Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,893 members, 7,828,157 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. (1521 Views)

Stop The Embarrassment Stop Snoring / Coronavirus: My Experience Calling The NCDC Toll-free Number / Stop Calling It 'gap Teeth' Or 'open Teeth, See The Real Name For It (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 8:20am On May 19, 2020
Many of us should be careful with the way we speak everyday, we all know that English is not our mother tongue we all have our respective native dialects.
For we to look different, unique and presentable we must learn to pronounce some kinds of words. For example.

Moi-Moi is called Bean pudding.

Akara is called Bean cake

Pap/Akamu is called Corn flakes.

Today's teaching I will be telling us the original name of Okra.

Okra is a nutritious with many health benefit it is rich in magnesium, folate, fiber and vitamin C, K1 and A. Okra is beneficial for pregnant woman, it also help to reduce blood sugar, control heat health, to avoid embarrassment the original name for Okra is
Ladyfinger.
In your closet or when been at home you can call it Okra but when outside you can be unique and different by calling it Ladyfinger.

1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Denique(f): 8:28am On May 19, 2020
Sheybi "Pizza" is an English word

Sheybi "Macaroni, Bouquet" were originally English words

When next you go to the Mile 12 market, ask for "Ladyfinger"... Wa pe lori iduro undecided

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by tesseract: 8:28am On May 19, 2020
Please I'd like to order 3 wraps of semo and lady finger soup undecided

Smh...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 8:28am On May 19, 2020
Abeg if you can't pronounce it well, or the person u are communicating with can't understand you, pls pause and tell the person you're joking. You cannot come and kill yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by frfrank(m): 8:28am On May 19, 2020
I love okra.. oops sorry Ladyfinger

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by temblor1(m): 8:29am On May 19, 2020
You mean say this Ladyfinger na substitute for cucumber in the womanly world
I know say e dey come with handle wink

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by mycar: 8:31am On May 19, 2020
I call it okro

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by SalafRider(m): 8:52am On May 19, 2020
Ehen so if I go to market later I'll be like Salamualaikum mallam give me lady finger N100. Wuna no go kee person with English

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by seunlayi(m): 9:29am On May 19, 2020
Thank you op, don't mind those above me
Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by seborrhic: 9:44am On May 19, 2020
INVINCIBLECSP1:
Many of us should be careful with the way we speak everyday, we all know that English is not our mother tongue we all have our respective native dialects.
For we to look different, unique and presentable we must learn to pronounce some kinds of words. For example.

Moi-Moi is called Bean pudding.

Akara is called Bean cake

Pap/Akamu is called Corn flakes.

Today's teaching I will be telling us the original name of Okra.

Okra is a nutritious with many health benefit it is rich in magnesium, folate, fiber and vitamin C, K1 and A. Okra is beneficial for pregnant woman, it also help to reduce blood sugar, control heat health, to avoid embarrassment the original name for Okra is
Ladyfinger.
In your closet or when been at home you can call it Okra but when outside you can be unique and different by calling it Ladyfinger.
U are an embarrassment to your ancestors and your present generation.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by ABOVEDELAW: 9:45am On May 19, 2020
JUST SHUT UP AND STOP EMBARASSING YOURSELF, WHAT CONCERNS OYIBO WITH AKARA AND MOI-MOI, DO THEY HAVE THEM OVER THERE?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 9:52am On May 19, 2020
seborrhic:

U are an embarrassment to your ancestors and your present generation.
Are u ok? Is anything wrong with you??
Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Elimon(m): 11:39am On May 19, 2020
Okra is in all English dictionary and its a Nigerian origin...so fv*k da Lady finger

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by billynoni(m): 3:44pm On May 19, 2020
Dear OP, ladyfinger or ladytoe abi ladyhead is not my problem right now. If your Pap/Akamu is called Corn flakes... Then what do we call that product, that Nasco and Kellogg produce jare?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by somtoto(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2020
billynoni:
Dear OP, ladyfinger or ladytoe abi ladyhead is not my problem right now. If your Pap/Akamu is called Corn flakes... Then what do we call that product, that Nasco and Kellogg produce jare?
same question i was about to ask the op.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by somtoto(m): 3:58pm On May 19, 2020
Mummy wetin dey hungry me today na ladyfinger soup. grin grin grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by gnss(m): 4:25pm On May 19, 2020
Denique:

When next you go to the Mile 12 market, ask for "Ladyfinger"... Wa pe lori iduro undecided
. >: grin

2 Likes

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by bizzibodi(m): 2:29am On May 20, 2020
Some people has missing nuts upstairs,who told you Okra is an english word,who told you akamu is corn flake?do whitemen eats akara,moi moi that they insist it must be called beans pudding?do u know what flakes is?Even the english you claim you can speak well is a mixture of german,french,latin,nordic languages just like our pigin english has mixture of edo,waffi,yoruba,igbo & hausa words.mmmnncheww!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by OkikiOluwa1(m): 7:04am On May 20, 2020
op sine indigenous names can't change
Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Passionate888: 1:12am On May 29, 2020
Denique:

even the 2 most popular words this period ( Corona and Quarantine) aren't English words, they were borrowed.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 10:29am On Oct 14, 2022
Hello comrades. The bastard in my signature have done it again. The boss ban until Mayw2023 gringringringrin

He think he will make me stop coming after him. He is lucky I don't always make front page because I am not as useless and jobless like him. I always at the Lab.
Well I will be using this moniker until when my main moniker will be free next month.
I have this Liverpool spirit in me. I don't give up. I will make him
I can't quit NL because of one PIG like that.

