Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,001 members, 7,825,102 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Black Boy; Endengered Specie - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Black Boy; Endengered Specie (437 Views)

Dairy Of A Black Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Black Boy; Endengered Specie by brimdans(m): 11:51am On May 19, 2020
Please dear nairalanders I want you guys to please help and criticize my write-up.its my first attempt. Bashing is allowed

Richard Wright's masterpiece; Native son was a story about a young boy named Bigger Thomas, who murdered his master's daughter in cold blood, after smothering her, he carried her and took her to the burning furnace and dropped her inside the fire. It was a very gruesome and horrific way to die. Bigger was a poor black boy and his master's daughter was a rich White girl. If you haven't read the book, then the consequences is bettered imagined that said, or better still go find a copy and read. Eventually Bigger Thomas was sentenced to death. A lawyer tried in futility to see how Bigger Thomas sentence could be reduced to at least some years sentence, or maybe life imprisonment. Max the lawyer tried to bring claims in court that Bigger Thomas actually did commit the crime, but there are factors that actually contributed, mainly sociological factors. The society wasn't fair on Bigger, mainly because of his race, probably background and gender. It's understood that young male black folks are already at an disadvantage, because the are already labeled and tagged thugs, touts and rascals. The society frowns and looks at them with suspicion and disdain, mostly are judged even before they are known. So many factors was raised by Lawyer Max in order to get to reduce the sentence for Bigger. In the end his claims couldn't go through and Bigger Thomas was still sentenced to death.
Dr Ben Carson in his book "The Big Picture" also made a claim for the young black male in America. Most lack direction and plans for there lives, they lack mentorship, so most of them lives with a victim mentally, making them vulnerable to crimes, because they feel betrayed.
Now let me come home, a few days ago a promising young lad was gunned down by some trigger happy security men. This isn't the first of it's kind, it has happened one to many times across the country. The young Rinji who was just a boy of 20, doesn not deserve such a cruel and avoidable death. At least this time around the army didn't deny the act as the usually do, probably because of the media attention it generated, so it's only wise on there part to accept responsibility and own up to it. Ours is to hope, the matter isn't swept under the carpet as always.
why is the black boy endengered? Why is he always tagged a rascal, even before anything about him is known. So many unanswered questions.
Re: Black Boy; Endengered Specie by dfrost: 8:45pm On May 21, 2021
Reply if you see this. Your thread brought me here.

(1) (Reply)

Let Talk Words In Emotions / I Need A Writer Who Specializes In Blockchain / New Writer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.