Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:11 AM

Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria (1088 Views)

The Worlds Biggest And Most Beautiful Ship, Its More Developed Than Some Cities / Reasons Why Dubai Is Called FAKE CITY / Dubai Is Just Good For Tourism. Most Nigerians Are Suffering There. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by travelwaka: 12:14pm On May 19, 2020
I must admit, this lockdown had a toll on me and has made me vulnerable for a while in the sense that, I have been thinking more about Nigeria and it has made me seen the worst of the worst Nigeria has to offer. Nigerian issue is one thing I have always avoided, I have trained my mind to see the best in Nigeria. But with the recent activities happening within the last few days has got me thinking, this is something I have been avoiding for a long time.
With the latest news coming out of Nigeria I can’t help it, they got to me deeply
a. USA returned 300 Million Dollars Abacha loot, So far they have been able to recover over $4.6 billion From Abacha alone, and there are still more. So that means, as at 1998, Abacha was already a billionaire in Dollars from Nigeria loot. Before then other military rulers had run Nigeria dry and their loots haven’t been recovered till date.
b. Nigeria has less than 500 ventilators in the entire country. that means more than half of it might not be working and some might have been stolen or never supplied.
c. How some of our leaders defiled the lockdown procedure which led to the global spread of the virus and nobody held anybody responsible for those actions.
d. And many more stories from the length and breadth of the nation.
e. How Nigeria didn’t have money and resources to fight the pandemic and how money was donated and we still couldn’t get ventilators.

So I decided to research the places I will visit in Dubai. I got so excited I decided to write about the beautiful places to visit in Dubai once this lockdown is over. See the post here. https://www.travelwaka.com/20-tourist-destinations-in-dubai/

Halfway through my writeup, I felt teary, I was almost weeping viewing the beautiful images of this modern city. I am hardly emotional. I read how the Dubai visionary leadership have contributed immensely to the development of this great city and one thought keep coming through my mind, I kept asking what have we done to deserve the kinds of Leaderships we have in Nigeria?

Some of the THings that shocked me
1. Dubai Doesn't have natural rivers, lakes or lagoon, they built it all from scratch
2. Dubai land is not as fertile as ours
3. Dubai even built the largest seaport in their region
4. A city (Dubai has 3 functional seaports) and we as a country have 7 seaports and we cant boast of 4 seaports working at full capacity

Read Full Article Here Why Nigeria is struggling to Develop Despite Having More Resources than Dubai

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by travelwaka: 12:16pm On May 19, 2020
Similarities Between Nigeria and Dubai (UAE)
1. They are both colonized by Great Britain
2. They both have petroleum
3. They are both a religious country
4. They both got independence in the same decade

Where Nigeria has more Advantage Than Dubai
1. Dubai doesn’t have fertile lands (it’s located in the desert) Nigeria is blessed with fertile lands
2. Dubai does not have natural rivers, lakes, streams etc everything they have is almost man-made, Nigeria has natural seas, oceans, rivers, lakes, lagoons etc
3. Dubai barely experience rain out of the 365 days, Dubai experience less than 25 days of rain whereas in Nigeria alone this year, there is a report that there will be over 260 days of rain
4. Dubai does not have other major raw materials most of them are imported, Nigeria have virtually every raw materials you can imagine on earth that we don’t even know what to do with them.
5. Dubai is located in the Desert with a crazy temperature, Nigeria has a moderate temperature.
6. Nigeria got her independence in 1960, Dubai got hers in 1971
7. Dubai built her first airport in 1960, Nigeria built its first Airport (Mallam Aminu Kano Internationa Airport) in 1922 and it started operations in 1936. See lists of Airports in Nigeria
8. Oil was discovered in Dubai in 1958 while Oil was discovered in Nigeria in 1956
Nigeria started drilling oil by 1958 while Dubai started drilling and sold its first oil in 1960
9. Dubai is not even a state, Its, not a country it’s a city within UAE, Nigeria, on the other hand, is a country which is supposed to be more powerful than a city.
10. Dubai city covers an area that’s just about 4,110km2 while Nigeria covers an area of 923,768km2

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by travelwaka: 12:21pm On May 19, 2020
Ten Things Dubai has Done Better Than Nigeria

