it would be better if you buy a foreign used (Tokunbo) so that you won't regret buying a used one, cuz it's likely to have one or two of the three problems common with the car, and alternatively you could buy a used Toyota camry, 2002-06 (big daddy) instead, I promise you'll love the car, I took that decision and I did not regret, the car is awesome, only regular and minor maintenance.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by psalmz(m): 5:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
aAK1:
If you are buying a Nigerian used, your major concern should be the gear. They are unforgiving if abused. Trust Nigerian mechanics to put in abro oil
my budget is 600,concerned about the. Gear
Re: I Want To Purchase A Used Honda Accord 05,why Are People Against Me Buying by Fogman(m): 8:02pm On Apr 06, 2020
It's a very sweet, sleek and fast car. I bought mine 2007 model 5 years back and never had issues with it. Though the car was really pampered, so I expect nothing less than loyalty. I make sure I use Honda, Genuine oils for the car, in fact initially I use to buy the oils from US, until I discovered Willoughby street where genuine oils, and parts for Honda are sold. Car served me well, though I have retired her, have packed her unused for over 10months and reluctant to sell, even when a, friend offered me 900k, because of the affection I have for her.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Japanese Engine Versus German Engine, Which Last Longer? / Project: Supercharging An LR3 / 2013 Audi S5 Or 2013 BMW M3?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.