Anfieldfan angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson alfredosky Jentuprinz Guidedee Burna440 Masterflowx Maynation
crazygodd kyase ray07 redblood01 dfrost fergie001 Oludharay rodwave Playermaker1 Sammy07 openmine lamasta silentgroper vickyrotex mangekyo Ojeemah paulolee sherylbaky Alaganature09 bigdawsnet meksbig
minemrys Silentgroper simeon007 Athemisia Babalbo Goldenjat Iliveforever Blackbishop foutboys Charlex23 Oloniyan Supermajor Oluwafeolami Slimdaddypee

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Kyase(m): 10:55am On Oct 14, 2022
INVINCIBLECSP1:
Hello comrades. The bastard in my signature have done it again. The boss ban until Mayw2023 gringringringrin

He think he will make me stop coming after him. He is lucky I don't always make front page because I am not as useless and jobless like him. I always at the Lab.
Well I will be using this moniker until when my main moniker will be free next month.

Anfieldfan angelfrost fuckingmallam45 ebukahades10 gbest90 Wordson alfredosky Jentuprinz Guidedee Burna440 Masterflowx Maynation
crazygodd kyase ray07 redblood01 dfrost fergie001 Oludharay rodwave Playermaker1 Sammy07 openmine lamasta silentgroper vickyrotex mangekyo Ojeemah paulolee sherylbaky Alaganature09 bigdawsnet meksbig
minemrys Silentgroper simeon007 Athemisia Babalbo Goldenjat Iliveforever Blackbishop foutboys Charlex23 Oloniyan Supermajor Oluwafeolami Slimdaddypee

Calm down bro
Life no too hard

By the way
Man city go show una shege this Sunday cheesy
Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 14, 2022
ok, I'll like to eat fufu with lady finger tonight. Eeediot.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by DSC7: 4:41pm On Oct 14, 2022
If my mama hear this one she go think say i dey possesed....

Lady Finger ko, lady toes ni....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Ray07(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2022
INVINCIBLECSP1:

it well . . .
The Liverpool spirit though. The spirit shall run and leave behind the body tomorrow. grin
Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 3:46am On Nov 02, 2022
I am sorry guys for bringing it here. I will make i short and simple. It seems fraudsters have devices a new method of duping people. Calling a random number and using jaz to make the victim do their bidding. Omo it happened to me. And a POS operator was involved and they duped us 47k. Incase you receive such calls that tells you such and say don't cut the calls. Omo nah them. They use Jaz.

Guys my own money too was involved. And I Lost my savings. Right now I don't have money to pay back the POS operator and he has involved the police. They gave me till evening today or they will arrest me.
This is not a joke is all real.
Please sincerely plead with anyone that can lend me some money, I will pay by this month end. My rent just expired and I have used my salary to pay. Please guys help a comrade from been shamed.
I am pleading.
Screenshot below. I can give you my details for communication. Is all true. I wish it never happened but that's life.
This is Chikason22.

Fergie001 Angelfrost Wirdson Lamasta Ebikahades10 gbest90 crazygod kyase, silentgroper, rodwave, openmine athenmisia playmsker14 and the rest of the comrades. Please I need you guys assistant. I don't want to smell NPF police station.
That's my number to reach out. 08160172438. Calls and WhatsApp. Thanks guys. And I apologize for posting this. I really don't know where to go right now.

Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Eriggs: 7:37am On Nov 02, 2022
sad
Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by Kyase(m): 11:17am On Nov 02, 2022
INVINCIBLECSP1:
I am sorry guys for bringing it here. I will make i short and simple. It seems fraudsters have devices a new method of duping people. Calling a random number and using jaz to make the victim do their bidding. Omo it happened to me. And a POS operator was involved and they duped us 47k. Incase you receive such calls that tells you such and say don't cut the calls. Omo nah them. They use Jaz.

Guys my own money too was involved. And I Lost my savings. Right now I don't have money to pay back the POS operator and he has involved the police. They gave me till evening today or they will arrest me.
This is not a joke is all real.
Please sincerely plead with anyone that can lend me some money, I will pay by this month end. My rent just expired and I have used my salary to pay. Please guys help a comrade from been shamed.
I am pleading.
Screenshot below. I can give you my details for communication. Is all true. I wish it never happened but that's life.
This is Chikason22.

Fergie001 Angelfrost Wirdson Lamasta Ebikahades10 gbest90 crazygod kyase, silentgroper, rodwave, openmine athenmisia playmsker14 and the rest of the comrades. Please I need you guys assistant. I don't want to smell NPF police station.
That's my number to reach out. 08160172438. Calls and WhatsApp. Thanks guys. And I apologize for posting this. I really don't know where to go right now.

Senior men go attend to you
Fergie001
Angelfrost
Lamasta
Gbest90
Dfrost

This one choke me
Re: Avoid Embarrassment Stop Calling It 'okra' It Is Wrong, See The Correct Word. by INVINCIBLECSP1(m): 11:44am On Nov 02, 2022
Kyase:

Senior men go attend to you
Fergie001
Angelfrost
Lamasta
Gbest90
Dfrost

This one choke me
Abeg make them come oo. I am heartbroken already. I haven't been myself since yesterday.
Fergie001 dfrost, Lamasta please help a brother.
That's me. I don't fake things. I have never asked before. But this choke me

(1) (Reply)

The Effective Treatment For Male Infertility / Do You Smoke Weed? / Thank God For Health!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.