Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,594 members, 7,816,469 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:35 AM

Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 (18524 Views)

Oil price rises as uncertainty over Nigeria elections, Venezuela tension mounts / Make $250 Or More Weekly With One Time Investment Of $35. / Brent Crude Oil Jumps To 26-month High As Kurds Holds Referendum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by ChiefAfonja: 8:22am On May 19, 2020
SoNature:

If oil price falls to $0, you will run away from this country in frustration

Be careful what you wish for

At least we will start from zero and Nigerian polithiefcians will have sense
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by spyglaxx: 8:22am On May 19, 2020
mtinfx:
Missing that oil trade at 7$ on fxtm still pains me till date

cry

Is it like spot trading in bitcoin? I will like to know more.
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Mazikic(m): 8:32am On May 19, 2020
Lostz:
for the idiots who think Niger Delta oil will soon become useless.

oil can never become useless. don't listen to what the media says
The only thing oil exploration has brought to Niger Delta is pollution! I can't wait to reclaim our land from jackals!!!
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Mazikic(m): 8:35am On May 19, 2020
EdiskyHarry:
And some fools will come here to vomit rubbish against Niger delta, the region that is sustaining Nigeria and feeding your entire generation.
Niger Delta should only sustain itself! Are we Father Christmas?

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Nobody: 8:41am On May 19, 2020
spyglaxx:

Is it like spot trading in bitcoin? I will like to know more.

Spot trading using a broker that offers crude oil futures
Xm fxtm etc
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Nobody: 8:42am On May 19, 2020
Mazikic:

The only thing oil exploration has brought to Niger Delta is pollution! I can't wait to reclaim our land from jackals!!!

don't worry. a time will come and we are going to be incharge of our land

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by sulaak(m): 8:55am On May 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
Oil dependency or corrupt leaders?

Oil Dependency or oil rental: = leads to state capture where arrangement between elites align themselves with multi-national to exploit and abuse the state resources.

Oil dependency opens the doors for corrupt opportunist that are prepared to invest in corruption to occupied high office to access the sharing of oil wealth at the expense of good governance.

Remove oil dependency and you have productive and creative leadership that have more to offer their respective regions and states.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by edoairways: 8:57am On May 19, 2020
TheEffective:

When little doodles who obviously are being taken care of by their parents talk, you will know. Because they have no input like food, water, and clothing to the house, they seldom understand the impact of a drastic diversification of the country's economy.

You ease into diversity not a jump. If I were you, I will be praying for mummy and daddy to absorbed of any impact as a result of falling oil price.
But mamaafrik said the truth was this necessary?
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Nobody: 8:57am On May 19, 2020
Anybody that want to go into POS business should let me know by calling or WhatsApp 09070314423
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by mamaafrik(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2020
RapistOnBail:
You wait for the Government to diversify and enrich themselves. What about The citizens? What stops them from diversifying?
get informed bro.
Just one government move can make or mar you.
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by edoairways: 9:01am On May 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
What are you even saying?Didn't you know that oil was at a negative value recently?At least we'll be making money from it instead of the other way round.
sulaak is right, since the discovery of oil the government hasn't thought of other source of revenue aside tax. We have tourism, minerals and even entertainment that fetch cool cash but our leaders has poor insight
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by ddippset(m): 9:03am On May 19, 2020
TheEffective:

When little doodles who obviously are being taken care of by their parents talk, you will know. Because they have no input like food, water, and clothing to the house, they seldom understand the impact of a drastic diversification of the country's economy.

You ease into diversity not a jump. If I were you, I will be praying for mummy and daddy to absorbed of any impact as a result of falling oil price.
Brutality!!

Why you do him like that man?
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by SoNature(m): 9:04am On May 19, 2020
ChiefAfonja:

At least we will start from zero and Nigerian polithiefcians will have sense

Nope

They will increase taxes (I think the right word is to massively increase taxes) and Nigerians will just complain and keep quiet. I have never seen a people as ductile and tribalist as Nigerians.

A Nigerian man believes that if there is life there's hope...so, if you push him to the wall, he won't retaliate. Instead, he will break through the wall and run away, believing that there is hope on the other side of the wall.

Politicians will maintain their bogus pay packages with taxes and corruption will continue.