1. They built the tallest building in the world in just 5 years while in Nigeria we are struggling to finish the construction of Lagos Ibadan expressway since Obasanjo left office since 2007
2. They made man-made rivers, lakes, canals etc in Nigeria we have these things naturally and we can’t even maintain them.
Nigeria has just a few functional seaports, now Dubai that doesn’t have these natural amenities built world-class man-made harbours
3. Dubai a city has three functional seaports while Nigeria a country with 36 states has just about seven seaports with just about three working at full capacity
4. Dubai does not have natural water bodies and they have been able to build rivers, streams etc while the Nigerian water corporation is struggling to supply 24 hours water supply.
5. Dubai port of Jebel Ali is the largest port in the middle east and it was built from scratch, it is the largest man-made harbour in the world.
6. Dubai built the first rotating skyscraper in the world that is every time the building will be rotating to face a different destination
7. Now Dubai is tired of Burg Khalifa (the tallest building in the world) that they are currently building another tallest building in the world called Jeddah Tower
8. Currently, oil only makes about 5% of Dubai’s earnings while oil accounts for about 90 per cent of Nigeria’s
9. As at 2013 UAE generates 27.2 Gigawatts (GW) and they are currently planning to launch 4 nuclear reactors that can produce 5600GW they also have the biggest solar power plant in the world. Nigeria is still struggling to generate 5,000MW. Note Dubai is talking Gigawatts while we are still struggling with MG watts.
10. Dubai has one of the best medical facilities in the world, Dubai built a 5,000-bed capacity within a week just to prepare for the coronavirus while Nigeria as a country couldn’t even build such a number for its over 200 million citizens,

cc lalasticlala

1 Share

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Nobody: 12:23pm On May 19, 2020
Comparing dubai to nigeria is like comparing apple to orange.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by donbachi(m): 12:32pm On May 19, 2020
How dare u compare heaven with hell.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by travelwaka: 12:33pm On May 19, 2020
Well considering the fact that we have more advantages than them, in terms of resources and human power

Fabulouzjoseph:
Comparing dubai to nigeria is like comparing apple to orange.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by travelwaka: 12:34pm On May 19, 2020
Haaaa the difference is they have visionary leaders that care about the people and are passionate at developing their nation

donbachi:

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by tillaman(m): 12:35pm On May 19, 2020
Comparing Dubai to Nigeria no follow, but then let’s remember that the whole UAE Aborigines no enter 2.5million Both home and in diaspora,
Talk more of Dubai wey no fit enter 500k emiratis but still on still they are blessed with visionary and selfless leaders!!
There’s difference between having resources and being able to put it to good use by virtue of good leadership!
Nigeria is like an ocean of ineptitude and other dirty vices

2 Likes

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Nobody: 12:36pm On May 19, 2020
travelwaka:
Well considering the fact that we have more advantages than them, in terms of resources and human power

you forgot good brains. We resources and human power but we don't have good brains to manage them.
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by travelwaka: 12:43pm On May 19, 2020
I disagree, we also have great brains here, did you know that 80 per cent of the people living in Dubai are foreigners, the only thing they had working for them is they had a visionary leader who saw the future and made other people around the world to make those dreams a reality.
Fabulouzjoseph:
you forgot good brains. We resources and human power but we don't have good brains to manage them.

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Kingseex1(m): 12:45pm On May 19, 2020
i know say naija leaders dissapointed us but always be fair in ur comparism
Population
UAE -over 10million
NIGERIA- about 200m

States
NIGERIA-36
UAE - 7

number of legislators
NIGERIA -469
UAE -40

oil producing countries
NIGERIA- 13th
UAE -8th
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Nobody: 12:52pm On May 19, 2020
travelwaka:
I disagree, we also have great brains here, did you know that 80 per cent of the people living in Dubai are foreigners, the only thing they had working for them is they had a visionary leader who saw the future and made other people around the world to make those dreams a reality.
If nigerians are smart why don't we have smart leaders?
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Abdulquadrimuha(m): 1:13pm On May 19, 2020
Comparing Dubai with Nigeria
Smh
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Minsk24: 1:36pm On May 19, 2020
UAE is blessed with visionaries... Away from the main topic, i feel another thing the UAE govt should do in order to ensure Dubai and Abu Dhabi remain very attractive to foreigners and FDI is for them to stay away from regional conflicts... Especially in Libya... The Govt shouldn't do anything to tarnish its image before the western media rips them apart like they did to Saudi Arabia after the Kashogii incidence...
Nice Write-up OP...
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 19, 2020
Wrong comparisms. If Nigeria had only 10 populations from just one tribe with that much oil(open fields and not niger delta swamps) . We would be nearly at par
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Dollywood(m): 2:25pm On May 19, 2020
donbachi:

This got me laughing grin grin
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by travelwaka: 11:00am On Jul 24, 2020
I doubt, The reality is ask yourself the few resources they have what have they done with it?
Kekereekun123:
Wrong comparisms. If Nigeria had only 10 populations from just one tribe with that much oil(open fields and not niger delta swamps) . We would be nearly at par

1 Like

Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by Nobody: 11:22am On Jul 24, 2020
I still prefer that Dubai too this shithole angry
Re: Dubai Is not a Country, Doesn't have Natural Rivers, More Developed than Nigeria by NaijadrivaCars: 11:26am On Jul 24, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Should I Visit First - Kenya, Egypt Or Tunisia. / Tourist Business In Nigeria / Nice Hotel In Uk For Reasonable Price

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.