Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,551,825 members, 5,883,066 topics. Date: Monday, 28 September 2020 at 09:39 AM

My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job - Career (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job (47326 Views)

Ever Lost A Job Doing The Right Thing? My Experience Doing One / Meet Daniel Adekunle – Security Guard Turned Software Developer! (Photos, Video) / Security Guard With Master's Degree Gets N250K After Encounter With Man In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job by MrJavaS: 5:24am On May 23
ProfAmaben:

Hmmmm, seems you are not really into IT, PHP is gradually phasing out, it's becoming an outdated language. Google top 3 programming languages and see for yourself. JavaScript is not beans at all that's why they are in very high demand. You'll learn the syntax, angular, react and Gatsby, Node.js, Vue, Dom manipulation, and a host of other things. PHP is just a server side language.

Yea...I never really liked php
Re: My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job by AuwalYusuf812(m): 8:46am On May 23
BareFacedLies:

No matter how low my head is it can never be as low as your own!
buy sense

Re: My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job by Lmaomen1(m): 2:35pm On Jul 09
I also had a not very pleasant experience as a guard job but the problem is not in this type of work, the problem is in the team you work with. People see you the way you allow them to look at you. Yes, I agree, it's not an easy job, but if you chose to do that, my recommendation is to raise your head and keep going. Change the team, not the job. I did that and I am very happy that I did not give up the work I do because without us people would be unprotected. And we need to make them grateful to us that they are safe. Come and join my team Highly PROFESSIONAL Security Guard Services.
Re: My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job by hakeemhakeem(m): 8:04am On Jul 12
jamislaw:
May Allah bless you, after my NYSC I started teaching in a secondary school the salary was small but manageable things was going fine but suddenly the owner of the school stop paying us our salary for about three months.
I left the teaching job and got my self a security job, they pay promptly and also we use to get some incentives from the company aswell, I got married with this security job last year by God grace I have son now.
Do you know what happened? A week after my wife put to bed I got a call from one of the state agencies I applied 20017 when I finished my NYSC. I was surprised I couldn't believe until I went to their office and confirmed it.
Pls @ Op respect your self stop begging for money dress neat comb your heir, pullish your shoe and concentrate wallahi people will respect.
#My2cent
Right words
Pls @ Op respect your self stop begging for money dress neat comb your heir, pullish your shoe and concentrate wallahi people will respect.
Re: My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job by ZoeSanderson: 7:08pm On Jul 18
Lmaomen1:
I also had a not very pleasant experience as a guard job but the problem is not in this type of work, the problem is in the team you work with. People see you the way you allow them to look at you. Yes, I agree, it's not an easy job, but if you chose to do that, my recommendation is to raise your head and keep going. Change the team, not the job. I did that and I am very happy that I did not give up the work I do because without us people would be unprotected. And we need to make them grateful to us that they are safe. Come and join my team Highly PROFESSIONAL Security Guard Services.

Could you tell me more about this company? Let's talk in private.
Re: My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job by unibenakpos(m): 9:38pm On Aug 28
I hope Op sees this
For me why I think a security job is a no no is because they are poorly paid, in almost all organisation they are the least paid, even cleaner dey collect money pass them.
You know in Nigeria people respect you for the money you have not the degree or skill you have, therefore you must be able to convert your degree and skill to money effectively. you must be able to plan properly.
I don't think I security man that want to make it should marry as a security man, such a man should struggle to get past that position before marriage because with marriage comes more responsibility hence you are more afraid of being jobless. leaving the job might not cross your mind but you will be praying for dismissal from work.
Now you should put effort in learning how to do something else because saving from your salary na hard task. you should improve on your self esteem too, it would help.
lastly, I would consider a conductor work in Lagos than being a security man for one simple reason, The pay is too low. if you don't look for something else you can do, something else you can do won't look for you.
Re: My Bitter Experience Doing A Security Guard Job by Mighteesam: 9:36pm On Sep 16
Please My People, I Need Security Job In Lagos State Please, You Can Contact Me On: 09078711106 Or 07065581560, Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Sarah Adenike Morocco-Clarke Dies At 80 (Nigeria's First Female Banker) / 10 Sexist Scenarios That Women Face At Work / KPMG: My Temp Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.