Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,160 members, 7,849,595 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:48 AM

Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? (585 Views)

Php Oop Video / Php Oop Quick Quiz / Moving To Oop Javascript/php Class Module Creation & Instantiation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? by Nobody: 1:41pm On Jan 16, 2011
Copyright &copy; <?php echo date("Y"wink;?> .com

or

Copyright &copy; 2011 .com

?
Re: Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? by ogzille(m): 7:40pm On Jan 16, 2011
Lol, i cant see any php code in the second anyway. but if i must choose , i will go with first cos of the php date object.
Re: Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jan 16, 2011
No mind me jare. I was just pulling legz, no OOP. But clearly, the PHP code is more efficient in the sense that it always knows the right date.
If you take a look at some sites, the developers have not yet updated the footer to 2010. This is a method i have adopted right from the
time i learnt php - and many of my PHP pals have adopted it too.
Re: Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? by yawatide(f): 11:46pm On Jan 16, 2011
playing devil's advocate, what of companies that had a copyright for a particular year but not for subsequent years?  Isn't it arguable that they can't lie to the public by stating that their site is still under copyright?  cool cool

My (devil's advocate) point:
The whole "copyright" thing has been abused in my opinion.  basically what has most likely happened is when one decided to learn web dev, they noticed that all sites had a copyright and so said to themselves, "so cool to have that copyright logo on a site.  My client go think say im dey hammer".  That of course explains why some "webmasters" don't think ahead by making the year dynamic.  All that they care about is that they got the "job" and dem don clean mouth be dat. if you push them further, they immediately point to google.com and facebook.com, telling you how with minimalistic code those 2 companies are making billions, and they themselves hopelessly hoping that they will make 1% of that.
Re: Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 17, 2011
As always you are correct again. I found it very annoying once or twice when a client "shouted at me angrily" to update his website faaast!

But maybe i will stop using that dynamic code. . . . . . . .
Re: Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? by Nobody: 8:01am On Jan 18, 2011
true, but incase u really resource sensitive u cud use client scripting but u never know when sm crackhead mite decide to disable js so php is better
Re: Now, Which One Of These Two Lines Is Php Oop? by Nobody: 9:37am On Jan 18, 2011
Client scripting is completely out of it. Sometimes, even my own PC time is incorrect. . .

(1) (Reply)

Profesional Website Designing Work Made Easy. Software. / Webhosting Special Offers / Website Name Needed Urgently

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.