Yes, those lots know us so well as bloody cowards and ethnic bigots. So, nobody will complain or trigger a revolution. If Nigerians hadn't been stupid, this country would have split or had a revolution.

So, be careful what you guys wish for

3 Likes

Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by mamaafrik(m): 9:05am On May 19, 2020
Rgade:

If oil remains at $2 per barrel for like two years.
What resource is our government going to "diversify" the economy with?
Nigerians should be careful what we wish for, you need infrastructure to diversify an economy, the infrastructure needed is currently inexistent in the country; our current earnings will ensure that such infrastructures are put in place.
The same leaders that couldn't diversify the economy with the little Petro dollars they are getting, talk more of when it dries up.
They will just throw the country into an insurmountable debt trap with more intense borrowing, loot everything and officially declare Nigeria bankrupt and start calling for international aid and debt cancellations.
And we the masses will just be moving from one level of suffering to another through all the charade.
that is why it should go down,History has shown that government loves the easy oil cash.
When that is gone ,everyone head will correct from the top to the bottom.
How much is the total budget,how much is the budget of the Legislators,What of Governors security votes.
Do the math and see who is who
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by ddippset(m): 9:06am On May 19, 2020
edoairways:

But mamaafrik said the truth was this necessary?
What fuccking truth?

You think diversifying the economy is like going from 1st round to 2nd round with an olosho?

It's a gradual and painstaking process.

We start now, and the feel the full impact on at least 10 years' time.

Too bad the country has been talking about diversification for the past 20 years without any serious action.

1 Like

Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by omonnakoda: 9:08am On May 19, 2020
helinues:
Well not bad but still below expectation

Whose expectations?

I want a permanent crash so we can focus on what we really need to do.

As long as there is oil we will never develop
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by KingsCrossing: 9:09am On May 19, 2020
When you read folks comments/insights on National issues you will only but wonder...…….
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by helinues: 9:09am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

Whose expectations?

I want a permanent crash so we can focus on what we really need to do.

As long as there is oil we will never develop

How I wish our cluessless leaders could read this
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by GIdiata(m): 9:12am On May 19, 2020
Davash222:

How you easily left the head and attacked the tail shows the level of your bigotry.
What do you expect?
someone saying something meaningful the next thing you bring in Politics and BIGOTRY. how did you know he voted in favour of the present ADMINISTRATION? even if he did, did he in anyway tell you he's ok with the Administration?

STUPID NIGERIANS.

so if I voted someone and he's not doing well I don't have the right to Criticize him because I voted him abi?
reasons why some people hardly repent and some commit SUICIDE. because IDIOTS AND SADIST LIKE YOU WILL ALWAYS STIGMATIZE THEM. OLODO.
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by omonnakoda: 9:16am On May 19, 2020
helinues:

How I wish our cluessless leaders could read this
We did fine in the 60s without oil

We need to blame citizens as well.
In the US if you owe tax government can sell your house or cars to recover the debt.

If the same was happening in Nigeria people will start to ask what the money is used for and they would stop accepting 500 naira to vote in elections.
People are indifferent because they generally don't pay tax
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by helinues: 9:17am On May 19, 2020
omonnakoda:

We did fine in the 60s without oil

We need to blame citizens as well.
In the US if you owe tax government can sell your house or cars to recover the debt.

If the same was happening in Nigeria people will start to ask what the money is used for and they would stop accepting 500 naira to vote in elections.
People are indifferent because they generally don't pay tax

Hahahahah.. AMCON will disagree with this... grin
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by erico2k2(m): 9:32am On May 19, 2020
StubbornGENIUS:
This is a welcome development
Nah its sad. it would have been better if it went to $0, cos then we would have to look 4 another source of incom and develop our refinaries to welcome domestic trade back as it used to be!
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by mamaafrik(m): 9:39am On May 19, 2020
TheEffective:

Epeleooo, old rugged man,what dividend of the oil have you benefited since you were given birth to?
Calculate it and tell me its value in Naira,you talked about slow stride and not a jump,i guess you think you are learned abi,for your area you are the champ. Abi

Answer the. Following:
psychologically,who will want to work when he can see free gift??

Since 1957 from the first drop at oloibiri,that makes it 63 years,with your Big Intelligence quotient,does it look like the government is planning for any diversification,whether , Sharp,slow or steady , even when "getting the money is not our problem but how to spend it" of Gowon era??

During the regional system,were there growth or not??

What was Nigeria Naira value then and now?

What of in term of Global ranking and competitiveness
??
What of standard of living and employment rate?

How Did china must move out of poverty strickeness to the largest Business power ??

How did isreal move from Victim of Hitler with no land to settle on to
a viable power and economic bloc?

singapore,how did she turn from a third world country to a force to be reckoned with??
America nko,
Japan,how did she become so strong enough to build a solid economy and military then and be the third biggest economy today??
What of Norway and Germany ,how did they achive their Global rank today

Learn to reason optimally,they all didn't do it because they naturally wanted to,they were forced to do so because of Dire situation and stiff determination which nature is seemingly not tattooing with Nigeria.
Human being naturally don't want change,the same change that will improve them that is what Nigerian government need to autocorrect the silly mindset of "sebi there is oil,let's just sit in Abuja and let oil companies pay royalties", moving away from the comfort zone .
Can You see that you still need to learn mr. Methuselah.
Don't just open mouth like kuje prison gate next time to talk,talk intelligently.

2 Likes

Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Kokaine(m): 9:46am On May 19, 2020
TheEffective:
shocked

Oil price will definitely rise above what it was was pre Pandemic due to increasing demand as countries reopen and begin energy consumption.

This will give the nation's economy enough time to absorb or recover from the shock or loss. Then we can begin the process of a gradual diversity of the economy. It's a process not a emergency. The relevance of oil is still superior to renewable energy.

Don't forget that the scientists also witnessed this shake up and after the pandemic they will get back to work. They will work to smoothen the curve and eliminate the remaining ripples in the alternative energy play field. Either way, the next decade may see to the devaluation of fossil fuel. We need to prepare
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by edoairways: 9:53am On May 19, 2020
ddippset:
What fuccking truth?

You think diversifying the economy is like going from 1st round to 2nd round with an olosho?

It's a gradual and painstaking process.

We start now, and the feel the full impact on at least 10 years' time.

Too bad the country has been talking about diversification for the past 20 years without any serious action.
Diversification of the economy had been profer more than a decade ago so there is no excuse
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by EdiskyHarry: 9:55am On May 19, 2020
Mazikic:

Niger Delta should only sustain itself! Are we Father Christmas?
The northerners will never accept that, I pray our leaders will have sense one day.
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Nobody: 9:59am On May 19, 2020
Remember my old post? for smart forex traders that bought oil at $1, dont sell yet. time to make a fortune is coming.

Thats if you are not using a greedy broker.
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Thetruthalways: 10:08am On May 19, 2020
TheEffective:

Am telling you...they lack knowledge of the economy...they never know how things work...most of them don't know repercussions of low oil price...
Diversification of the economy is good...
But don't wish such for Naija
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by ddippset(m): 10:18am On May 19, 2020
edoairways:

Diversification of the economy had been profer more than a decade ago so there is no excuse
Agreed.

But thinking that it is better for oil to drop to $2 per barrel so that we can diversify is a logic that is suicidal.
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by Rexnegro(m): 10:43am On May 19, 2020
Davash222:

No be una elect them
who be una ? and also who u want elect wey be Messiah with sense ? they are all the same bro .
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by bluefilm: 10:52am On May 19, 2020
mamaafrik:
Somehow i just feel the oil should remain at $2 per barrel for like two years,maybe the government will take diversification of the economy seriously.

Deep down, you already know that you will be worse off it that happens.

Diversify or not, the looters will still be in business.

The diversification you are seeking for may not necessarily happen on a national scale.

You can start diversifying on your own skill acquisition.

That way, you are in a better position to keep earning no matter what the oil price might be.
Re: Oil Price Rises To Two-Month High Of $35 by bejeria101(m): 10:53am On May 19, 2020
The last cowbender prayers has been answered, airhead of a presidiot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

“nigerians Spend N1.8 Billion Daily On Sports Betting” – Analyst / Suntrust Bank Commissions Its First Off-site ATM / Becoming A Chartered Stock-Broker?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.